What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Mandi87
on 1/11/18 3:40 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Sorry to hear about Nikolai! Hope everything turns out ok. Keep us posted

ks76
on 1/11/18 9:53 am, edited 1/11/18 2:22 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Hi everyone!

QOTD: Pizza...been craving it for a good bit. I did mix up some chicken and zucchini sauteed together with a bit of pizza sauce. Helped that craving some.

6 weeks post op RNY

B: forgot my premier shake at home, so had a greek yogurt that I had in the fridge at work

L: forgot my entire lunch bag..lets be honest..lol! A friend brought me a chicken, cheese and green pepper quesadilla and I ate the guts out of 1/4 of it.

S: Probably a piece of babybell light

D: Not sure.

I got on the scale yesterday morning to record my 6 week mark and it read 30 pounds LESS than the day before. lol! I asked my husband if it did that for him too and he said no..so I had to go dig out a new battery for it!

Hope everyone is doing well!

mschwab
on 1/11/18 10:16 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning Daisy and everyone! Sorry you are coming down with that cold. Colds are the worst! Feel better soon.

I have certainly been missing in action. Life has been crazy, and I have not been able to get on the site to post. I've tried to read in the evening, but even that is tough. I am hoping things will settle down soon.

i am living in a construction zone. I've been enlarging my closets (heaven) and just started demo on my only bathroom. It is a complete gut, and timing the reno is going to be a challenge. Can't be without a working toilet and shower. I am going to Maui at the end of the month for a couple of weeks, so they are trying to time that part of the remodel while I am gone. We shall see... Today I am purchasing the fixtures for the bathroom. I am putting in a freestanding tub and separate shower. So excited. My current bathroom is starting to fall apart, so the remodel is really a must do.

All of this crazy is taking its toll on my eating, which is kicking my ass on the scale. My goal is to stick zealously to my plan until I leave for Maui (1/25).

Accountability: What? The party is over, fat girl.

QOTD: the last craving I had was pizza. It is always pizza. I did have one piece and then sent the rest home with my guests. I consider that a (minor) win.

3 years post op:

B: Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S: 2 oz NY strip steak

L: Lunch out with a friend. I will make good choices!

D: Beef barley soup. I made a pot of it the other day.

Have a great day everyone.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Emiepie
on 1/11/18 10:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

so good to see you posting. Miss ya.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

seattledeb
on 1/11/18 10:05 pm

I think that Maui is the perfect place to ride out a bathroom remodel.

My twin is in Kauai this month. She sends sunny pics but no ticket.

Just4me7
on 1/11/18 10:27 am

Hi from warmer SC!

QOTD: pancakes. Every time I see some I want some. And b4 4 months ago I would have eaten some! But not now. Still got a couple more months of pre-op to finish, then surgery, then a year or so to get to maintenance level,so........probably not having any pancakes any time soon, lol.

Had an unplanned snack after church last night, 2 oz of turkey breast and a Ghirardelli peppermint bark square. So added a bit more calories but still under 1500.

Today looks like this: calories 1215, protein 64, carbs 69.

See ya!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

seattledeb
on 1/11/18 10:07 pm

There are good protein pancake recipes out there.

Au_Contraire
on 1/11/18 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I haven't had any cravings for food at all, post-op. Very occasionally at night I'll be slightly hungry, but it's always when my calories have been considerably under 500, so in those cases I will usually have a little extra protein. But at 7 months out as of tomorrow, I remain, thankfully, deeply disinterested in food of all kinds.

I have been making an effort to incorporate some vegetables into my virtually all protein diet, but I am having a hard time with them. Everything (except for refried beans, which slide right down) sticks and hurts for at least 2-3 hours. Yet I want to eat the veggies because of the nutrition and fiber they provide. I seem to have a more finicky post-op stomach than many of you here, and I hope that in time I will be able to eat more green, orange, red, and yellow vegetables without pain.

First: Tea with cashew Milk and SF syrup. Vanilla protein drink

B: Turkey with a little super soft and tender broccoli (ouch. Ouch!)

L: Cinnamon Buns protein drink

D: Roast beef, cheddar

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

catwoman7
on 1/11/18 5:32 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I occasionally have that issue with raw vegetables - but I've been known to use that to my advantage. They sometimes irritate my stomach, and that keeps me from eating for a few hours!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

bethmal
on 1/11/18 4:04 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Evening everyone,

Accountability: Sticking with soft foods - 16 days out

QOTD: I craved so many things before surgery when I was on that horrible pre-op diet. Now I don't feel like eating and have to remind myself to eat.

B: chocolate protein shake

L: 3 meatballs pureed with a little gravy

D: 1/4 cup of mash potatoes with a couple of teaspoons of cottage cheese

E: Walked the dog and so far I have 8,500 steps - the most since surgery.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 408 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?