What's on your WEDNESDAY menu RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/3/18 2:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I jumped in early again today because my work schedule isn't going to allow me post again until tonight, and since I am on a roll with my accountability, I am determined to keep it up!

Accountability: Excuse me for tooting my own horn, but I was a rockstar, yesterday. Even though I was still really sluggish and not myself, I managed to make it through the day and I was so busy and distracted with the amount of work I had, that I barely ate anything. I ended the day at 550 calories, which I haven't done in ages :) I didn't hit my 10,000 step goal, but I made it to 7800, which I'm ok with since I was still feeling run down.

Can you even believe this weather???? 3 of my schools are having issues with the heat in their buildings and we are scrambling to get the buildings safe for kids today. And now we are going to get a massive snowstorm tomorrow! Yesterday they said 3"-6" but as of this morning, they are predicting 12"-15"! We might not even have school Friday, either depending on when it ends. I could get used to this schedule--1.5 weeks off, 2 days on, 4 days off... LOL.

QOTD: What are your snow day memories? Ok, first of all--kids don't know how lucky they are that they can just look online to see if school is canceled! Remember listening to the radio intently and having to sit through hundreds of schools before they got to yours? My neighborhood was filed with kids my age and we spent our snow days outside making forts and sledding. I have great memories of snow days :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 1/3/18 3:19 am
VSG on 01/17/17

My 5th & 6th grade chorus sang a snow day song for winter concert one year, that our music teacher had written. Our local radio station would play it anytime that our district had a snow day. We have a copy of the file and we play it for the kids first thing in the morning whenever they have a snow day.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 1/3/18 3:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Cute!

Have you seen the musical messages that principals have been leaving on auto-dials for families :) I love them!

Librarian67
on 1/3/18 4:13 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning JB and menu folks! It is cold this morning, but at least the wind isn't blowing right now so the wind chill isn't worse. I am dressed in lots of layers and hope that I can stay warm. I will take several walks around the halls here in the office building to keep my blood pumping. No outside walk today, that's for sure. I'd like to go swimming after work tonight for an hour to make up for walking, but we'll see how things go.

QOTD: When I was in school, I would spend snow days with my grandmother who lived a couple of houses away. We would bake and do crafts and have a great time. Then again, I mostly liked school, so if we were out too long I missed it.

Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, ham, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: chicken salad, salad

Snack: chicken salad

Dinner: chicken breast, broccoli salad, blueberries

Exercise: several short walks indoors, 1 hr swimming

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Rosemi
on 1/3/18 4:21 am

Morning JB and OHer's,..sounds like your cold might be a little better!? that would be great! and it sounds like you were successful braving your frigid weather...our temp is supposed to be in the 30-high 40's range this week...sounds good.

QOTD. I remember walking to school on snow days (one block away) We wore uniforms but when it snowed we were allowed to wear snow suits under and over the uniforms...not everyone could make it in but if you got there they kept you until it was time to leave...on the odd time school actually closed for the day we spent our time making snowmen and sledding down the streets. Lots of outside playing and inside drying out and warming up!!! Everything seemed an adventure and we had lots of relatives and neighbors that all played together...in that time most moms did not work outside the home (mine worked)...ok now I feel old!(not)...nostalgia...fun times!

B 1 hb egg and cottage cheese

L 1 c. hm turkey soup...(I drink the broth first)

D cauliflower crust pizza 4oz

S Volpi prosciutto and cheese

Today I'm shredding old records and reports from six years ago and going through my 2017 tax box to get rid of unnecessary papers and receipts....eventually I hope to be able to eliminate one more file cabinet from my home. Yaaaaay! Have a great day!

Kakesie
on 1/3/18 4:41 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Julia and Menu Family,

QOTD: I remember one time when they let school out during a blizzard. I tried walking home and only made it as far as a friend's house not far from the school. My mom came and picked me up in the car and I remember her trying to drive home in white-out conditions. She drove with one edge of the car on the curb just to tell where the street was! We finally made it home. We befriended a married couple who got stranded in the snow and they spent the day with us. I remember us having a fire in the fireplace and being so glad to be inside away from the blizzard. I remember another blizzard when Saralisa was a little girl that was at the end of October and they actually postponed Halloween because of the snow!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 61, Calories - 1,010, Carbs - 116.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: soup at a friend's house

D: homemade chili

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking at Walmart

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

~ Karen

Queen JB
on 1/3/18 4:37 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, that was quite a drive home!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/18 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We are having a heat wave (LOL - supposed to be 30 today). I am so worried about whether we will be able to get to Florida on Friday! Our flight is at 11:15 am, so hopefully the roads into Boston and the runways there will be clear by then.

QOTD: I also remember the waiting and phone calls to figure out if school was cancelled. I don't think they cancelled it as much in those days as we were supposed to be intrepid and liability wasn't a word in most volcabularies. I remember one storm when they should have cancelled and had to close mid-day. My best friend and I had to walk home in blizzard conditions because our parents cars couldn't navigate the snow (no 4 wheel drive back then). We had to duck into storefronts whenever available to thaw a little. The store workers were very kind! I also have great memories of some significant snows when our neighborhood would build forts and have some stupendous snow fights. Then there was the year we would go out my brothers second story window and jump into the bushes after a huge snowfall. My mother couldn't figure out why the bushes had a big hole in them in the spring (LOL!).

1 year, 9 months post-op

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: Halo Top ice cream

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 1/3/18 4:39 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm so torn between wanting you to make your flight and me wanting another snow day ;) J/K hope you make it!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/4/18 4:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Let's hope that the Cape doesn't get too much snow, the highways and airport are clear in the morning, but schools are still closed (not an unlikely scenario)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?