What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 2/24/18 3:49 am

Morning weekenders!

i have been missing in action the past while. First was a week in Vegas for work, then dealing with coming back to reality. But this morning is all about coffee and catching up!

whats everyone doing today? My father in law is here helping with a leaky basement. I think I might do a bit of spring cleaning. And then this afternoon, I'm attending a 50th birthday for an aunt.

qotd: the worst of winter is over, and I'm ready for spring! I still have a long way to go here in Canada, but I can't wait to get into the garden. And start cooking outside again! What do you look most forward to?

accountability: not great folks. Not great.

Menu:

B : coffee and premier

Brunch ish: cottage cheese and strawberries

D: tbd on the party, it's at a pub, and they have plenty of protein foroward options.

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 2/24/18 4:32 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and Menu Family!

No big plans for this weekend. It's going to be a little less cold on Sunday so I will take Blossom for a walk.

QOTD: OMG this has been the LONGEST winter! Snow after snow after snow, and so many gray days! I am SO ready for Spring! I love taking my dog for walks around our subdivision and we've missed quite a few walks due to snow, icy wind and bitter cold. So going for walks with Blossom is what I'm looking forward to the most! Also, I love going horseback riding and that will be so much more fun once the weather in nice again!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 79, Calories - 1,140, Carbs - 124.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: ham & cheese sandwich on 45 calorie bread

D: general tso's spicy chicken

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision (weather permitting).

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

catwoman7
on 2/24/18 4:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin!

sunrise yoga this morning, then out for coffee and newspaper reading with DH. I hope to do our taxes sometime this weekend - otherwise, a pretty typical. low-key day!

QPTD: I look forward to not walking out my door into a freezer - and also, not having to wear big down parkas or layers of sweaters (although the latter doesn't bother me as much as the former - I hate wearing coats!)

2 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1 T honey and 5 pecan halves (recommended by one of our Swedish exchange student friends. Not the pecans - she uses walnuts instead with her yogurt & honey. It was very good, but I have a major sugar buzz going from the honey - UGH!)

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: either chili or (turkey) taco meat with lettuce, tomato, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, and salsa

AS: yogurt or crustless protein pumpkin pie

D: leftover Teriyaki pork stir fry (meat and veggies only)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 2/24/18 5:45 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I had my follow up with my PCP yesterday. I'm down 7 lbs since surgery. Then I ran around a little bit and picked up a few things for little organization projects and a few groceries (replenished my broth, essentially).

QOTD: Lol it doesn't feel like the worst of winter is over when we're getting hit with a winter storm today, but I started onion seeds for my garden and I too, am looking forward to my garden the most. I won't be able to eat everything I plant, but I have plenty of friends and coworkers to take it off my hands, and I plan on canning/preserving a lot of it

menu: liquids

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/18 8:52 am

You'll figure out how to eat your produce .. don't worry . There are a TON of helpful recipes here and a LOT of gardeners who make amazing food with their homegrown yummies.

Writergurl08
on 2/24/18 11:54 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Oh I have lots of canning and preserving recipes! I just like to tend a rather large garden and always have plenty to share lol

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

karenp8
on 2/24/18 6:16 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Another gloomy rainy day here in the cornfields of Illinois. Lily and I got our 4 miles in without getting wet but it is starting to rain again now. I'll get another mile in either this afternoon or evening when there's a break in the rain. QOTD ready for more camping! Also will be so happy to put the heavy coats away. Accountability was good with no extra bites taken. Post op 5 years 5.75 months and weight at 119.2. Hetes todays eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 31/2 oz leftover fish 1/2 c broccoli D 1 turkey sausage with mustard 1/2 c cauliflower S 2 jerky sticks(180 cal). Have a great day everyone. Now where's the coffee?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/24/18 6:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Sorry, but it is going to be another sunny, warm day here. I just got back from my morning walk and am eating breakfast. We are going to go walk dogs today I think. Not sure about tomorrow.

QOTD: Once I get home in mid April, I'll be looking forward to seeing the trees get green again and walking on the Cape Cod beaches. There is nothing here to compare with the beauty of New England in the spring/summer/fall.

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Possibly leftover salmon and veggies

S: Cottage cheese and/or yogurt and/or prosciutto mozzarella stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 2/24/18 6:25 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! We've missed you Erin and I'm glad that you are back and getting us started!

It is another cool rainy day and I am feeling very housebound. I'd love to get out and do a walk around our neighborhood but it is really too icky.

I've been resting more the last two days. I think I overdid it the two days that my parents were in town. I not so subconsciously felt like I had to play hostess even though they were here to help me. I've been resting in bed and on the couch alot and taken some short naps with the cats. Last night was the first night that I didn't take any meds to relax. I slept pretty well and didn't have more than minimal cramping and discomfort. Not sure what I will do today except I've already been up a while and did a few dishes to clear the sink. The house is bothering me, but I have to remind myself not to lift and bend and that excludes most things that I'd get into.

Best news though. I finally heard from my surgeon that the pathology report came back negative for any malignancy! All of the tissue that they took out and sampled was benign. Deep sigh of relief! The other news is that they removed more than 800 grams worth of tissue! The alien twins had certainly grown large! It reminds me why my innards feel rather drawn and wobbly.

My appetite is still up and down. Sometimes I feel really hungry, but I can't eat very much before I feel full and somewhat bloated. I just keep drinking fluids and extra protein shakes and know that things will improve with time and healing.

QOTD: I love Spring and getting outside to move around. I miss my long outdoor walks and hope that I can get some in soon.

Wishing you all good health!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 2/24/18 6:46 am - Brighton, IL

The pathology report is wonderful news! That made my day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 525 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 14 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?