Changing Gods Handiwork.

dondomit
on 2/6/18 5:40 am

I had a couple of different conversations with my father in law over the last 3 years regarding this very subject. he is a very religious man.

first was when me and my wife went through IVF for our twin girls (best decision ever) I was not sure how he would feel about interfering with "gods will"

the second was when I sat down with him and let him know that I was moving forward with this surgery.

his statement was basically the same for both.

god gives us challenges, he also has given us tools to overcome these challenges. the end result no matter how you get there is gods will and he has given these doctors the tools to help people reach their goals in life. so its kind of like god is willing you to intervene for yourself. it will be a challenge, there will be times when it wont be fun, but the end outweighs the means. he wouldn't have given the doctors the skills to do this if he didn't want it to happen.

I am not pushing you or anyone to have this surgery, but if it is available as a last option, use it.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' 

Karen63
on 2/6/18 5:43 am
FindingCharlie
on 2/6/18 6:20 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Well stated and I concur.

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

FindingCharlie
on 2/6/18 6:31 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Karen,

As a born again Christian, my best advice is to pray on this matter and truly open your heart to God's answer. I truly believe my decision to have this life altering surgery was God's will and allowed me the free will to care for the body he gave me. Every day now I praise God and thank God for this tool to help me with my struggle. Just remembering he is a loving God and only wants the very best for us and to help us in our struggles in this world. Just open your heart and truly listen to him. God blesses you.

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/18 7:06 am

My feeling as someone raised in a strict Irish Catholic family, God is a good and kind, non judging God. These thoughts you mention never entered my head when I prepared for surgery. It is a medical procedure like any other. You should have no second thoughts or guilt in regards to this topic, I believe God only wants what is best for each of us. I think you are way over thinking this and adding unnecessary stress for your decision. Religion is definitely a personal thing though and if that is your belief then maybe do not do it. Like Christian Scientists who do not believe in blood transfusions.

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/18 9:38 am

I believe that god made the doctor to do my surgery.

What I have done with it has been my own will.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views