Water retention

LindaM1962
on 2/9/18 6:32 pm

Hi all, I'm 8 weeks post op and ever since I had my surgery my surgeon took me off my lasiks. I've noticed that no matter what I do, my feet and ankles are always swollen. The last time I saw the Dr, he told me to only take the lasiks occasionally because the swelling souls go away on its own. I walk about 2-3 miles a day. Any advice on how to preven****er retention???

Patty R.
on 2/10/18 6:22 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Check labels, there is a lot of hidden "sodium" out there. Make sure you are getting in at least 64 oz water. If you can't do plain water add a squeeze of lemon or lime, sugar free flavoring powder or drops. Dehydration is very easy at this point, adding the lasix to try to get rid of edema is a slippery slope. Elevate your legs when you can, gravity will make your ankles swell, especially if you are on your feet for long periods of time.

Good luck!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/12/18 5:06 am

Swollen legs - I deal with that on and off. Laying on a floor against the wall weith my legs against the wall for 15 min every night helped me with the swelling.

https://www.doyouyoga.com/6-benefits-of-legs-up-the-wall-pos e-48440

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 238 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics