What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

Emiepie
on 12/5/17 6:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Our weather here dropped pretty quickly-like the morning temp down 17 degrees from Sunday to yesterday so we aren't seeing too much "Fall" apparently.

QOTD: For me, my exercise helps with my stress level so I know if I don't get it done I won't feel right. Not sure if that makes sense.

Accountability: Added a few almonds while I was prepping my food for today.

Time since surgery: 3 years 3 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Salami, Carbmaster yogurt, and mixed nuts

D:4 oz. grilled steak, cauliflower mashers topped with cheese and bacon bits

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 miles ran this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1176 Protein:123 Carbs:70 Fat:48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Librarian67
on 12/5/17 6:47 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I know what you mean about the mental part of exercise. It really helps my mood when I feel tired or in a funk. I try to remind myself of that. Sometimes I will tell myself that I will do just a little bit and then quit, but I often keep going and feel much better.

You are truly an inspiration with all of your exercise!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 12/5/17 6:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Aww, thanks!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cc583
on 12/5/17 2:33 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I agree with Librarian! :)

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

karenp8
on 12/5/17 6:20 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning everyone. It was 67 yesterday here in the cornfields of Illinois and today's high is supposed to be 42. It was 30 with a brisk wind when Lily and I did our 3.9 miles. We will do another mile after supper too. QOTD Lily is my biggest motivator for exercise. She gets so excited and frolics like a puppy when we walk and tears up my house if we don't--so that's great motivation. Another motivator is my before picture on the frig to help me make good food choices. It usually seems to work as I don't want to be that depressed unhappy obese person ever again. Accountability was good after I threw away the last of the homemade bread. That will NOT live in my house anymore. Goal for today is more fluids as I was low yesterday. Weight was still up at 119.6 today and I am 5 years 3 months post op. Food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1 c meat and veggies from chicken tortilla soup D 31/2 oz polish sausage 1/2 c green beans S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day and make smart choices that move you closer to your goals!

Librarian67
on 12/5/17 6:48 am
RNY on 02/28/17

So glad that you have Lily as a motivator!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Teena D.
on 12/5/17 5:05 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Homemade bread would be so hard to resist!!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

catwoman7
on 12/5/17 6:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

DH's birthday is tomorrow, but we're going out tonight instead because my sister and her husband aren't available tomorrow night. It's just as well since our office is having it's end-of-semester student pizza party for lunch tomorrow, and that plus dinner out is way too much food for one day. DH wants to go to a Chinese place, so I'll do my usual (order something with (non-fried) meat & veggies, eat about a cup of it, skip the rice)

weight is still up, but after two days of decent calorie intake, I'm thinking it might be mostly backup. I've been eating more high-fiber cereal lately to keep myself from getting hungry (and it does work....). I should probably back off for a day or two to see if my weight starts dropping. If so...

QOTD: motivating myself to exercise is really hard. I'm pretty dedicated to yoga, but it's because it really helps with my stress level (that, and meditation). I hate doing weights, and it's really hard to make myself do them. As for cardio, I'm limited with respect to what kinds of I can do because of my crappy joints. Pool-based activities are great, and I do enjoy them, it's just that doing water exercises is such a hassle (changing clothes, showering) that I only go once or twice a week. I wish I could get over all of this and just go! Something very easy are the recumbent bikes and cross-trainers. Why I have such a hard time making myself go is a mystery. All I have to do is sit on the thing, pedal, and read a magazine. What is so hard about that?? Anyway, I can relate to what you're saying, Teena....

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 2 T Crio Bru grounds mixed in, raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax vanilla latte shake

L: Emiepie egg salad (added a little curry powder this time to give it a kick)

D: 1 C Chinese food, no rice

probably another yogurt somewhere in there

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 12/5/17 7:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning OH~ I thought I had a dental appt. this morning, but it's tomorrow, ugh... It's been in the 40's and so windy in the morning lately, it's crazy. The bright side? Boots and sweaters of course!

QOTD - It's been hard for me to stay motivated gym wise the past few months. So, I try to at least get 10,000 steps in daily. Most days I accomplish this. I walk as much as possible -w/the dogs, take the stairs, park far, far away, make extra trips, get up every 30 minutes and walk around my office building.... little things all add up. It's harder on the weekdays, weekends are easier to get the steps in. I'd like to do more fun activities in general like hiking, biking, kayaking, golfing, bowling...all things I love and look forward to doing. That is my current goal.

Accountability - blasted bacon/sodium....161.7

b-coffee w/hc, HB eggs

l-chicken w/onions and peppers

d-Chicken and salad

v/l -on track

e-walking the dogs if not too windy this evening.

Have a great day all!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

MNmamma
on 12/5/17 8:51 am
RNY on 10/27/16

Good morning!

I was MIA yesterday. Out sick with a bad cold and didn't feel like logging in. Eating was ok, although I made a split pea and ham soup for the family and had a bowl. I tried to make it full of chunks of ham. No GI problems last night, but I did have some urgent bathroom issues this morning. :(

QOTD: I use health to motivate myself. As I get older and little health things bother me more (knee pain, hip issues) I think about how much worse it would be if I was heavier. I try not to think about the damage I've already done to my body and think about how many years I'm adding on to my life.

Menu:

B: coffee with fairlife milk

S: eggbeaters with slice of reduced fat sharp cheddar

L: split pea soup (heavy on the ham, light on the peas)

S: HB eggs

D: ??

Have a great day!

Karen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?