Just4me7
on 11/28/17 12:05 pm

Hi folks. New here. I am in the second month of my 6 months of supervised dieting. I have clearances from cardio, pulmonary, and my surgeon has already done an EGD. So by his calculations I should finish up with the preliminary things by March 2018. Seems like a long way off. I went to a seminar in June and made my first appt with surgeon in August.

pr31
on 11/28/17 12:39 pm

Welcome. There's lots of great advice on this forum. Make sure to take advantage of all of it. Your timing is pretty similar to how mine progressed. I went to my first seminar in October 2015 and had surgery in June 2016. It was a great decision. March will be here before you know it. Make the best use of the time by learning everything you can about your new lifestyle and beginning to make changes now. Best wishes!

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Just4me7
on 11/28/17 3:27 pm

Thanks! I have started "mourning" the foods I know inshouldnt be eating, but have had some slip ups during thanksgiving. I've been reading the posts and am heartened by the support from folks

ks76
on 11/28/17 1:56 pm
RNY on 11/29/17

I too had to do 6 months of supervised "dieting" with my PCP. Consisted of a prescription for adipex and her sending me out the door with my next monthly appt scheduled. It goes by FAST..like super fast. My surgery date is tomorrow and all i can think of is how 6 months seemed like FOREVER when I first started. I had to have the 6 months of visits, a psych eval, and nutritionist counseling from the surgeons office. Good Luck and keep it up!

Just4me7
on 11/28/17 3:30 pm

Good luck to you! Please let us know how things go!

ks76
on 12/1/17 2:20 pm
RNY on 11/29/17

Things went really well. Star patient I was told. My husband stayed with me the entire time so I didn't really need the nurse and he was like well I'll just show up for vitals and drugs. lol! I loved the staff there, they were all really nice. I came home yesterday and am sore in the gut today but otherwise feeling pretty good. Walked around Kroger for an hour this morning as part of my walking, then around a couple of shops after picking my kids up from school. They want you to walk walk walk. so I'm trying to get that in. Debating on when I want to go back to work too. They told me to tell my job to plan for 2 weeks, but 1 would probably be sufficient. (I hate to sit around at home) I'm thinking I'll go back next Thursday. That will be 1 week from surgery.

Writergurl08
on 11/29/17 7:54 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Hello! I'm also in a 6 month evaluation, I should be done next month and hoping for a late Jan-early Feb surgery! Of course it depends how fast insurance will give me an approval.

It seems like forever, but it will be done before you know it. As for mourning food, remember you WILL be able to eat the things again. It will just be a matter of accepting the consequences and if you even WANT those things again. My husband had RNY in May and looks at some of his old favorites with disgust now.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Just4me7
on 11/29/17 8:31 am

Yep, yours will be here in no time. Did you have a certain amount to lose in your 6 months? My doctor never said a specific for me but after he left out of the rooom, his nurse said just try to lose at least a pound a week.only lost 3 lbs in month 1. So your husband is doing well after his?

Writergurl08
on 11/29/17 9:58 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I did not get a specific amount to lose either, but I was warned to not gain at least. I have lost some just by virtue of more or less following a post-op kind of diet along with my husband--not quite the small portions he is eating, but I am measuring and weighing and being mindful of my portions, mostly sticking to protein and non-starchy vegetables, and I've been going to the gym 2-3 times per week. My weight before starting the process was 340, and I'm fluctuating around 310-315 now. A lot of that weight I dropped because I did the liquid/soft food diet along with my husband when he was doing his.

And he's doing great! No complications directly related to the surgery, and he's lost 140 lbs since May. He started really high though, so it was expected that he'd have a huge drop early on.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Just4me7
on 11/29/17 10:22 am

That's great teamwork, following his type of diet in order to help him.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics