Introduction - Pre-Surgery

Haley_Martinez
on 2/18/18 12:06 pm
RNY on 05/03/18

Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself; my name is Haley, I am 24 years old, 260 pounds, and I'm out of Ohio! I've just passed my psychological evaluation and am scheduled for my nutritionist visit/testing and blood work on Feb. 27th. I'd love to use this site to help keep me accountable. I've been put on a 1,500 calorie per day diet with 50% carbs 30% fat and 20% protein and I have...failed miserably. I was good for a couple of days then overate one night and all bets were off. It's been 2 days sense I went off track but I'd like to get back on the diet.

Anyways, I think I will use the daily menu posts for that, I just wanted to introduce myself to begin the process of becoming an established member.

Thanks all

-Haley

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

Writergurl08
on 2/18/18 3:19 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Welcome! I'm only a few days post-op, but I have been posting on the menu thread all through my pre-op evaluation. It really does help with accountability and feeling like you're part of a really supportive community! If you ask for advice they'll give both encouragement and a little tough love if needed ;)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

ScottAndrews
on 2/19/18 5:35 am
RNY on 03/20/17

50% carbs seems really high for a morbidly obese person. You likely won't see anything remotely close to that on the menu threads and those are usually coming from folks that have already lost most of their excess weight/are in maintenance. For weight loss your carb intake should be absolutely minimal. Zero sugars and no simple carbs at all. Good luck and welcome!

jleeclements
on 2/19/18 6:30 am, edited 2/18/18 10:30 pm
WLS on 02/24/18

You can do this! I go for surgery this week and I'll tell you those first few months were so Hard. I spent 35 years building up those habits and had to accept that it would take more than a few days to break them. But I did it! And you can to. Enjoy the boards and use them!

hollykim
on 2/19/18 6:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 18, 2018 at 8:06 PM Pacific Time, Haley_Martinez wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself; my name is Haley, I am 24 years old, 260 pounds, and I'm out of Ohio! I've just passed my psychological evaluation and am scheduled for my nutritionist visit/testing and blood work on Feb. 27th. I'd love to use this site to help keep me accountable. I've been put on a 1,500 calorie per day diet with 50% carbs 30% fat and 20% protein and I have...failed miserably. I was good for a couple of days then overate one night and all bets were off. It's been 2 days sense I went off track but I'd like to get back on the diet.

Anyways, I think I will use the daily menu posts for that, I just wanted to introduce myself to begin the process of becoming an established member.

Thanks all

-Haley

your diet is all wrong. Even now, at 8 years out, I would gain on this.

20% protein? Totally wrong you need to eat 90% protein , low carb vegetables, and no more than 20 gas of carbs.

Is this your pre op diet?

Haley_Martinez
on 2/19/18 9:03 am
RNY on 05/03/18

Wow I am glad I posted that information, I'm already getting great advice!

I was given this diet at the end of my psychological evaluation by the psychologist. He told me that they generally like patients to lose 5-10% of their body weight before the surgery because it makes everything a little easier. He then scheduled me for my nutritionist visit for next week and told me to keep a food journal so that we would be able to discuss my eating habits and make necessary adjustments.

Maybe this is like a pre-pre op diet? Because I do agree with everyone about the nutrition goals being a bit lax.

Thanks again!

DidiMarie
on 2/25/18 5:35 am
RNY on 01/22/18

Hi Haley,

Pre-op diets are super variable it seems. For example, I didn't have one at all other than to knock off the wine and caffeine ().

From my own experience, life pre and post RNY is very different - I could never have eaten as little now, when I was pre-op - I have a lifetime of evidence to support that. :) Do what your team says to the best of your ability - the food part gets easier post-op. It's not magic, I can attest to that (I'm an early post op in a frustrating stall) but it is easier to be compliant.

Hang in there. I'm too new at this to have great advice yet, but I wish you the best.

Didi

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views