Help! Advice needed!!

christy0111
on 2/15/18 4:45 am - Grantville, GA

So a little background. I had my RNY back in 2009. At my top weight I was 306lbs and I lost down to 174. I remained around that weight for several years until a couple of years ago. I had 3 deaths in my family back to back which caused some depression. Again old habits dies hard so I started turning to non healthy foods for comfort. With that being said over the past 2 years I have gained back about 60 lbs and I need a fresh start to get back on the right track. I'm wondering if the past couple of years caused my pouch/stoma to stretch or if things might go back to normal with changes to the diet. Any and all advice welcome and appreciated!!

The only thing worse worse than failure is not trying!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/18 5:12 am

I had gained 40 back in 2 years and it did not do any damage. After you get yourself back on track a few days you should be able to feel the restriction again. If you have not gone back to your WLS Center since you gained, go as awful as it feels it gives you the shot in the arm to lose it.

Look on yesterday's posts for RNY or the general WLS there is a person who posted a regain I believe of 60 or 80 lbs and many replied and might help you.

good luck!

christy0111
on 2/15/18 5:17 am - Grantville, GA

Thank you! I cant go back to my surgeon because he has retired and his practice was bought out by someone else. I will go back and look at the other post and make some notes from those responses and try to get everything back on track and if I feel it isnt working as it should I assume I can find a local surgeon and explain my situation to them and see what they suggest.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/18 5:31 am

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6030782/9-yrs-out-and -gained-back-80-lbs-since-2015/#50388586

Here is the other thread you might find helpful... it was 12 pages down! So you might not have found... lot of good replys

christy0111
on 2/15/18 5:32 am - Grantville, GA

Thank you so much!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/18 5:44 am

I had same thing happen right as I really needed to go back to my WLS surgeon on brink of gaining she and her physician assistant moved from CT to Dallas. The doctor that was left at this hospital has had not the best reputation and some law suits so was Leary to use him. So I went 2 years without and last month found a new WLS 45 min away at a different hospital ... this hospital also offered a support group that my other hospital did not. Unfortunately, think I may keep looking as was not overly impressed with him.. didn't listen to my Heart , take my BP! Knew it had been 2 years! Did not feel my stomach or undress or anything, did not have my chart had to ask me my weight!..kinda a joke. For$400 bill that I had to pay $200 after insurance! My primary doctor also moved away couple years ago and going to a new one Friday! Fingers crossed!

Good luck finding a new one ... :)

christy0111
on 2/15/18 5:55 am - Grantville, GA

Wow that's a lot. When my WLS was bought out they completely lost my chart. It was as if I had never been a patient there. I still owed the office a little over $900 and I called to make a payment and they told me there was no record of me every being a patient. So not sure what happened there but my surgeons wife passed of breast cancer and his health started getting worse after that so he retired and moved closer to his children. Good luck on your journey as well and I hope you find an awesome DR and everything goes great!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/18 6:07 am

Wow amazing!!! Thanks' I lost both primary and WLS both around same time! Been dealing with urgent cares the couple times I had a bad cold I knew needed an antibiotic! luckily nothing more then a cold last couple years!

Good luck to you and think about it 60 is nothing compared to where you were... you can do this!! Drink a lot of water ... like 64 ounces and go back to high protein, low carbs and no sugar.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/18 5:47 am

I would do that... need to go and do the blood work anyway... that was only good part of doctor I went to , got bloods drawn and all is good... will bring results to new primary tomorrow! I have always gone every year this was my first time waiting 2.

ks76
on 2/15/18 8:27 am
RNY on 11/29/17

I'm still new here, only 11 weeks post op here but I live in Carrollton and my surgeon is in Rome. If you'd like their number let me know. I know its a bit of a drive from where you are, but totally worth it IMO.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views