What's on your TUESDAY menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 1/2/18 10:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good to hear from you and that you are doing well. Keep us posted on how it goes with the trainer. I am interested in working with a trainer and would like to know what works well.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Theduffman27
on 1/2/18 10:46 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I will keep you posted, I think this will be very beneficial for me and anyone actually as I hope to build muscle. I have worked hard on my own, but do not have the knowledge of exercises and equipment, I will have some changes to my menu, eating more carbs that normal and I am OK with that and will trust the process.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Teena D.
on 1/2/18 4:18 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I love Chicago Fire!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

MsTwinkles
on 1/2/18 10:34 am
RNY on 01/16/17

Hello Fellow Menu Folks,

My first day back at work in nearly two weeks. Ugh! So many e-mails/voicemails to wade through today.

QOTD: I'd like to hang out with the cast from "Homicide Hunter", which is show which reacts some of the crimes solved by former CO Springs Detective, Joe Kenda. He's a really smart man with a wickedly dry sense of humor.

Menu:

B: Cottage cheese

L: Two strips of grilled turkey on a salad

S: Two pieces of string cheese

D: Leftover chicken enchilada filling with cheese

We're supposed to get between 3 - 5" of snow here in coastal VA on Wednesday night. My whole household is doing the "snow dance" so that we get some accumulation! There are very few snow plows in this area so EVERYTHING closes down with as little as an inch of snow. Yippeee, fingers are crossed!

Teena D.
on 1/2/18 4:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

You are welcome to some of our snow!

Au_Contraire
on 1/2/18 10:46 am, edited 1/2/18 2:50 am

Hello all, Happy January 2!

Today I am taking down my beautiful tree and dragging it out to the curb, poor thing. It always seems such an undeserved and ignominious ending for such a creature of beauty to be left, bedraggled and shedding needles, on the street. I've never undone a tree so early - I normally leave it up until the Feast of the Epiphany on the 6th, but I need to pack everything up for my move.

I could very happily live at Downton Abbey, which I have watched a ridiculous number of times. I love everything about that gorgeous home. Also, Upstairs, Downstairs, it's 1970s predecessor. And yes, the West Wing, so smart and so uplifting! I think I would get along with the characters in Madam Secretary, too, and I like her house. And I'd love to spend time with fictional Jaime of Outlander!

First: coffee with cashew milk, vanilla protein drink

B: trying an egg, one more time, with a little cheddar

L: turkey, mustard

D: roast beef, green beans

Tons of tea!

Have fun today, my fellow RnYers!

catwoman7
on 1/2/18 10:48 am, edited 1/2/18 2:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Crew!

it's so nice to see some of the old timers back with us again!! I've missed you guys!

I'm off again today - back at work tomorrow. This morning DH and I ran around checking out some apartment complexes for his mother. She wants to move here from New Jersey this summer, so we're vetting some places for her. We've seen some super nice places!! We're now at a coffee shop, but I'll need to go home soon and eat lunch. They have sandwiches here, but after the last few days, I don't need one...I need to stick to my plan.

Accountability wasn't horrible yesterday, but it wasn't great, either. Went over my calorie limit, and ate some of the stuff I'd vowed not to at my friend's New Year's Day brunch (namely, popcorn and caramel corn - the other stuff I ate was OK). I came home really craving stuff, though. Had some Fit & Light yogurt with a tablespoon of tahini it (usually fills me up for hours). Nope. So then I had some instant miso soup (lots of fluid plus the sodium in it usually bloats me, which gets me to stop eating). That did it...I'll try that first next time since it's a lot fewer calories!

QOTD: this was tough because I almost never watch TV, but I did watch Downton Abbey, so I'd have to say those folks. Either the upstairs or downstairs crew.... (I also watched...and loved...Breaking Bad, but I wouldn't want to hang out there!!)

2 years 6 months out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with 1 T tahini and 1 T pumpkin butter mixed in, plus 2 T high fiber cereal on top

S: coffee with half & half, peach melba protein/Miralax shake

L: I'm thinking baked beans and an egg cup (I know this sounds weird, but we need to get through the leftovers in our fridge...)

D: chili

maybe a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie later

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 1/2/18 11:06 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Is that the protein pumpkin pie that was posted here? I've wondered how it was and whether I would enjoy it.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 1/2/18 3:34 pm, edited 1/2/18 8:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - it is! I've made it 3 or 4 times now. It's fine - you're certainly not going to confuse it with real pumpkin pie, but it's the same basic idea. Plus it seems like you're eating something somewhat decadent for the same amount of calories as a Fit & Light yogurt. I put a couple tablespoons of sugar free Cool Whip on it, though - which adds about 20 more calories. But I think the Cool Whip kinda makes it...

sometimes it seems a bit dry - other times it's fine. I think the times when it's come out moister I've added more pumpkin to it (hard to tell because I use 28 oz cans rather than 14 - I put roughly half of it in my "pie", and save the rest for pumpkin protein shakes - so my measurements aren't exact. Plus once I put in too much pumpkin pie spice, so I had to add more pumpkin to cut the spice a bit). Sometimes I put more artificial sweetener in than other times, too- so it doesn't always come out exactly the same every time.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teena D.
on 1/2/18 4:26 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Another great pumpkin recipe is Pumpkin whip. You beat half a pint of whipping cream and then mix 1 package of sugar free vanilla or butterscotch pudding with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of pumpkin purée along with pumpkin pie spice to taste. Fold in the whipped cream and let it set. It's very yummy. My preference is the butterscotch. It makes 4 servings and each serving for me was 132 calories.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?