Missing my tall boots

Au_Contraire
on 11/7/17 9:06 am

Yes, that makes sense. The fact that you and others here, further along than I am, have sized down to medium calf boots is so encouraging! Thank you for responding.

pr31
on 11/7/17 6:46 am

I'v always had trouble with boots, even at a somewhat normal weight. I bought 2 pair that I really liked the beginning of last Fall while I was still loosing and they were wide-calf and still a little snug. I put the 1st pair on for the first time last week and there's about a 2-inch gap. I'll still wear them because I usually wear them with long skirts so you don't see the top anyhow. Maybe this year I will buy regular (not wide-calf) - sound like a shopping trip is necessary

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Au_Contraire
on 11/7/17 9:15 am

That's fantastic! i know what you mean! Even when much less heavy, I too always had muscular calves - but not so much that most boots wouldn't fit. How exciting that the boots you purchased just last year have gone from snug to so roomy! That is wonderful!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/7/17 9:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Every body is different, and we all tend to lose weight in different places, plus body composition changes as we age.

Some people have no trouble getting into regular boots. For me, on the other hand, when I wore a size 2, I STILL had to wear wide-calf boots!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Au_Contraire
on 11/7/17 9:25 am, edited 11/7/17 1:29 am

I have a friend who for many years (long ago, as we are both in our 60s) was a dancer with the American Ballet Theater. Despite her elongated, incredibly lean frame, her calves were muscular powerhouses which made regular size boots difficult to wear. It really is interesting, how different our bodies can be!

Sheila_H
on 11/7/17 5:24 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I'm sure you'll be able to wear your boots again. I see it with jewelry (my weak point). My rings are getting looser and even the necklaces (I guess my neck is getting smaller) are hanging lower. Moral of the story; if my fingers and neck are shrinking, your calves will shrink too.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 11/7/17 5:34 pm

My rings are sliding around on my fingers too! There will come a point where I will have to wear them on my middle finger, or get ring guards!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/17 6:16 pm

Congratulations on roll the uggs up! I look forward to successes like yours.

I apologize I can not help you with your question since you are ahead of me but I certainly hope you read all goals!

Penny

Au_Contraire
on 11/7/17 6:22 pm

Thank you Penny! Wishing you smooth sailing through your surgery and beyond!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 414 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 32 views
Recent Topics