What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 12/17/17 7:32 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning gang!

If someone else posts first, I will delete this, but I thought someone needed to get the thread started.

Today we get to pick up our Secret Santa gifts. Yesterday I dropped off the Secret Santa gifts we bought for others and for our two donation gifts for needy people. I found out the name of the girl who was my Secret Santa and we are now friends on Facebook. I got to meet her at the drop off since she was one of the helpers. We really connected! I'm sure I'll love what she picked out for me!

QOTD: What is your favorite Christmas carol and why? I think my favorite Christmas carol is "Silent Night" because when I was very little my mom taught me how to play it on a little antique pump organ that used to be hers when she was a little girl. Also, it is such a peaceful song. I also love "Joy to the World" because it is so joyous!

Funny story: When I was about 3 years old my Sunday school class was going to sing "Oh Little Town of Bethleham" for the Christmas program. On the way to the church I told my mom that I didn't want to sing that song, I wanted to sing "Jesus Loves Me". So while all the other 3-year olds were sweetly singing "Oh Little Town of Bethleham", here I was in the front row belting out "Jesus Loves Me!" at the top of my lungs! LOL!

Accountability: Yesterday: I was hungry all day long and ate too much. Protein - 94, Calories - 1,330, Carbs - 146.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: turkey meal

D: chicken alfredo

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

catwoman7
on 12/17/17 7:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Thanks for getting us started, Karen!!

I wasn't as controlled at that cookie party last night as I'd intended, but it wasn't a disaster. I had six cookies (as opposed to the one or two I'd planned on), but I felt so ghastly after eating all that sugar that I didn't dare touch another one. So different from my pre-surgery days! Even if I was full then, I would have kept eating. But no way I could have last night. I would have been sick. Anyway, I went over on my daily calorie target for sure, but nothing I can't make up over the next couple of days. Still - I need to watch these kinds of events - or just skip them.

I have GOT to do my Christmas cards today. I've been putting them off far too long. I probably send out fewer than ten these days, so it's not going to be that hard...I don't know why I've been putting it off.

QOTD: I'm a "Silent Night" fan as well. It's just a beautiful song - both music and lyrics. Some renditions give me goosebumps!

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with blueberry sauce

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: 1/2 C turkey chili with 2 T cheese, small piece of the crustless protein pumpkin pie that was on OH before Thanksgiving (made it again a couple of nights ago).

D: pork chop and vegetables

probably another yogurt later this evening - or another piece of the pie (it's 84 calories a slice, so really no more than F&L yogurt)

ex: Aqua Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 12/17/17 7:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning OH~ Thank you Karen for getting us started today. I am worn out! I've been so busy, on the go and stressed out the last few days. Today, I have absolutely nothing to take care of and no plans except to relax all day. Hopefully I won't even have to leave the house. I even skipped walking the dogs w/Rob this morning.

QOTD - My favorite Christmas song from when I was growing up was and still is "Do you hear what I hear". I crossed over to more upbeat pop/classic songs over the years - especially with my son but lately I am returning to the classic songs I remember my mom loving. Currently it's "Oh Holy Night" very sentimental for me.

Accountability - there were almonds - too many

1 year post op - 161.9 and holding

b-coffee w/hc and scrambled eggs

l-carnitas w/green salsa

d-pulled pork w/SF BBQ and homemade coleslaw

v/l - on track

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/17/17 8:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I love that story Karen. I can just picture it!

I'm at the bottom of my weight range because I haven't been very hungry since PS on Thursday morning. My theory is that the opioid pain killers slow down the digestive system enough that I'm not hungry in response? I only took them at night the last two days so I might forego them from now on (depends on how I feel tonight). I am making sure I get lots of protein to aid in healing.

QOTD: Either The First Noel or White Christmas maybe? White Christmas reminds me of watching the movie with my family when I was very young.

1 year, 9 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? Something from the freezer probably

S: English muffin with peanut butter

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Amy Liz
on 12/17/17 8:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Sending healing vibes your way! I hope the pain isn't to bad, I know you were worried.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/18/17 4:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks. The pain has actually been pretty minimal. I took one last pain pill before bed last night, but haven't taken them during the day since Thursday, so I'm done with them.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 12/18/17 4:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Glad that you aren't in much pain this time and that there is a silver lining to the surgery. Take great care!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

yvonnef1964
on 12/17/17 9:59 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Qotd Have yourself a merry little Christmas is my favorite, we sang it in choir. Church one would be All ye faithful, just love that song. We sang it today in church.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D bean soup

Have a good day

karenp8
on 12/17/17 10:25 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting this out. I thought about it before I left for church but ran out of time. Lily and I got up at 540 and got our 3 miles in. We'll do another mile sometime after supper. QOTD my favorite is "What Child is This". I played it on the organ this morning. Accountability was good yesterday as I kept my hands busy. Post op 5 years 3.75 months and weight at 118.6 today. Heres the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz pulled pork 1/2 c baby carrots D 31/2 oz cheesy brat 1/2 c green beans S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day everyne and make some smart choices!

peachpie
on 12/17/17 11:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi folks!! Happy Sunday. Had my run earlier- took my time though as I was paranoid about hitting an icy patch. My nose is runny now, I feel like I've had a cold that's running it's course backwards. Earlier this week I felt tired and my throat was raw but I felt fine otherwise. Today my nose is runny. Weird.

I wrapped up presents today. We don't have many this year. I only shop for my kids, and they don't need/want much. Hubby and I aren't exchanging really, our new carpet and dryer are our 'gifts'. Adulting at its best. If I think of something I'd like to see him in or have I'll get it- but I'm blank right now.

Accountabilty: to those struggling with cookies, I'm right there with ya! I don't bake, but will buy. Not putting much effort into NOT eating them for the time being- but I'm not keeping an excess around either.

Qotd: Carol of the Bells is my all time favorite Christmas song.

201.5 today, 2.7 Years out

m1/ protein bar

m2 egg,1; turkey bacon,3 slices; cinnamon raisin toast, 1

m3: pork rib,1; cheese stick, cashews

m4: chicken soup & maybe a 1/2 HAm sandwich

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 494 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?