Long term daily food

andykat44
on 2/6/18 11:26 am

I am curious what everyone's long time daily diet looks like. I am almost 6 years out I have lost 100 pounds and I work out six days a week yet have been stuck at the same weight for four years.

I would like to kickstart back to the original diet after surgery to see if that works but I was wondering what others who are a ways out eat daily.

MarinaGirl
on 2/6/18 11:42 am, edited 2/6/18 3:42 am

What has your food consumption been like the last 4 years versus the first 2 years, any difference? If you are not losing weight than you must be eating enough to maintain your current weight. Do you track your food and know how many calories you are eating each day? A little more info will help with recommendations. As well, there are daily posts on what people are eating in the RNY, VSG, and DS forums.

andykat44
on 2/6/18 12:27 pm

I do keep a daily diary on my app. I start with a protein drink for breakfast. Snack on carrots or hard boiled egg before my workout, protein for lunch and dinner. I try to stay away from any rice or noodles so I don't eat too many carbs.

I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day but my workouts are circuit weights that burn about 600 each workout.

Maybe I need to cut the calories, however when I do I don't have energy for the harder workouts.

stacyrg
on 2/6/18 3:03 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

According to an exercise list compiled by Harvard Medical School, a general 30-minute strength training session burns an average of 90 calories (180 calories per hour) for a 125-pound person, 112 calories (224 calories per hour) for a 155-pound person and 133 calories (266 calories per hour) for a 185-pound person.

Unless your circuit involves a serious cardio component (keeping in mind that when you run, you burn on average 100 cals a mile), you may be seriously overestimating your calorie burn. Also, if you're eating back those calories, you may not be in as big a deficit as you think.

babsinga
on 2/6/18 1:46 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

Hi,

Hard to tell what you need to do if you are already working at a deficit of calories every day. Based on your numbers and the amount of workouts you are eating 400-600 calories a day. That just doesnt seem possible that you can't lose with so few calories.

Are you eating carbs in there?

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

andykat44
on 2/6/18 3:03 pm

This is where my frustration lies. I agree and I am strict on my food and workouts. I try to stay clear of carbs. Never rice or noodles or bread. Once in a great while (like once month) I will do noodles. This is why I am so frustrated. It has been hard work since day 1 (which I get it's not easy for everyone ) but then I know people who had the surgery, literally never work out, don't eat right and they have lost everything.

obxhatteraslight
on 2/6/18 4:29 pm - baldwinsville, NY

look through the daily menu thread for ideas it is very helpful and might help you out. good luck

andykat44
on 2/6/18 5:10 pm

Thanks. I am searching on here. And to a prev response, love all the tips. Will take them all, however I do the high intensity cardio/circuit training so I am up there with calories burned. That's why it's so confusing.

MarinaGirl
on 2/6/18 7:37 pm

Again, calories burned because of exercise are probably not as high as you think. It's best to not even factor them into any calculations. Focus on limiting calories regardless of whether you exercise or not. Just think of exercise as something you do for your muscles and heart, not for your waistline or clothing size.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics