What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 11/2/17 3:10 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning and happy Thursday everyone. I'm driving in to work today because my coworker that I usually drive with is sick and my daughter is getting an honour roll award tonight so I have to leave early to get there for that.

So what kind of student were you? I was a Bs and Cs kind of gal. I'm not one to study much and have a pretty good memory that carries me through. My 2 boys are like me but my daughter is amazing about her school work. She works so hard and I'm so proud of her.

Accountability- Owen left his treat bag on the table and I caved - I had 3 fun size chocolates and then put the bag in his room and asked him to keep it there.

Menu:

B: Fried egg, Bacon

L: Salad Bar

D: Beef stew in the instant pot

S: Greek yogurt with sf raspberry jelo

Weight is 170 this morning. Have to buy some vitamins today so will take them later.

Have a great day everyone and don't forget about our Halloween theme for photo Friday tomorrow!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 11/2/17 3:45 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Teena and menu folks! Today is supposed to be warmer and since my cold is improving, I think I will try for a long outdoor walk at lunch. I miss getting out when I don't go.

I had my 8-month appointment with my surgeon yesterday and it was disappointing. I have reached my personal weight loss goal, but the surgeon says that I have lost too much weight and wants me to regain 5-10 pounds. I agreed that I didn't really want to lose more, but he was very upset with me, which upset me. He wants me to drastically eat more calories (almost double what I am eating now), and that bothers me because I don't want to start a regain. I talked to his nutritionist too and she wants me to eat alot more carbs. I find carbs to be a slippery slope for me and I personally think that I need to be very careful about adding some foods to my diet. I am just upset about the appointment. I try to be a compliant patient, but I don't think that his advice is accurate for me in this case.

QOTD: I was a straight A student all through school except for PE, which I hated. I studied hard and read alot.

Accountability: the pork chops that I keep planning to have for dinner still are in the fridge. We ordered food last night and I had steamed shrimp, which I love.

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 pieces of turkey bacon

Snack: Lemonade protein shake

Lunch: I am going out to eat today to a gourmet salad place. I've already looked at the menu and picked out some good options

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: BBQ chicken, collards

Exercise: long walk, deep water aerobics

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/2/17 3:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

A lot of people hear these kind of messages from their NUTS (and sometimes doctor/nurse). You should think about how to best apply their advice - maybe with good vegetables which don't make cravings start. If you are in a normal BMI range and paying attention to nutrition and take all your vitamins, you know what will work best for you in maintaining. Both the nurse practitioner and NUT said the same things to me when I was first hitting maintenance, but my surgeon has been pleased with where my weight is and what my routine is.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 11/2/17 6:33 am

I think you need to do what you feel is best. I went through this also recently. was told 118 was 'too thin' and to increase my calories. now i'm at 130 and now mad that I took the advice. It is also hard as crap to lose again without really reducing calories and being really strict. And I'm struggling with that. Not that 130 is a 'bad weight' but still...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Ereiam
on 11/2/17 6:41 am
RNY on 05/16/16

My NUT told me to increase calories at 9 months out because I had met the surgeon's goal. I so wish I hadn't done it.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Dcgirl
on 11/2/17 6:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ignore ignore ignore. Follow YOUR plan, Janet! Trust me, as time goes by, your pouch capacity increases, having a few chips at the Mexican restaurant creeps in, having a glass of wine while out with friends happens...year 3 is a ***** Your new weight is the new normal, the compliments stop, and everyone just knows you as your new normal size. So many people struggle with maintenance (myself included) and put on 10 or 20 lbs. This does not mean it will happen to you, but as we get less vigilant and less strict, it can definitely happen. So do not do not do not do not purposely gain now! You have followed your plan to a T and you are a great success and the hard part starts now. Please don't let your surgeon upset you or make you think you didn't do AWESOME, because you did. You are healthy and active and you have prolonged your life greatly. Be proud!

Emiepie
on 11/2/17 7:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Keep your head up!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/2/17 8:37 pm

IMO body fat % is more important than weight. Too thin is relative.

If you feel good and have the energy- then great. But if you are cold all the time, run down, feel tired, weak - then you may need to re-examine your goal.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Librarian67
on 11/3/17 4:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

HALAB, I scheduled a Dexa scan to check out the body fat and the bone density (I have a family history of osteo). That is an important set of information to see the real facts.

As for feeling good, I feel great, although I am cold alot.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/3/17 6:11 am

I have a large frame, so I am rather relatively heavy with low body fat%. Right now my body fat % is most likely below 20 and I personally don't think that is great. For someone younger and healthy, that would be perfect. For a woman over 50 with some gut issues - not so much. For a woman over 50 - that means I basically have essential body fat left. So now when I don't have time, or appetite to eat- my body is going to use my muscles, not my fat to sustain me. I am probably one bad stomach flu from going to a hospital for mineral imbalances/ malnutrition. I am tired every day. I have no energy left by the end of the day.

Now - even when I don't feel like eating - I know I have to. On one side- it is great to be rather lean, on anther- health wise - not so much.

Feeling cold post op RNY is normal.

Also - because you lost so rapidly- your face probably looks tired and really thin. But - most of us get much better looks after a year or so in maintenance. 2 years post op - my weight did not change, but my face looked like I did. Fat redistribution.

I am the same weight (maybe even a couple of lbs lower ) than I was app one year post op - but because my face does not show that- people don't comment that I look too thin.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 382 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404