What's on your Wednesday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 12/6/17 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

Sorry to hear about your daughter and praying that the doctor figures it out and the situation is resolved quickly. That has to be scary for you both! Lily and I had a fast 3.9 mile walk this am with a temp that felt like 28. We'll do another mile after supper too. Accountability was good yesterday and I stayed on plan. QOTD have never used online shopping but our Walmart has just started it so let me know what you think please. I worry about fresh produce because I'm pretty picky there. Post op 5 years 3.25 months and weight at 119 today. Heres the food for today B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and homemade cashew butter added L 1 c chicken and veggies from chicken soup D 31/2 oz baked chicken thigh 1/2 c green beans S 5 oz cottage cheese with 1 T no sugar added peach butter. Have a great day everyone and make some amazing conscious choices!

Emiepie
on 12/6/17 6:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning. I am sorry to hear your daughter isn't feeling well- I hope you can determine the cause. Yesterday was crazy-due to the Ventura fire our office there was unable to open so we were part of the support for them. I am thinking off all impacted by the three fires in the area as they don't seem to have much containment yet.

QOTD: Nope, I have had some of my employees use it and they found it convenient. I usually need things same-day and those slots fill up fast.

Accountability: Too many snacks before bed last night (banana, PB&J made on low carb pita and some nuts)

Time since surgery: 3 years 3 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Salami snack pack, Carbmaster yogurt, and mixed nuts

D: Trader Joes Chile lime chicken burger, cauliflower mashers topped with cheese and bacon bits

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1166 Protein:122 Carbs:73 Fat:46

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 12/6/17 10:22 am

My surgery center is in Ventura. The fire there is horrible! I tried calling them yesterday to find out about this month's support group schedule (changed due to Christmas), but nobody picked up except for the remote answering service. Just tried calling them again and a recording now says that the number is not in service! This is absolutely fire-related - I so hope they're okay. These fires are beyond awful. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in harm's way!

Emiepie
on 12/6/17 11:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Most of our staff has been able to make it into the office today and of those that couldn't we have been able to communicate with them so we know they are okay. Hoping it gets under control soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Writergurl08
on 12/6/17 6:58 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Qotd: I am a huge fan of online shopping! Our regional chain, Hy-Vee offers it, as does Walmart, and I'm sure a few others. I can add things to my online cart as I notice we're out at home, then when I'm ready I can schedule my pickup (or delivery). It costs something like $3, but I've actually saved money by not impulsively throwing things in my cart because I'm hungry or they look pretty lol. Then at my scheduled time I just pull into the designated parking, call a number, and they bring out my order. They give you an estimated cost when you schedule your pickup, but the actual charge may be different pending weighted items.

My brother called last night, and I haven't talked to him in a while so I stayed up way too late talking I'm super tired today. He is a doctor himself (a neurologist) and very interested and supportive of DH and my bariatric surgeries. He's done a lot of research to understand the metabolic changes and what actually gets rearranged during RNY. It's cool that he's so supportive, but he's watched me struggle with being overweight my whole life.

breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 1 oz of crumbled sausage, onion, green pepper,mushrooms, and cheese

Lunch: 2 oz deli sliced ham, 2 Colby cheese slices

snack: Greek L&F

dinner: turkey smoked sausage cooked in Italian diced tomatoes

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Just4me7
on 12/6/17 7:44 am

Teena, I echo everyone else's hopes that your daughter's issue is resolved soon.

Yesterday, I was determined to get back on track after an out of control Sunday. My calorie count was 1565.

QOTD: I've not tried it but it sounds like a good idea. It would be handy on a day like today when I have to come up with something for the church fellowship meal tonight. I have to stop after work, pick up rotis. chicken, and salad fixings. Would be nice for someone else to have to stand in line at wally world!

Trying to avoid all the delicious foods at the potluck tonight by bringing salad and chicken and will only eat what I brought and hope to not pout about it.

Happy hump day!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

yvonnef1964
on 12/6/17 8:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I only lasted til 2 pm yesterday before I fell asleep. I feel better today.

Qotd no have not got into that.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D cheeseburger no bun, sweet potato and butternut squash

Have a good day

pammieanne
on 12/6/17 9:08 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Morning Menu Peeps!

It's Wednesday! Yay!

QOTD: I haven't ever used online grocery shopping, but it's been sounding more intriguing lately, simply to keep me from picking up things we don't really need that's not on my list... but I'm not sure I want someone else picking out my vegetables/fresh meats...

Accountability: Has been in the trash can lately! I'm in a funk in many aspects of my life right now, and I keep finding excuses and lack of motivation to allow myself to derail. I do great all day long, then I get home... sigh. I am yearning for the 'losing' days where I kept myself on a strict routine... maintenance is HARD... and kind of depressing in a strange way.

Weight this morning 140.8 Feeling like a fat whale, which is crazy over 3 lbs, but it's the truth.

B: 3.5 ounces of baked chicken thigh

L: Emiepie's egg salad that I added bacon and fresh jalapenos to. Yum!

S: I have cheese sticks/pork rinds/ salami in the fridge/here at work and if I'd eat this before I left to go home I probably wouldn't graze at home...

D: Leftover spaghetti sauce over chicken, or the meaty baked ricotta I made last night. My intentions with that are to portion out and freeze for the future... I've gotten lazy about having my freezer meals prepped.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

karenp8
on 12/6/17 9:22 am - Brighton, IL

I agree Pam it is depressing at times. You no longer get comments from people about how good you look and you don't see numbers on the scale heading down. You have to find a different motivation that works. That's why I keep a huge before pic(really a terrible picture,by the way) on my frig. It's right there as a reminder of where I used to be. So far it has helped me think before I grab and stuff my face. I definetely agree though that each day is a struggle for me and probably will always be because of emotional eating. But I WILL keep fighting! And cheering you on too,my friend!

pammieanne
on 12/6/17 10:45 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Thank you!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404