Orientation at Humber River

ElizabethLouli
on 2/11/18 8:54 pm
RNY on 02/20/19

Im so excited about starting this journey. My Orientation is on Friday Feb 16/18, and I want to do everything right. My Family Doctor filled out her questionnaire and I got it in the mail in plenty of time. I've picked up the workbook, $20. Worth it though because my printer is sketchy and I was also able to figure out the parking, and see where I'd be going on Friday. Two birds and all that. And I've completed my questionnaire.

Here's my question. I had my baseline bone density done on Thursday, and I can have them fax my results to the WL clinic directly when I get a name of a person to fax it to. Also, my psychiatrist will prepare a letter of support at our next appointment, which is the week after orientation. Those are two things they say to bring. Am I worrying about those two things unnecessarily? Although I'm fifty seven, im totally a teachers pet kind of person. Like to have my ducks in a row.

I welcome your experiences!

pammieanne
on 2/12/18 6:18 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Each center is so totally different on their expectations and requirements, so unless someone here has been to your center, we probably can't answer how strict they are about their requirements.

However, it sounds like you are on the ball, and I imagine it'll all be wonderful!

Congratulations on starting out on your adventure! It's filled with highs and lows, but in the end, it's all worth every second of those lows!

Welcome!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

selhard
on 2/12/18 8:00 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...not sure what your "worrying unnecessarily" about bone density and letter of support means? If a psychiatrist is supporting your decision to seek medical help then it should be a positive sign WLS will be approved. I have never heard of anyone being denied WLS because of a bone density report. The day I had RNY, three of us patients were over age 50; the oldest in his late 60's. Many surgeries under our belts made us pretty easy patients--we laid there like old dogs needing minimal help from the nurses. My pain stayed under a level five. I never get over how grateful I am WLS improved my quality and length of life. GO!

Meggles07
on 2/12/18 10:43 am - Canada

Hi Elizabeth,

There is actually an Ontario forum where you might find more people who have gone through Humber - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/

As mentioned each clinic is vastly different, especially outside of Ontario. I went through Guelph and my process was different from what you mentioned -- the social worker from the clinic sent a letter to my psychologist with specific questions related to surgery, as opposed to a general letter ahead of time :)

Lucile777
on 2/12/18 6:09 pm

Don't worry. You can always send it on after. It will be a waiting game to meet the surgeon. You will have plenty of time to get everything in order. Humber river was awesome. You will be in good hands. The receptionist is kinda rude but just ignore her. Long black hair with a nose ring. I had Dr. Huynh. You can search my previous posts for some of my experiences. The orientation is just an information session. Good luck, by the way at the orientation they will give you a form to sign if you were still interested in getting the surgery and that will be your opportunity to hand it in.

ElizabethLouli
on 2/12/18 6:21 pm
RNY on 02/20/19

Thanks so much for your input everyone. I really appreciate it.

Im so ready for this. Once I make up my mind about something, it's full speed ahead. I wasn't expecting to hear from them so quickly, and the fact that I don't have to drive downtown is such a bonus.

Onward and upward,

Elizabeth

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/14/18 1:33 am - Windsor, Canada

There's an Ontario forum here.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 417 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 132 views