What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 12/7/17 4:00 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning and it's Friday Eve! So happy for the weekend even though I'm working overtime tonight and Saturday.

Rhank you for all the well wishes for Chelsie. The dr thinks she has an iron or B12 deficiency so he did a blood test and we should know by tomorrow she's feeling much better.

QOTD: Do you have any short term goals for the rest of December? I've recommitted to working out and I've promised myself I will do my Beachbody workouts everyday. Today will be day 4. I'm so sore! I need to remember this when I'm not motivated and stop.

Accountability- it was good yesterday.

Menu:

B: Protein Shake

L: Protein option from cafeteria

D: DH is home today so whatever he cooks

E: Maybe Pilates Fix - not sure yet

vitamind and water on track. Have a great day everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 12/7/17 4:27 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Teena and menu folks. Teena, I am glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better. I hope that she continues to make progress.

I too am looking forward to this weekend. We have an event at the Accokeek National Farm for Winters Eve. It is one of my favorite events of the year. Lots of fun and music and crafts. It's supposed to be cold, but I'll sip on coffee and wear layers and still enjoy myself.

QOTD: I usually go to deep water aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and I have also been doing Aqua Zumba on Saturdays. I am considering doing Aqua Zumba during the week too for a few weeks. I always feel awkward in class and uncoordinated but I have enjoyed the Saturdays so I may add Mondays and/or Wednesdays too. I really need to do my strength training regularly, but I am really struggling with being consistent. My other goal that I made in April was to be able to walk all 6 flights of stairs at work. I consistently do 3 flights and am able to do it without getting out of breath. I want to add in another flight so that by April I can do all 6.

Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: chicken breast, salad

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast, apple

Dinner: Turkey breast, broccoli slaw

Exercise: short walks, deep water aerobics

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Teena D.
on 12/7/17 11:59 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Stairs are tough! That's a great goal. I've been pushing myself to take the stairs instead of the elevator when it's only 1 or 2 floors, but I haven't tried for more than that.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Kakesie
on 12/7/17 4:27 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Teena and Menu Family!

I'm glad the doctor is going to figure out what is wrong with Chelsie and get it fixed.

QOTD: My short term goal for December isn't weight loss related, but I am working on putting together Saralisa's baby & childhood photo album and I am hoping to get a lot of it finished in time for Christmas. My weight loss goals are the same as always - to maintain my weight loss and not overeat during the Holiday season.

Accountability: Yesterday: Not the best day, I had a small piece of a brownie. Protein - 60, Calories - 1,170, Carbs - 149.

B: Prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: pulled chicken

D: turkey meal

S: Prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: I think I'll walk at Walmart or the mall since it's going to be really cold outside today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

supershopper
on 12/7/17 4:34 am

QOTD: short term goals are to try to lose more before my 2 year surgiversiary on the 20th. i want to be as thina s possible, yeah i know it is probably unhealthy to be focused on a number blah blah. I will continue 8fit daily and walk a ton ton this week in NYC.

did pretty well on food- did have unplanned pork rinds last night.

today we are doing a christmas tour of this mansion so will be out of work for a feew hours. there is also a buffet! yikes, will really watch that one.

so food-

gizzards

whatever they are serving at buffet/tour

yogurt

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/7/17 5:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I glad to hear that Chelsie is feeling better and the doctor has an idea of what is going on. Hopefully some supplements will be all that is needed.

QOTD: My short term goals in December are to get a routine going for walks and exercise here in Florida before we leave so I can start it back up when we return in Early January. It will be tougher to do at home as I am having eyelid PS next week so will be restricted on exercise for a bit (but should be cleared by the time we return to Florida).

1 year, 8 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish and veggies (out to eat)

S: nut thins and hummus, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CarlRay
on 12/7/17 5:34 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! I'm so glad to be off tomorrow I can't even describe it. Just gotta coffee my way through today's nonsense to get to the weekend.

