What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 12/16/17 8:24 am, edited 12/16/17 8:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

If someone ends up beating me to this, I'll delete it..

Went to sunrise yoga this morning. A bunch of errands are on tap for today, then a cookie party/open house this evening. I'll need to eat beforehand - and be sure to add some fat. I'm OK eating with one or two cookies, but I'm not going to blow it!

Accountability: did great yesterday, weight down a few ounces. I was hoping for a pound or two. Grrr.

can anyone think of a QOTD? I'll try to think of something and add it later if something pops into mind..

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: not sure - maybe cottage cheese or chili.

AS: raw veggies with Greek yogurt dip

D: pork chop & veggies ??

just thought of a QOTD: if you received a check for a million dollars from some anonymous person, what would you do with it?

we don't have any debt, so there wouldn't be anything to pay off. I think I'd go ahead and get plastic surgery instead of going back & forth about it, and I'd set up a vacation fund to last for the rest of my life (not with the whole amount, though! But enough that I wouldn't have to save up money in the future for vacations - I'd already have it in the account). I'd also give some to charity and to my two siblings, because they don't have pensions and they're not really savers like DH and I are - I've been worried about what they're going to do when they get older (as I do for at least half the country - yikes!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 12/16/17 10:48 am, edited 12/16/17 2:48 am

Hi everybody, happy Saturday! Thank you, Catwoman7, for initiating today's menu thread.

Windy here today in Santa Barbara county! I was awakened today by an emergency mandatory evacuation alert for Montecito, immediately adjacent to Santa Barbara, up to the edge of Mission Canyon, a steep, hilly, and very beautiful neighborhood. It's where my brother's house is. I called - they were rushing to load up their truck and car, and evacuating. They'd evacuated earlier, but were able to return; this is round 2. This fire is unlike any I've ever seen before, and it is very windy here today (all of the chimes hanging from the magnolia tree in my back yard are being very musical). CalFire predicts strong winds until the evening, which, of course, whips the fire into frenzy. I am safe but I am so concerned for my brother.

QOTD: If I had a million bucks to freely spend, I would buy my son and his wife a house in Seattle. And one for me too! I'd love to live close to him. I have been in sun-drenched California for 11 or 12 years now (this time - I lived here in the 1970s and 80s, and my son was born here), and though I don't sunbathe (super pale-skinned redhead here), I will have to see how I do with months on end of grey skies and misty drizzle. Still I do want to live close to my kid even if I have to have sessions of sun-lamp therapy and extra Vitamin D!

There are a million worthy charities, as well, and our world is never short of need and pathos. So I would find some where I could make a bit of difference with some of that money, too. Money doesn't buy happiness and doesn't guarantee health, but it can buy food, and medicine, and above all, some peace of mind. I remember reading, many years ago, a study on this topic. The conclusion was just that: that above a certain fairly basic level, money doesn't buy happiness. However, if one has less than that basic level, the lack of money has a tremendously negative impact on one's well-being overall. I guess that's pretty obvious, huh?

First: Coffee with cashew milk, vanilla protein drink

B: turkey, mustard

L: roast beef, green beans

D: BBQ pulled chicken, cheddar

Have a great day today, my fellow RnYers! Stay safe, Californians!

catwoman7
on 12/16/17 12:11 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

those fires are so frightening - I hope your brother is OK!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 12/16/17 2:16 pm

Thank you! He texted me that they are safe. Fingers crossed that their home will be, too!

yvonnef1964
on 12/16/17 12:24 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon

Qotd I would pay off bills, buy a car and buy a house.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D going to my friends house for a birthday party

Have a good day

peachpie
on 12/16/17 12:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Good afternoon folks!! My day started off busier than planned. Headed to the gym for my run thanks to yesterday's snow, then hit the supermarket. Back home for breakfast and took the boy to piano and then a quick run to the store. I'm in for the rest of the day. I plan on making my final needs Christmas list- dinner plan, final gifts etc and hopefully squaring that away tomorrow.

qotd: I have lots of debt, so a million would pay off student loans, credit and stash a some away for the kids. With no debt, we could easily manage other things, like a vacation, work on the house etc.

202 today, 2.7 Years out

m1: 1 egg, 2/3c turkey sausage crumbles and 1/2 a chocolate cigar (pastry hubby brought home from work)

m2: pork rib, 1/2c stuffing

m3: ?? Cashews, cheese stick or another rib

m4: chicken meatballs

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

karenp8
on 12/16/17 2:19 pm - Brighton, IL

Busy day and just getting to post. Lily and I did our 4 miles while it was still dark then hubby and I went to a cowboy shoot. My other walk today will be the walking and standing I did there working and then tearing stages down. Then I came home and made phone calls to families who are getting Christmas baskets from our church. Its not an easy task as they have tracphones and the numbers change frequently. Also some are reluctant to answer calls from numbers they dont recognize--probably worried about bill collectors I imagine. We made 15 families very happy. One woman who is a single mom to 3 little ones got teary and said that was the only nice thing that had happened to her all week. Supper is in the oven and then I need to go up to church and run through music for tomorrow. Post op 5 years 3.5 months and weight at 118.6 today with accountability good yesterday. Heres todays food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey 1/2 c tomato slices D 31/2 oz fish 1/2 c carrots S sm apple 1 T peanut butter. Later!

Doxie-mom
on 12/16/17 8:14 pm
RNY on 03/13/17

Hello all -

I haven't posted in a while. Life has been super busy, I have been working a bunch of overtime (in fact I'm working overtime right now) and every other week I am watching my brothers kids. The 10 year old is in school so that's easy, but I stay home with the 3 year old. She keeps me hopping...and I love it :)

I only lost 5 pounds this last month. I think I really need to add exercise now to my weekly routine in order to get the scale moving faster again. I am 11.2 pounds away from my Dr's do not go any lower weight. I am 23.2 pounds from my original goal of 145, and losing 5 pounds a month will not get my to goal by my 1 year surgiversary, which I was really hoping to make.

QOTD: A million dollars would go a long way for me. $42,000 would pay off all of my debt and that includes my house. I would definitely pay off my debt first and then would pay off my siblings homes. I would then purchase a new vehicle. Then I guess I would have to decide if I was going to stay in my paid off house or move closer to work and spend more of my million. The rest would be put up for retirement and for college money for my nieces.

B - coffee with creamer, buffalo turkey

L - small spinach salad, buffalo turkey

D- small spinach salad, buffalo turkey

S - shredded chicken (crock pot), decaf coffee w/ creamer (X2)

Calories 693, protein 73, carbs 21

In case I don't make it back on before the Holidays I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!!

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 498 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 107 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?