What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 12/5/17 9:50 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ugh I am sorry to hear about your tooth! I had this happen a few years ago. I was terrified of having the tooth removed, but a combination of nitrous (laughing gas!) and a numbing shot made it a breeze. Just be sure you have the implant made and put in - if you wait too long (since once the tooth is out, the pain is gone, so it's easy to procrastinate!) the teeth in your mouth will move and rearrange themselves.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/17 5:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Weather is still good here and our friends are coming for dinner tonight.

QOTD: I went to a WLS support meeting here in Florida last night and the speaker was a physical therapist. He was pretty good - his theory was that the smallest number of exercises needed to address the important areas is best and will result in more consistent application. He suggested sitting on one of those exercise balls while watching TV to strengthen your core - once you get good at it bounce a bit, roll a bit backwards and forwards or side to side. For triceps which he felt were important he showed a motion using a soup can for a weight OR doing a push-up off of the wall. He said walking was a great exercise. For those who don't like sitting on the seat of a regular exercise bike, he suggested removing the seat and sticking a regular chair above the seat turning it into a recumbent bike. His recommendation was trying to get 20 minutes of exercise a day at minimum.

I've been good at walking consistently but not much else.

1 year, 8 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: Turkey salad and cucumber

D: Steak and salad

S: yogurt or protein bar, nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 12/5/17 5:28 am

QOTD: I think that the scale at this point is my motivator. I have not been happy with the weight and honestly exercise helps with making better food choices as well as feeling better. I am starting back small on something I CAN do everyday and doesn't take forever. I am using an app called 8fit.com - only 5-20 min a day. who can't find that time? Yes, I know the scale shouldnt determine my happiness/unhappiness but for now it kind of plays into the overall picture. Also my goal for this next year is to be as FIT as possible and I am actually gaining arm muscles! it is amazing

We are leaving saturday for NYC!!! so happy and excited for all that walking! anyone in the area want a meetup let me know.

Food for today.

gizzards

HB egg whites

leftover rotis chicken

gizzards

jello/yogurt

not sure on dinner yet

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teena D.
on 12/5/17 5:49 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Have fun in New York!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Writergurl08
on 12/5/17 5:35 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I have decided to cut back on the overtime I've been working. The money is good, but I've burned myself out and feel anxious and stressed because I haven't had enough time for ME. I will still work through my lunches and maybe stay an extra half hour late (1 hour of OT per day still) but no more working 6:30 AM to 7 PM. I left at 4 yesterday, went to the gym, went home and relaxed. It was great!

qotd: I motivate myself out of guilt, to be honest. I know when I'm slipping back into bad habits or not doing what I should be, then out of guilt I yank myself back on course. I don't usually enjoy being back on course right away, but after a few days I'm back to the grind

breakfast: two eggs scrambled with green pepper, onion, mushroom, and cheese and a skinny hazelnut latte

lunch: catered in today, there will be hot wings, dinner salad, and fruit and veggie trays. I think someone (or several someone's) grumbled about feeding us too much junk. I will be able to make good choices with this :)

dinner: last of the leftover beef stew

nerd to drink more water today! I only got in maybe 30 oz yesterday and I feel like my body is made out of an old newspaper.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Teena D.
on 12/5/17 1:43 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

This is my last week for overtime. Dec 12 is the last day we are getting it. Planning to get 10-13 hours in I hope. :)

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Writergurl08
on 12/6/17 5:45 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I've been doing 10-15 hours extra each week, but we'll be having overtime through January. I don't want to burn out before that, since my surgery will likely be in February and I'll want the extra pay in savings

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

CarlRay
on 12/5/17 6:00 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! Menu: Breakfast: protein shake. MS/AS: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with 2 oz cucumber. L: 1 cup or so of homemade turkey soup. S: Unknown but protein forward. Decaf, Water and lots of it. All Vites.

QOTD: Right now my motivator for shedding pounds is the scale, plus an old picture of me behind my drumset. The posture I had that night was horrible, and this picture made me look brutal. Jabba the Hutt brutal. There aren't many shots of me at my highest, but it is a big reminder to keep my arse kicked into high gear. I'm 3 lbs above goal. Trying to hit that before Christmas and drop another 20 by March Break. When I hit a target number, another big motivator is the suit I have planned to buy. These things linger in the back of my mind, and when I'm tempted to stray, they usually pop up and shut me down. Not always (I'm human), but 99% of the time it keeps me on track and I'm good with that. My doctors are also ecstatic with what's happening to me, and that too motivates me to keep it going.

Librarian67
on 12/5/17 6:45 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats! You are doing great!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

CarlRay
on 12/5/17 11:21 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks! Evenings continue to be weak food-times for me, sticking with just decaf or water or whatever. Sometimes a small snack gets in there too, but I'm working on eliminating that. I'd like to limit the snack to protein only, and only when I've done something worthy of a snack (i.e. workout, drum a show, etc.). Then I don't mind so much. On off-nights, replacing it with a walk around the block is my goal.

:)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views