What's on your menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 2/23/18 2:09 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Friday! Its Photo Friday - open topic, post whatever you want! What's everyone's plans this weekend? Tonight hubby and I are going to a Triple A hockey game, not sure I am looking forward to sitting in an ice rink for a few hours. And Saturday I am planning on going to the gym and then we have plans with friends of ours to go out for dinner. Sunday we are just chilling,

Accountability: Was great yesterday, I didn't have my evening snack, was not hungry.

Time since surgery: 4 yrs + 3 mos

B:2 vanilla PP used a creamer in my coffee + 1 BTC Energy Bar

L: 4oz of tandoori chicken skewers with hot sauce

S: 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds

D: 2 small egg white pattys with melted cheese

S: 100 calorie bag of popcorn

TOTALS: 1062 calories, 123 protein, 51 carbs

V: Patches are on (Iron, Multi, B12, VitD & Calcium) + extra oral D3 & B12

E: rest night

Have a wonderful restful fun weekend everyone!

Here is my pic for Photo Friday, got new runners last weekend, they are new Saucony which is the only brand I will wear. They are awesome and I can't wait to go running outdoors with them when the weather is nicer!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 2/23/18 2:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Why are four day weeks so long???

QOTD: No big plans for the weekend, yet, but I would like to get out of the house and do something. My friend who had the heart attack is doing well and he's home, so maybe we can go down to Cape Cod and visit with him. It's supposed to be in the mid 50s so it might be a nice day to wander the Cape.

Accountability: OMG, you guys... my office is going through a lot of change and people are not feeling happy. A few days ago they had a big "pow-wow" with the staff to air grievances, which was a difficult conversation. They decided to try to make everything better yesterday by having a ton of food and ice cream sundae bar at the office for everyone. I was really good for most of the day, but I ended up grabbing a handful of potato chips at 3pm.

My photo is of my new doughnut sweater!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/18 5:16 am, edited 2/22/18 9:16 pm

Best use of a donut I?ve seen lately ! ( cute sweater , cuter pic :))

Gonna be another weird pouch day I fear - so more probiotic foods, fruits and trying to eat healthy raw-ish enzymes .

Breakfast - skim chai tea lattes

blueberries and vanilla nonfat yogurt

lunch - low carb kale juice drink ( sweet greens Starbux)

Broiled jumbo shrimp in adobo seasoning and butter buds deprived into fresh horseradish ****tail sauce

salad if possible with pickled gherkins and pickled beets if possible , fat free ranch or blue cheese dressing, fresh tomato , scallions and fresh red peppers

baked squash

snack- leftover barely cooked asparagus from yesterday with yucca pieces in mushroom fat free Marsala sauce .

Duties- pick up and fill out farm exemption tax papers , open stuck shed lock and scan a thousand documents for closings next week, attempt to pay for and schedule possible oil tank removal a state away for early next week. Difficult cuz the guy isn?t returning calls grrr and he?s the only reasonably priced local who specializes in this job.

fresh fruit and veg shopping

expecting a lot of stress because the kittens need to get caught, caged and transported to the vet and back for first shots . Tilly is a nonstop heartbreaking top-of-her- lungs wailer when she is caged or in a car ( unbearable for EVERYONE trust me )

I?m trying Pet Depots vet service- $55 each kitten for check up and parasite screening , first vaccination including feline leukemia and feline aids .

In the past i always did the leukemia /aids vaccine much later ( and in four separate visits) .

Im glad the technology has progressed so most of these stressful vet visits are no longer necessary but im worried about overdosing the little ones particularly tiny Tilly as her actual body weight is practically nonexistent under the extra long fur that makes her look far larger than she is - until you pick her up.

Theduffman27
on 2/23/18 5:38 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Lucky to be so close to the Cape! It must be nice to get out there when there are not as many Tourists!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Partlypollyanna
on 2/23/18 8:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Would you share what food tracker app you are using?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/23/18 9:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I use myfitnesspal.com. I take a screenshot every morning, and just upload it to my pics here, because it's easier than typing out...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 2/23/18 4:12 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

No big plans for the weekend. I guess I'll just wing it!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 89, Calories - 1,265, Carbs - 131.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: ham & cheese sandwich on 45 calorie bread

D: general tso's spicy chicken

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: possibly walking Blossom, weather permitting.

Photo Friday: I got to go horseback riding last Sunday. This is a picture of my favorite horse, Sugar, and me. Also, I signed up for a beginning crochet class at our community college. Our first project is to make a wash cloth. I'm really struggling. My poor wash cloth keep getting skinnier. (I think I must be dropping stitches or something). Here's a picture of my poor misshapen wash cloth. I think I'll start over and try again.

Have a wonderful day everyone and a great weekend!

~ Karen

Sheila_H
on 2/23/18 7:00 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Karen, this makes me smile. I learned to crochet a couple of years ago and my first project was a baby blanket. You should have seen how crooked it was. :-)

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 2/23/18 7:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You might remember I started crocheting last year...it takes practice but you'll get it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

FindingCharlie
on 2/23/18 8:20 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Karen, there are some really great videos on YouTube for crocheting and knitting for beginners. TheCrochetCroud is a great one for crocheting. I have taken up crocheting and knitting again and the videos have been so helpful!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 141 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics