Five Years Already!

alaskasusan
on 2/11/18 11:16 am, edited 2/11/18 11:18 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Just a quick check-in as I've been away for a while and just realized that five years ago today I was in recovery from my RNY...one of the absolute best things I've ever done for myself. I'm still so happy about having the weight off, the increase of confidence when I'm out, the ability to do so many more physical things now, even as I grow older.

In the interim, I have been on a strength-training program, which means I'm gaining muscle mass so my goal-weight remains elusive but I think is still attainable. After the upcoming AMAW challenge, I'll re-examine my macros and see what I can to in order to dial it in and get to goal this year.

Last month my oldest son and his family moved about as far from Alaska as one can get but remain in the US - all the way down to Tampa. But he asked me to drive his car down for them, which I did and had a totally awesome trip - though it would have been nice to have company on the 4,000+ mile trip. I only ate in restaurants a couple of times for a small breakfast and to fill my thermos with coffee. The rest of the time it was just getting a few items at the grocery store. I did make a point to stop several times a day to stretch and walk a while. I slipped up and missed making an entry on MFP, so ended my 1800-day streak! :( ...but I'm right back on it because it really helps me stay within my limits.

Five years on, I still appreciate the posters on here for your honesty and straight-talk. Here's to the next five years of better health and a better life for it!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/18 4:49 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Congratulations on your 5 year surgiversary!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

selhard
on 2/12/18 7:07 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

You drove from Alaska to Tampa, FL alone?! That's sounds more of a challenge than going through WLS. You are a strong person who deserves to get to goal. Best Wishes.

alaskasusan
on 2/12/18 7:34 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Thank you! I'm one of those girls who has to do almost everything alone so no biggie. I love driving, hope to do this again soon. I like seeing how I can stay on track ... and the drive is totally amazing :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404