Just had my surgery on Monday.....

JanieG
on 12/14/17 10:12 am
RNY on 12/11/17

I had my surgery on Monday (12-11 Bypass) and I'm feeling a little down. I'm asking myself what did I do to myself?!?! I feel like a Mack truck hit me and It's not a good feeling. I can't get down enough protein shakes or water. I'm not sick to my stomach or feeling horrible...just wondering if I've done the right thing. It's all so new... I know I've prepared for this for the last 6 months but I feel like everything has flown right out of my head!! I want to grab a glass of water and just drink the entire thing down! I feel so thirsty! Am I crazy, or just insane?

GerryF2003
on 12/14/17 10:38 am
RNY on 12/11/17

Hi Janie!

We had our surgeries on the same day, and I'm feeling a lot of the same things that you are. I don't have any advice for you because I'm in the same boat, but I'll listen to you and be here for you.

Gerry

JanieG
on 12/14/17 10:42 am
RNY on 12/11/17

Oh man...then you know exactly where I am, and I know where you are! I hope you're doing okay! I'm fighting to get down these protein drinks! ACK!!

mirandaF
on 12/14/17 11:30 am
RNY on 08/07/17

Feeling like that is perfectly normal. I spent a good part of 3-4 weeks after surgery wondering what I got myself into. Our hormones are in overdrive and all over the place after major surgery like this. Plus our bodies will loose weight so quickly at first that it throws our bodies out of wack. Don't worry, it does get better!

Also for tha****er and feeling so thirsty.. its because your body has changed a lot due to this surgery not to mention your ability to get in large amounts of water is limited now. It's sip, sip, sip. 1 - 1/2 oz at a time while you heal. You will find you can take bigger swallows once you heal up. But until then you just need to sip your way to success.

Try not to worry too much, if you are having problems with shakes, try warm drinks with unflavored protein in them (just don't make it too hot or the powder clumps up) Also Unjury chicken soup is amazing! It really hit the spot for me when I was getting tired of the sweet. You can do it, it really does get easier as time goes on. :)

JanieG
on 12/14/17 1:42 pm
RNY on 12/11/17

Thanks for the comments!! They do help so much!!

ScottAndrews
on 12/14/17 1:09 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

I've said this many times.... I call it the "What the ** did I do to myself?" phase. Very common!

It gets a little bit better every day. By two weeks you should start to feel some wind under your wings. Hang in there.

JanieG
on 12/14/17 1:42 pm
RNY on 12/11/17

Thank you!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?