Menu: I'm going with Kaizen Whey Protein Isolate shakes for Breakfast and Lunch, that'll give me 70g protein alone, and my MS/AS is 1/2 cup cottage cheese with just shy of 1/2 cup chopped cucumber mixed in. Supper will be on the lighter side but I don't know what for sure. I'm going to use the days leading up to Christmas to really slam the protein back and cut calories down even more than normal, boost myself and hopefully drop the last couple of pounds. Exercising has to bump up too, so more evening walks (even with the 11 km walking commute I do daily). Gotta hit my mark or do my best to get there at very least.

Ignoring the well-intentioned but nutritionally deadly crap that starts to filter into the office this time of year, and so far I don't even see it sitting there.

QOTD: I think what I just said is the biggest thing for me, but I also want to finish up the house preparations for relatives that are visiting. We are travelling to South Carolina, but they are coming here from Iowa so they're going to use our house while we're gone. It'll be weird being away from our whole family while they're here with the rest, but I've never traveled at Christmas before and I want to go somewhere with my wife and kids, and give them something different.

Have a great day!

catwoman7
on 12/7/17 5:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not much going on here today - other than it's freezing so I'm happy to stay inside!! I'm now regretting that I took someone's shift on Saturday (thinking that'll mean one less vacation day I'll have to take during the week of Christmas, because I can use a comp day instead -but still, I don't want to work on Saturday!!)

weight is still up even though accountability was fine yesterday. Probably due to the pizza toppings at lunch, plus a ginger sauce which had a lot of soy sauce in it at dinner (served over fish). Hopefully I'll be down a pound tomorrow, since I'm back up at 3 lbs over "oh crap".

QOTD: I didn't necessarily consider this a goal to hit by the end of December, but the thing I have been working on lately is getting down back below "oh crap"! Weird how taking 3 or 4 lbs off now is such a struggle, whereas at 300+ lbs, losing 3 or 4 lbs would have been nothing! I really do need to exercise more, too. There seems to be so much going on at night now, though - time of year, I guess...

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, 1 T Crio Bru grounds, raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: curried Emiepie egg salad

D: pulled pork, asparagus, 2 T stuffing

probably another yogurt

"

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

MNmamma
on 12/7/17 6:02 am
RNY on 10/27/16

Good Morning!

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better, Teena. That can be so stressful.

Going in for my 2nd of 3 iron infusions today. Despite being sick this past week, my energy is up, so I think they are working already. Either that, or I'm hopped up on Sudafed, lol.

QOTD: I've been trying to keep my weight loss averaging a pound a week. This is more of a goal for the next few months, I guess. Barely doing it, but I did see 163 this morning, so I'm going to count it!

B: coffee with fairlife

S: turkey with hummus

L: ranch tuna packet with light mayo

S: protein shake (easy to drink at the infusion center)

D:??

NYMom222
on 12/7/17 6:07 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Erin T ... thank you for your help with my OH glitch..I couldn't post anything....I?m back in the saddle... since it was 2 different devices 2 different browsers... my vote is some kind of OH wackiness.

FYI- while I had restarted/rebooted/cleared out cookies .... I had not cleared cache...that was the key.

QOTD: I do love Beachbody ... used to roll out of bed and do it. I have to say I don't need to make exercise a goal, as I have committed to it a long time ago. After 6 weeks of quarantine I am chomping at the bit to do it. I've gotten on treadmill twice and done sprints I was so out of shape from my furlough but loved it. I have PT and get a good upper body workout there.

What I do have to make a goal is keeping my food on point, as not everyday is a Celebration.

B: Usual latte, eggbeaters, bacon, mozzarella

L: Turkey, gravy, SF cranberry

D: Turkey, gravy SF cranberry, lite English muffin

S: protein bar or protein drink, Bulgar Wheat and PB after Workout. Greek yogurt (snacks optional)

EX: gym with trainer. and sprints...damn they are hard after being off for 6 weeks.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views