What's on your WEDNESDAY menu RNYers?

mamata2
on 1/3/18 5:34 am

Good morning all. Yesterday was really good for me. I stayed completely on plan and got my workouts in too. I'm down a couple of pounds today but I'm not thinking that's permanent. It's supposed to be cold and snowy here too but nothing like the northeast.

QOTD: We listened to the radio and luckily my school started with a B so we were at the beginning of the list. Snow consisted of sledding at the local hill and coming home to grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Time since surgery: 3 1/2 years

B: Coconut milk latte and egg bites

S: Coffee with premier protein and beef jerky

L: Chicken lettuce wraps

S: String cheese and a skinny latte

D: Chicken breast and quinoa

E: 4.5 miles on the treadmill (I HATE THE TREADMILL but I don't run outside with its below 20 degrees)

W/V: Started but I need to get in more water today.

Have a great day all!

maraboricua72
on 1/3/18 8:50 am

Hi! I am 10 years post rny and have a question. :) How exactly do you do the coffewith premier protein? Is the premier protein what you use instead of creamer? How much? I drink a lot of coffee and use sugar free creamer but if it could include protein, I think that would be best. I can have a healthy Mocha! :)

Female, 5ft 1in. Highest weight: 215. RNY - 11.22.2007 at 211 lbs. Lowest weight: 111. Weight as of October 28, 2019: 149. Current weight: 145. Goal weight is 118 lbs.

Daisydoo02
on 1/3/18 10:34 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I use the Vanilla Premier Protein. I love flavoured coffee so I drink about 12 + decaf Vanilla Hazelnut coffee's a day with the vanilla PP. I use the PP in replace of cream. I don't measure it but I would say its probably 2-3 tbsp worth or a bit more. I do add into my daily calorie count that I drink two vanilla PP's a day as I use that much for my coffees. And I like my coffee's really creamy. I also drink a lot of chai tea and use the vanilla PP in that as well. Its so yummy. I know some people use the caramel PP flavour in their coffee but I live in Canada and we only have chocolate and vanilla here.

Try it you will love it!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

maraboricua72
on 1/3/18 10:46 am

Thanks for the tip. I also LOVE flavored coffee, especially mocha. Soooo....I think I'll stop and get me some Chocolate Premier Protein. This is such an excellent option! I love it! :)

Any other tips? Snacks you may like that I can try? I snack on cheese sticks or beef bites. I also just discovered Mr. Cheese O's Real Cheese Snacks: http://www.sonomacreamery.com/mr-cheese-os .

Female, 5ft 1in. Highest weight: 215. RNY - 11.22.2007 at 211 lbs. Lowest weight: 111. Weight as of October 28, 2019: 149. Current weight: 145. Goal weight is 118 lbs.

seattledeb
on 1/3/18 2:12 pm

A piece of cheese on a piece of parchment paper microwaved for 60 seconds. Cheese crisp. Careful with oil flowing everywhere.

maraboricua72
on 1/4/18 6:13 am

Oh my!!! This sounds easy enough. I think I'll try this tonight. Thank you!!!! :)

Daisydoo02
on 1/3/18 5:26 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Let me know if you like the mocha coffee with chocolate PP, hope so!

As for snacks... so many ideas!

Yes I love those Mr Cheese O's as well. They are yummy. Costco also sells their version called "cheese whisps," they are good too, a huge bag for a great price. I also buy from Costco their Harvarti cheese squares, they are individually packed so I take two for a snack before the gym or in the evening, any kind of cheese is good, I love cheese!

JB had on her menu today the "Chomps" brand of meat sticks, they are yummy.

I love eggs, so deviled eggs, egg salad on top of a cheese whisp. I have been known to eat a couple slices of bacon with SF ketchup. Bacon is great, its good protein and good fat for hair & skin.

Yogurt and cottage cheese are also fav's of mine. You can mix anything into yogurt (within reason) to make it more interesting. Some berries and some shredded coconut. Cottage cheese you can make sweet or savory.

I also love shrimp ****tail, I eat that a lot for a snack. I also love the flavoured tuna pouches or mini cans of tuna.

I see you are just over 10 years out and looking to lose some regain. I highly recommend checking out the website "World According to Eggface" she has so many awesome recipes and snack ideas. Also do stick around and join us on the "what are you eating today RNYers?" Lots of great people, great menus, great ideas to see what others are eating day to day and its great to make some friends with people who "get it."

Welcome and Good Luck!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

maraboricua72
on 1/4/18 6:19 am

Thanks so much for these ideas. :)

I am a HUGE shrimp fan and eat it a lot for lunch or dinner. At one point, I thought my skin was starting to look flamingo pink. :)

As for snacks, I eat a lot of cheese. Cheese sticks, mostly. I stick to what I know and after 10 years, I started to get bored with the same stuff, so new ideas are awesome! The cheese crisps are amazing since I like something with a crunch.

I wish I liked eggs. That would make everything so much easier for me. There aren't many breakfast items that I do like, so I still have a protein shake for breakfast.

Thanks for the info on the Eggface website. I'll swing by and check it out.

I definitely love being surrounded by fellow gbs friends. This place is heaven sent. I used to hang out here a lot for the first couple of years after surgery.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for your help and welcome. :)

Queen JB
on 1/3/18 4:45 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I made Grim make me tomato soup and grilled cheese when I was home sick last week. Comfort food!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 1/3/18 5:28 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

BEST comfort food when you are sick, grilled cheese and tomato soup, LOVE LOVE LOVE

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics