Phase 1 clear liquids

Oshi
on 12/9/17 5:18 pm

Had my gastric bypass Nov 30. I feel great! Ive had zero problems except that the clear liquid diet is starting to drive me a little wacky!!Im riding my exercise bike 30 min a day and doing light hand weights. I understand there are reasons for the special diet, just getting sick of the liquids! Totally want to be successful! I lost 70lbs prior to my surgery! I get to start full liquids on the 13. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through the next few days!!

Eggface
on 12/10/17 4:10 am - Sunny Southern, CA

That's a long liquids phase... I thankfully didn't have as many days but I think it helped me to visualize the why's of phasing in food... inside heals slower than outside. You want to be fully healed before so you minimize any issues.

Hope this gives you a few new ideas: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/05/liqui d-phase-for-post-weight-loss.html

It also helped me to make a bariatric bucket list... stuff my weight and health had kept me from doing that I wanted to do when I was able :) kept my eyes on the prize.

You've got this!!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Oshi
on 12/10/17 5:47 am

Thank you for your words of encouagement!! There are soooo many things I want to do! I can fit in a booth comfortably at a restaurant, so that is pretty exciting?

ScottAndrews
on 12/10/17 5:43 am
RNY on 03/20/17

I was on clear liquids for as long as I was in the hospital. About 72 hours.

Oshi
on 12/10/17 5:45 am

I wonder why my liquid phase is so long????

Amy R.
on 12/10/17 8:11 am

Different surgeons have different postop eating plans. I had ten days of liquids prior and three weeks of liquids post op. So it's definitely not unheard of but to others it might seem a little harsh. My surgeons post op plan is super long (I wasn't released to eat "real" food until week 9) but I think it really helped in the end - I never had as much trouble with foods early out as some people do. That's only my own experience though and just for me obviously. But I wanted to let you know that you're not alone in that slow of a progression.

I see Shelly is here and has given you her link, which is awesome. When people are looking for ideas at different stages or just something new I always send them to her Eggface space. Also there is a Recipes Forum here on OH that might have some ideas.

Good luck. You're doing great!

Eggface
on 12/11/17 2:02 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Thank you for the lovely compliment :)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Amy R.
on 12/11/17 10:13 pm

You're so welcome. And thank YOU for the many times over the years that your recipes have saved my (a-hem) bacon. ;)

Oshi
on 12/11/17 2:21 pm

Thank you, everyone!! Having all this support is awesome!!

ScottAndrews
on 12/10/17 8:16 am, edited 12/10/17 12:16 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Every surgeon's post op plan is a little different but yours is about the most conservative I've seen yet. Not sure how you're supposed to be getting 60 grams of protein in daily in clear liquids.

Ithis forum on weekends is usually not very active. You may get more responses tomorrow but I'm sure the majority in here would say 14 days of clear liquid is not normal. Most are already on to puréed foods at two weeks. That said, I'd never recommend not following the instructions of your doctor but I'd have a "Thanksgiving Feast" of full liquids come Wednesday morning. ?

One piece of advice I'd offer is don't buy too much of any one food item. Try stuff before you buy in bulk. Tastes change. Sometimes quite drastically. Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 495 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics