What's on your Wednesday menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 12/6/17 3:55 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning, hope everyone is having a great week so far. Halfway there and less than 3 weeks until Christmas. I'm working from home today because my daughter is sick. She almost passed out yesterday and this is the 2nd time it happened so I'm very worried.

QOTD: Do you do online grocery shopping? Last night I ordered the stuff for Christmas baking from Walmart and they had a voucher to save $10 if you buy $50 so it's a great deal. And today I just drive up, call the number and they bring it out to my van.

Accountability was pretty good yesterday.

Menu is up in the air because I'm at home and not sure how long we will be at the dr. But here's what I think it will look like:

B: Protein shake

L: Deli meat and cheese

D: haven't decided yet

S: Haven't deciddd on that either

E will be Day 3 of the 21 Day Fix.

Vitamins taken - time to get the day started. Make it amazing everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 12/6/17 4:29 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Teena and menu folks! It is cooler today. It was really windy this morning so it seemed even colder than the actual temperature. No extra outdoor walk for me today.

Teena, I hope that they figure out what is happening with your daughter and that she gets better soon.

I have another appointment with the surgeon today. I weight about the same that I did last month. I have increased my calories and my loss has basically stopped. He was really upset with me last month and wanted me to gain weight. I'm not comfortable with that although I am okay with staying stable. I dread hearing his negativity, but I will smile and nod and keep doing what I am doing.

QOTD: I use Peapod delivery service from Giant most weeks for the basics. Then we go to Trader Joe's for the meat and veg each week as well. I love getting Peapod because I hate going to the store and fighting the crowds. The only thing that I've had problems with is that sometimes the eggs come cracked and they don't necessarily pick the freshest produce. That's why I buy things like that from TJ's.

Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled egg, potatoes

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: chicken breast, salad

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast, apple

Dinner: leftover chicken with broccoli

Exercise: 60 minutes of swimming, maybe Aqua Zumba

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 12/6/17 4:37 am, edited 12/5/17 8:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh no - I hope your daughter is OK! Please keep us posted - something like that would scare me, too!

didn't do all that well at DH's birthday dinner at the Chinese restaurant last night. Might have if my brother-in-law hadn't ordered a huge platter of appetizers - although I might have if I would have kept my freaking hands off of it. too! Otherwise, I did stick to my c. 1 C of food (no rice) and had a small piece of cake. In retrospect maybe I should have ordered a cup of hot & sour soup so I would have stayed out of the appetizers. It's his real birthday today, but fortunately he doesn't want to go out tonight. He has two cakes in the basement fridge (one from me, one from my sister - didn't realize she was going to bring one last night, too), but it's easy for me to stay out of those.

QOTD: haven't really done online grocery shopping, although occasionally I'll order some hard-to-find things from places like amazon, like a quart of vanilla bean paste (the price of which has gone through the roof in the last couple of years - holy cow!). It sounds very convenient, though!

pizza party at work today. I'll do my usual - just scrape the toppings off two pieces. There probably won't be anything else there of interest, so this might not be too challenging of a day. I hope.

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 2 T of Crio Bru grounds mixed in, raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: toppings off two pieces of pizza (maybe some salad if they have any - if not, I have celery sticks and peanut butter in my office fridge)

D: grilled haddock with ginger sauce, asparagus

probably another yogurt

ex: DH actually asked about going to yoga with me tonight. I was surprised since it's his birthday!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teena D.
on 12/6/17 5:18 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

The price of vanilla is crazy! I keep meaning to look at the price of vanilla beans so I can make some vanilla in the instant pot but I keep forgetting.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

catwoman7
on 12/6/17 6:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I read it's going to be about two more years 'til the price drops (if it does...), because it takes 2-3 years for before they can harvest the beans. Most of it comes from Madagascar, which has been hit with a lot of bad luck the last couple of years. A lot of their crop was wiped out. I used to get really high-end vanilla like Nielson-Massey, but the price of that is prohibitive right now (I paid about $50 a quart for it last year - now it's up well over $100). Even the cheaper, off-brands are really expensive - and I refuse to use artificial vanilla (although I might if it's for baking - but I rarely bake - I usually use vanilla in homemade yogurt). It's awful!! I wish more people would grow it, but I've read it's a very labor-intensive product, so not many people want to get into it. Although with the prices as high as they are now, it might tempt some people...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 12/6/17 10:11 am

I didn't realize you'd already responded about the Madagascar crop or I wouldn't have repeated the info! Glad to see there are other vanilla bean lovers here, though!

karenp8
on 12/6/17 5:46 am - Brighton, IL

Yum! Your dinner sounds delicious.

Emiepie
on 12/6/17 6:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Just4me7
on 12/6/17 7:25 am

I'm reading this at work and just laughed out loud abt your "freaking hands" those around me are prbly wondering what is so funny abt my work!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Au_Contraire
on 12/6/17 10:10 am

Holy cow is right, I know what you mean! The vanilla crop in Madagascar has been extremely poor over the past two years due to climate issues. storms, etc. I use vanilla beans in some of the things I make. Three years ago I could buy 25 8" gorgeous, plump, oily beans for around $25. Now the same amount is over $100! And wholesale is no better.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404