What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

catwoman7
on 3/4/18 7:42 am, edited 3/3/18 11:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

DH and I are at a coffee shop - he's got his head buried in the newspaper. I'm heading out to a yoga class in about 10 minutes. Meeting my mom and brother afterward for lunch at an Indian place. They have a buffet at lunch time, but hopefully I can order off the menu. If I'm going to pay $12 or whatever for a meal, I want to be able to take home the leftovers. I can't eat enough at one sitting to justify paying for the buffet. Mom wants to go over her will and other important "stuff" with us this afternoon since all of us are in town this weekend. Will probably skip Aqua Zumba tonight (boo!) since bro is in town (my mom and sister live fairly close to me - the next town over, in fact - but bro lives in NC)

QOTD: oh good Lord I was do this again in heart beat. I am SO much happier now. I should have done this years ago, although I think being in the right frame of mind is critical to success. Not sure I would have been there 10 or 15 years ago, so maybe I had it (surgery) at the right time.

2 years 9 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 T Crio Bru grounds, 2 sliced strawberries

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: Indian food - meat & veggies, about a cup of it

D: ?? probably out with the family (I love having my brother here, but I really don't like this restaurant eating)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Loril1963
on 3/4/18 7:53 am
RNY on 10/28/16

I guess a lot of us had an early start today, i'm at work so no choice but to get up early. Great question btw. I'm so SO happy I had the surgery. My only regret is that I chickened out the first time and had to jump through hoops for a second chance. I could have enjoyed my new life a few years sooner. I have more confidence and am doing things I only ever dreamed of before, like running marathons!

peachpie
on 3/4/18 9:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hey RNY'ers. Can't beleive the day is half gone. I started out swinging, and now and muddling about. Did my run, started laundry, grocery shppped and prepped dinner. Ate too much cream of wheat and dealt with a mild bought of RH, that zapped my energy. I did all I need to do today-- other than prepare my taxes. Not sure if I even want to know what those will look like!

Qotd: Are you happy you had surgery? YES.What's different in your life? Biggest difference is the shift to wanting to maintain my health vs. losing x pounds. What's the same? Life is the same, same career, family, hopes, dreams; just enhanced because I don't live within the shadows of my fat self anymore. Would you do it again, knowing what you know now? I would do it again- but I would NOT do it any sooner. My life wasn't ready before- I picked the time that was best for men How has surgery affected your quality of life? Quality of life wasnt horrible before. I wasn't one that was riddled with aches and pains- I wasn't low energy. But I knew my weight inhibited my access to life. So it enhanced an already good life.

209 today, 2.10 Years out

m1: protein bar

m2: cream of wheat 1.5c

m3: 1/2 sandwich, salad

m4: beef oxtails

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/4/18 12:27 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Thought I would post in here today since I am starting my diet today. I'm scheduled to have revision to RNY March 14th. I originally had my Sleeve done 9/12/16 and have lost 160 pounds. I developed reflux about 6 months after. Over the last year I've tried many different PPI's, food changes, continued to lose weight, only to the reflux worsen. I'm nervous for the surgery but looking forward to having this reflux gone.

QOTD: even with all the reflux, I would have the surgery all over again. It has changed my life drastically for the better. I'm off all hypertension meds, thyroid meds, almost all asthma meds. After my revision, I hope to be off all reflux meds after a few months.

B: plain quick oats with a little cinnamon

L: premier protein shake

D: Premier protein shake

S: chicken broth

E: walking

W&V

MeerKat1994
on 3/4/18 1:25 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

Happy Sunday!

Careful with that ice cream! It calls it's self halo top, but it's been a real devil. I had it for the first time 2 weeks ago, since then I've had terrible cravings for all the sweets and breads. I kid you not, I had one pint everyday for 5 days straight. I totally regret opening that door.

QUOTD: so far no regrets! I actually have been getting a little sentimental lately. This time last year I was getting ready for my upcoming surgery. I was so excited and I felt like my whole life was about to change. And it has! But it also hasn't. Fay to day life has stayed about the same, but the over arching feeling about my life is so different and so much better. There's more hope now, I think.

M1. Iconic protein (really liked this brand!)

M2. 2 oz roast with 1 oz cheesy cauliflower

M3. Greek yogurt

M4. Unjury chicken broth and leftover roast for a weird soup combo (my palate is bizarre lol)

babsinga
on 3/4/18 2:48 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

Howdy,

QOTD: Glad I had surgery, but I wasn't when I first did it. This is my third time to the rodeo. It is hard gaining and losing the same pounds so I hope I can stay at my low. I am still losing so we will see where I land. This is definitely uncharted territory for me.

Food for day

Lots of coffee and protein bar

Quinoa and faro (few tablespoons with lamb meatball and a piece of roast pork

Dinner: Have no idea

Snack: Carbonator with PB powder

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 18 views