What's on your Monday Menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 12/11/17 4:15 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Im running late. Can someone throw out a QOTD? Sorry

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Queen JB
on 12/11/17 4:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I am back at work and therefore, back on the low-carb wagon.

It was a lovely week off. I really accomplished my goal of being ready for the holidays and not feeling rushed, plus I got to experience a lot of fun Christmas traditions and events, and as a super-duper bonus...I got to get my craftiness on! Grim taught me how to use the bandsaw this weekend, I am proud to tell you all that I am typing this with all 10 fingers in tact, plus I made something that I love! I also did a lot of creative holiday baking, and just generally had fun. It is amazing how much nicer everything is when you are not too overtired or rushed to enjoy it.

QOTD: What are you allergic to? Besides some meds, as an adult I developed an allergy to "uncooked night shade veggies" whi*****ludes tomatoes and peppers. I miss salsa!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 12/11/17 5:02 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I'm glad you had such a great week, Julia!

Teena D.
on 12/11/17 6:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks Julia! I slept in just a bit but it was enough to throw me off schedule a bit and then it was my turn to drive! So when I stopped to pick up my friend, I quickly put a post up. Sorry about that.

We had a wonderful weekend. We went shopping Friday night and then a friend of ours gave us tickets to see a Canadian group called the Barra-MacNiels- they're from Nova Scotia, and sing a lot of Irish and Gaelic music. It was Christmas themed. I went with Owen since Charles and Tyler were working and Chelsie and I get lots of chances to do things together. The highlight was when they sang Christmas in Kilarney, and invited everyone to stand up and sing along. I love to sing and I love jigs! And Christmas In Kilarney is one of my all time favourite Christmas carols.

QOTD_ I don't know that I'm allergic to anything to be honest- I do have some weird sensitivities- I can't wear medical tape or bandaids on my arms as the adhesive causes welts. Usually after bloodwork, I just hold the cotton ball in place for a couple of minutes. The same thing happens if I lean my arm on some wood furniture- but only sometimes so it must be something in the varnish.

Accountability- was not good. I had a small homemade roll yesterday and a small piece of pizza. Was still on track for calories, but a little high on the carbs.

In spite of that, I think I have broken my stall. Over the past 6 weeks, I've been up and down between 168 to 172 but yesterday and today I'm at 166.5! So I hope that means I don't see 17 at the beginning of the scale again. :)

Menu:

B: Fried egg and 2 strips of bacon

L: Turkey is being served in the cafeteria.

D: Steak

S: Not sure yet.

Exercise will be Total Cardio Fix - I love that workout. I didn't work out every day last week - but I did 5 out of 7 days and that was much better than the last several weeks.

Vitamins and water will be on track.

Have a great day everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/11/17 6:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
On December 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM Pacific Time, Teena D. wrote:

Thanks Julia! I slept in just a bit but it was enough to throw me off schedule a bit and then it was my turn to drive! So when I stopped to pick up my friend, I quickly put a post up. Sorry about that.

We had a wonderful weekend. We went shopping Friday night and then a friend of ours gave us tickets to see a Canadian group called the Barra-MacNiels- they're from Nova Scotia, and sing a lot of Irish and Gaelic music. It was Christmas themed. I went with Owen since Charles and Tyler were working and Chelsie and I get lots of chances to do things together. The highlight was when they sang Christmas in Kilarney, and invited everyone to stand up and sing along. I love to sing and I love jigs! And Christmas In Kilarney is one of my all time favourite Christmas carols.

QOTD_ I don't know that I'm allergic to anything to be honest- I do have some weird sensitivities- I can't wear medical tape or bandaids on my arms as the adhesive causes welts. Usually after bloodwork, I just hold the cotton ball in place for a couple of minutes. The same thing happens if I lean my arm on some wood furniture- but only sometimes so it must be something in the varnish.

Accountability- was not good. I had a small homemade roll yesterday and a small piece of pizza. Was still on track for calories, but a little high on the carbs.

In spite of that, I think I have broken my stall. Over the past 6 weeks, I've been up and down between 168 to 172 but yesterday and today I'm at 166.5! So I hope that means I don't see 17 at the beginning of the scale again. :)

Menu:

B: Fried egg and 2 strips of bacon

L: Turkey is being served in the cafeteria.

D: Steak

S: Not sure yet.

Exercise will be Total Cardio Fix - I love that workout. I didn't work out every day last week - but I did 5 out of 7 days and that was much better than the last several weeks.

Vitamins and water will be on track.

Have a great day everyone!

My DH would have loved that concert. Did you get a diagnosis on Chelsie (sorry I may have missed it)?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teena D.
on 12/11/17 7:43 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Oh I'm sorry for not posting about that. Her blood work was all in normal ranges except that her ferritin is on the high side. He said we will recheck that in a month. Other than that he said that the episode was probably a dip in blood sugar. I don't think she ate anything that day, and she had a chemistry unit test too so probably stressed a bit. (Proud mama- in spite of how bad she felt - she pulled of**** on the test).

Thanks for checking Liz- it means a lot. xo

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/11/17 12:03 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks for the update - I'm glad there wasn't anything too concerning.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 12/11/17 6:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! It sounds like you had a great weekend-so glad you were able to enjoy the time off.

QOTD: The only thing I know I am allergic to is Augmentin (sp?) and I have a latex "sensitivity" but that's it.

Time since surgery: 3 years 4 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Apple and Gouda chicken sausage, Carbmaster yogurt, and mixed nuts

D: Spaghetti squash casserole (roasted spaghetti squash, chicken, alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese) and sliced strawberries topped with whipped cream and a few mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with pumpkin and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1164 Protein:113 Carbs:85 Fat:46

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/11/17 7:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

"Apple and Gouda chicken sausage" sounds good - do you make it or buy it?

Emiepie
on 12/11/17 8:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I buy it, it's the Chef David brand.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 338 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics