What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 1/13/18 3:37 am

Good morning weekenders!

its my favourite time of the week! Fireplace, coffee, and catching up on all things OH! What's everyone up to?

Yesterday, it went from plus 12C to the current balmy temp of -15 (with a wind chill of -25). Needles to say, I'm going no where fast this morning. My plan is to putter around the house and do some cooking!

My sisters and I are doing a bit of a soup exchange this weekend, each of us is making a big pot of soup/stew/chilli for us all to freeze and share to have for quick meals or lunches. The hope is to do it once A month. I hope it catches on and we stick with it!

qotd: my little soup club of three got me thinking. Are you part of a club? Or association? I'm not, but it's something I've been thinking about. A community association, a book club, a close sports team? Do you feel part of a community outside your immediate friends and family?

accountability: I feel confident saying I've kicked any of the lingering carb cravings from the holidays. The week was on plan, and even though the scale isn't cooperating, I know I'm on the right track.

Menu:

B: coffee and premier

L: will be a bit of a lazy late brunch, bacon and eggs somehow.

D: tbd on what I get up to in the kitchen.

hope everyone has a great day!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/13/18 4:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I can't wait until the sun comes up earlier. I hate how dark it still is in the morning (7:19 here and just starting to get light).

QOTD: I guess I am becoming part of the community here in the park, especially with the neighborhood walking group. They already have me involved in a bunch of social events. Prior to that it had been a long time since I was involved in a community effort but when I was younger and not working as many hours I was in a community service club for many years and I also participated in and ran fundraisers for my children's schools.

1 year, 9 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: taco meat on lettuce

S: nut thins and hummus, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 1/13/18 4:35 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! I too am sitting at the computer and sipping coffee. The cats got me up fairly early, but I am determined to make it a relaxing day after the stress of this week.

I plan to go swimming in a few hours and stay for Aqua Zumba. I have learned to really like my Saturday classes and I am feeling less nervous about not keeping up. It certainly is upbeat and fast paced and a good workout.

Other than swimming, I don't have real plans for the day other than cleaning some carpet spots...thanks to a sick cat.

The only groups that I belong to right now are my swimming classes and a yoga group at work that I attend sometimes. I have been a part of lots of things over the years, but less so recently. I think it is helpful to be a part of local organizations though so that may be another goal for 2018.

Menu: I am rather up in the air for today since 2 hours at the pool in the middle of the day throws off my eating. I will be sure to get in lots of protein and fluids though.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 1/13/18 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love Aqua Zumba! I wish the class met more than once a week (Sunday evenings). There's another Aqua Zumba class at my gym, but they meet at 10:00 on Wednesday mornings. Like who can make that other than retirees? Guess I'll be joining that one next year, but for now, no, unfortunately. There are some regular water aerobics classes, but I don't like them as well - they're not as intense.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 1/13/18 11:20 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I do Deep water aerobics on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it is pretty intense too. There are also Aqua Zumba classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings, but they are much more crowded and I don't particularly like that so I only go on Saturdays. I also swim several days a week in addition to classes, so I mix it up to keep things fresh.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 1/13/18 1:46 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I swam laps a lot early on in this process - until I got hooked on Aqua Zumba. I think I was kind of tired of swimming laps, although it could just be I was doing it way too often and got burnt out. Maybe I should start doing it one or two evenings a week - and then continuing with the Aqua Zumba class as well. That would give me a lot more cardio..... (I have limited cardio options because of my crappy hip joint, but anything water-based definitely works!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

seattledeb
on 1/13/18 8:33 pm

My favorite is lap swimming with a swim snorkel. Just back and forth in your little lane. Always the hot tub after. Just the perfect exercise.

NYMom222
on 1/13/18 4:48 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Drinking my usual latte so I can eat and haul my butt off to the gym. My session with the trainer was such a train wreck Thursday night due to asthma I need to redeem myself. If I was just going on my own I wouldn't worry about getting up as early, but if I'm paying for it, I need to be wide awake.

Soup exchange sounds perfect. I made an Indian inspired chicken 'stoup' on Thursday. Looks ugly tastes really good and filling. Since I never finish the veggies as I am the only one eating them, it's a great way to use them. The broccoli slaw I threw in pretty much disappeared and I used red lentils and a few chunks of sweet potato.

QOTD: I used to belong to local chapters of the Decorative Painters of America. It was fun but too time consuming in the end. I do go to lots of WLS support groups. I am lucky, besides the one at the hospital there are several in the community run by patients

B1: usual latte, fruit, Bulgar Wheat andPB (pre-workout)

B2: sweet potato hash with poached egg (post workout)

L: Indian chicken stoup

D: meatloaf or burger and spaghetti squash

S: protein drink, Greek yogurt

ex: gym

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 1/13/18 5:38 am - Brighton, IL

Your menu sounds delicious today!

Kakesie
on 1/13/18 4:51 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and Menu Family!

QOTD: Saralisa started a Book Club over a year ago. It's had several different members who have come and gone, but right now it's myself, Saralisa, her friend, Kenzie and Kenzie's mom, which is nice because I have someone around my age in the group. We read about one book a month. It varies depending on how long the book is. We meet at Panera restaurant and eat dinner and then discuss the book. It's a fun group.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 69, Calories - 1,245, Carbs - 154.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: not sure because I'm babysitting so we'll see what she has for me to fix for lunch.

D: broccoli & chicken alfredo

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking at Walmart?

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views