Where can I find a url for maintenance menus

obxhatteraslight
on 12/23/17 2:06 pm - baldwinsville, NY

I do use the menu thread but wondering if there is a site that discusses longterm maintenance google not being helpful for me today TIA

The Salty Hag
on 12/24/17 4:40 am, edited 12/23/17 8:41 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I don?t know where you can find one, I?m sorry. I?ve never even thought to look. I know MFP has a forum on WLS-maybe look on there?

I eat the same way that I did in my losing phase, except I?ve added more calories via fat like whole fat dairy, avocado, and nuts. I keep my portions to 4 ounces of proteins. A lot of times, I don?t even have a side of veggies; just meat/cheese/nuts. I?ve tried upping my portions to 6 ounces of protein, but unless it?s yogurt, it?s just too much for me. An average calorie day for me is roughly 1,000-1,100. A high day for me is 1,400.

I still keep my carbs low, my main carb intake is from my calcium chews at 12 grams per day, the rest comes from dairy like yogurt ( plain home made Greek ) or cheese. I haven?t added fruit ( even fruit sugar makes me dump ) or any kind of grains. I did indulge in bread products a few times a year, but I?ve gotten away from that due to RH. When I want a sweet treat, I make myself low carb desserts since I can not have sugar. I don?t do that very often when because I?ll make it, I will eat all of it...quickly.

I realize that everyone is different, but this is what works for me. I had a regain in 2015-2016, but I?ve lost most of it this year, and am maintaining at 8 lbs above my lowest weight eating what and how I described above.

edited for clarity and pre-coffee typing :)

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Erin T.
on 12/24/17 4:55 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Same as Aubrey said, my diet now is no different than my diet while losing, I just eat more now. Pretty much I eat meat (pork, beef, poultry, fish), nuts, cheese, and yogurt. My protein portions are 3-4oz and I will add in 1oz of weighed veggies if I have room for more. Because I'm only a little less than a year out, I eat 4-5 meals and a couple of smaller snacks to get in my calories. I found having an RMR helpful to target my calorie intake and I also workout hard, so I wear a chest strap heart rate monitor so I know roughly how many additional calories to add for exercise. I now worry more about a weekly average of calories than my day-to-day intake, but I still track every single thing I eat.

I have made the conscious decision to leave out bread, potatoes, and all grains in meals that we prepare at home. That leaves me some leeway to have a bite of bread/potato when we eat out. That works for me because we mostly eat at home and only go out 1-2 times per month.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

White Dove
on 12/24/17 6:51 am - Warren, OH

It is not free but eDiets provides just what you are looking for. You get personalized menu plans, a grocery list that you can refer to on the mobile app while at the store, recipes, exercise and activity tracker and health trackers.

I was a member of eDiets from when they began in 1997. I followed their plan until I decided to have gastric bypass in 2007. I helped them work out the ways to make their plan useful. I attended the eDiets convention in 2002 in Florida.

At the time, we had a board similar to OH and I made friends there that I got to meet in person at the convention.

There are times when we just want more structure and help focusing on our goals. eDiets can be a great way to do just that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 12/24/17 7:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I also eat the same foods that I ate during the weight loss phase, but more of them. I played around with calorie levels and discovered I could maintain on 1700 calories a day (if I go over that too many times in a week, I'll start gaining). I do eat more carbs than a lot of people on here (although almost always the "good" kind - not sugar or white carbs), but it's still a moderately low-carb diet compared to normal people. I'm not particularly carb-sensitive, whereas a lot of people on here *are*, and of course that makes a big difference..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

obxhatteraslight
on 12/24/17 8:57 am - baldwinsville, NY

TY all guess I at only 2 years and a few months out have become BORED with foods probably because I have no inclination to cook and since it just DH and me since the kids are in college I have pretty much grown into this laziness. TIA VERY MUCH

The Salty Hag
on 12/24/17 10:32 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Oh, I totally understand. I'll get stuck in a rut making and eating the same things over and over-usually because it's easy and quick. I don't know how many times in the last month we've had tacos-almost all varieties. I'm over them! I'm a SAHM, we have two teen boys at home and an occasionally moochy 25 yr old ( whom I love dearly and welcome any time he wants), so I cook pretty much every night. It can be very challenging trying to keep things interesting.

I totally get wanting to change things up a bit. For me, that means trying to find new ways to cook chicken, pork and beef. I scour the internet for recipes when I'm stuck-add new things and then go back to the oldies when the new wears off...haha.

I hope you can find some good menus.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

supershopper
on 12/26/17 5:14 am

Good recipes in the book eating well after gastric bypass

https://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-After-Weight-Surgery-ebook/dp/B001D1Z7UI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514294070&sr=8-2&keywords=eating+well+after+weight+loss+surgery

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 304 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics