What's on your Thanksgiving Thursday Menu RNYers? (Day 4 Gratitude Post)

Queen JB
on 11/23/17 3:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! As I mentioned yesterday I am BEYOND excited to bring my favorite people together today. I am expecting people to start coming around 1pm, and we will probably sit down to eat around 2:30pm. We have a tradition of going for a nice long walk after dinner (we call it a "forced march" haha), so at least I know I will get a little exercise, besides the running around I am doing this morning. We had to put the treadmill away to make space so that's not an option today.

I did a lot of planning for my menu this morning. I can't say I will stick to this 100%, I am sure there will be some Bite Licks and Tastes throughout the day, but it really helped me to do some planning. I tried lots of combinations of foods and decided there are some things that I just can't have (jeez--cheesecake is REALLY bad for you!). Anyway, I am not denying myself some yummy stuff today, but I tried to be really thoughtful about how to keep it reasonable.

Gratitude Post Day 4: I am so grateful for my friends and family. My parents are so loving and generous and I am so lucky to have been raised by such wonderful people. Most of the rest of the people I consider family are actually close friends and I am so blessed to have such wonderful people who I choose (and who choose me) to be family.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/23/17 3:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for starting this JB! I am exhausted after driving 9 hours yesterday to our Florida condo, then only sleeping for about 3. I had a hard time falling asleep so ended up cleaning the main room of the condo in the middle of the night (went back to bed around 4). I am loving my coffee in my mermaid cup this morning!

Gratitude Post Day 4: I am grateful for all my children even though we will be having Thanksgiving in different locations (we will be back home with them at Christmas).

1 year, 8 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Turkey and bites of many other things

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 11/23/17 11:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Liz, glad that you made it to FL safely. Have fun and I hope that you get some good sleep!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

pinyee
on 11/23/17 4:58 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating... I woke up with a raging headache this morning even though I slept for 10 hours last night I have not done that in forever. I think having my daughter home relaxes me! So I took my extra strength migraine meds and soon I will be off and running. We are going to watch the Macy's Day Parade a local girl who was in Emily's theater group growing up is in the opening number so we will be looking for her "Yeah Claire!" Later on before we head out to my brothers we are going to see my mom at the cemetery and bring up her Christmas wreath and DD coffee.

QOTD: Today I am grateful for being able to spend time with those I love. I am looking forward to spending a few extra hours today with my daughter and her friend, my nieces, my dad, my brother, my sister-in-law and my husband. I'm grateful for when I walk into the house today my two nieces will come running into my arms and say Aunt Penny where is Uncle Bryon? but I know they love me... Later in the day I will try and be thankful when I go visit my 91 year old grandmother who still lives alone and cooked dinner for my two aunts and their families that I don't get sassy with them and tell them that it is time for them to cook for her for a change..... I'm also thankful for Menu Family you all are the best group of non-family family a girl can ask for and I look forward to some day meeting up with you.

Food for the day... I really have not plan I did get a text from my brother at 3am telling me the brisket was on so I know that there will be protein abound. But I am allowing for a couple bites of treats but I will try my best to be a good girl....

Well now that I have written my book. I am going to get to making my coleslaw with pineapple and without and my celery w/cream cheese and I will have done my cooking for the day!

Have a wonderful day and please wish your families a Happy Thanksgiving from the Billado's in Vermont!

Librarian67
on 11/23/17 11:44 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I hope that your migraine feels better soon so that you can enjoy your day. Hugs as you visit the cemetery!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 11/23/17 5:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Thanksgiving Julia and Menu Family!

Gratitude Day 4: I am SO thankful for my daughter, Saralisa, who was my miracle baby. I thought I was going to miss out on having children when I was blessed with Saralisa at age 37! I am also thankful for all my family, including my parents who are no longer living, but I'm very thankful I had them for parents.

Accountability: I ate another piece of apple pie last night so my calories and carbs are higher. Thankfully the pie is gone now. Protein - 62, Calories - 1,205, Carbs - 156.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: Thanksgiving dinner - will try to control myself this time.

D: crustless chicken pot pie

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Meggles07
on 11/23/17 5:25 am - Canada

Good morning!!

It was hard to get out of bed this morning with it being so chilly. One puppy was snuggled right up -- he's smaller so he needs the extra warmth ;) I'm hoping today isn't too slow. I don't have any meetings until later next week which means I really don't have a lot to work on until then. I hate sitting around doing nothing, but I have asked for extra work and haven't been given anything. I don't want my boss to get annoyed with me taking days off, so I do a lot of time wasting.

Gratitude - I'm so grateful for my friends and family. We are relatively close even though there are disagreements and spats. Totally normal I'm sure. Yesterday I texted my aunt asking if I could call her for some advice and she told me to call her right then. We had a nice chat and she was happy to take sometime to help me sort things out. We are still going to our big family Christmas this year, but DH and I have talked about scaling things back in the next couple years to reduce the craziness. He only has two days off this year, so we want to maximize our time together and relaxing.

Post-op two years, eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - egg

Lunch - turkey pepperettes

Snack - cheese whisps, pepperoni

Dinner - tbd, I'm thinking pork roast

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

Librarian67
on 11/23/17 11:48 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Hopefully you can make wise choices for the holidays. Sometimes I need to go all out and then there are other years when I need to do something small and quiet. Take care of yourself!

CarlRay
on 11/23/17 5:47 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning!

Menu: B: Same as yesterday, I ate most of an apple on my walk to work, and a laughing cow wedge. Extra watered-down and iced protein shake to sip on til it's gone.

MS: Oikos Select greek yogurt cup. Whatever flavour I grabbed, I can't remember. Same snack for afternoon.

Lunch: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, mixed with 4 oz of cucumber chunks.

Supper: Not sure what's on the go

All vites and water

QOTD: Day 4. I too am thankful for my family. All of them to be sure, but in particular, my wife and kids. They've been very supportive in this WLS journey, but overall they're just awesome. On a daily basis, my wife gets the kids out the door, then goes to work for most of the day, before cooking supper and doing laundry (she won't let me in the kitchen or laundry room). We balance the bulk of the chores between us, but I find it amazing the stuff she does and make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

The kids are so bright, smart and funny. Both daughters are very different personalities, but have the same caring heart and really show it at times. Sure sometimes when they drive me nuts, I'd trade them to passing gypsies for a bag of apples (and sometimes say that jokingly), but they're my little nut-bars and I can't imagine life without them making it interesting.

Have a great day!

Teena D.
on 11/23/17 5:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning from beautiful Pennsylvania! We are enjoying our time here for sure. We drove all night Tuesday. There was snow and rain all the way through New York but it got better once we crossed into PA. We stopped in Selinsgrove for breakfast and we did some shopping at a thrift store. It was a massive store and it happened to be half price day! Everyone was pretty tired after driving all night but I managed to pick up a few great things- 2 skirts for me and 1 for Chelsie, yoga pants, 3 sweaters including a Talbot's and a pair of dress pants for Tyler came to $17! I was amazed! We got to Sils at noon.

QOTD: I am so thankful for my sense of well being. I can honestly say that I have not felt this good in years. It feels like I turned a corner recently. I've felt good since my surgery but lately I've just felt great.

Accountability- I don't even know. I think I was on the low end of calories yesterday but I didn't get enough protein in. I opened MFP so as no to lose my tracking streak but that's it. I will log it today.

Menu: I'm not sure what's on the menu but I've seen deviled eggs, chicken and turkey and I made pumpkin Whip last night as well. I'm still in bed but getting up now - it smells delicious!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 490 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 346 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?