Anastomotic Dialation on posy RYN 6.5 yrs

bnsfpd4
on 11/6/17 5:39 pm

I have been having RT UQP for a few years now. I was told it was scar tissue and that it will go away. Well it so far has not and in the past year it has increased in pain and frequency. Though it might have something to do with weight gain. I have gained back almost all my lost weight. I have been fighting to just remain where I have been and that is not working. No matter what I do I gain weight. I had a EGD last week and a small bowel follow through today.. My Gastro doc told me my pouch looked fine but my pouch to intestine is dilated and he can go in and burn it to create scar tissue to close it up. Worried he is not a bariatric Dr. He is very thorough and love his to death. He did not do my initial surgery. I was in Iowa city for that while I lived in Iowa and now I am in Arkansas. Jonesboro area. The only bariatric doc is Dr. Jones and I do not here good things about him and honestly have been told from other doctors he has a high mortality rate of all the doctors in town.. yeah not my thing. Plus I was supposed to see him when i first moved here and it was his NPRN that told me.. loose more weight and the scar tissue will not hurt as bad. Anyway I started doing some digging and found the dilated portion is called Anastomotic Dialation. Does anyone has any words of advise for me? Is this a good revision for this issue?

White Dove
on 11/7/17 4:50 am - Warren, OH

What is RT UPG?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ladytazz
on 11/8/17 6:57 pm

Right upper quadrant pain.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/7/17 5:25 am

Your post is not very clear.

But no matter what- I never heard of scar tissue "going away". In most cases- scar tissue can get worse overtime - the internal scar tissue.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NYMom222
on 11/8/17 3:51 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I had seen a video by a Bariatric Surgeon Dr Voung, he mostly does sleeves now but does do RNY and he talked about what we think is our pouch stretching it is not usually the pouch but the first portion of the intestine attached to the pouch. Sounds like what you are describing.

Even if you have this Doc you like do the surgery is it possible for a Bariatric Doc to give a second opinion or consult and look at your history and tests even if they are in another city?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

bnsfpd4
on 11/18/17 12:10 pm

Thank you all for your feedback!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?