What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

supershopper
on 3/8/18 5:33 am

moose burger ?? awesome- I just have tried water buffalo this past year and alpaca and goat. all really yummy

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Mandi87
on 3/8/18 10:19 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Ugh! This snow! It's March now, Alaska. Let's move on and at least start steering toward spring. Pretty please?? Lol!

Theduffman27
on 3/8/18 5:28 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and Menu folks. Thursday already! This has been a good week for me. AMAW has been going well and was exactly what I needed. I find that I have no desire to graze and I am drinking more at night, in turn is causing me to get up and use the bathroom more at night. Ill take it though. I also need to have another does of miralax this morning, my apple cider vinegar is not working with this protein heavy diet.

Accountability - has been spot on.

QOTD - today I am Thankful for WLS. My life has changed dramatically since WLS, I enjoy doing things, crowds no longer bother me, I am no longer feeling like the biggest guy in the room, and I am off all medications. I am so happy that I chase to follow through with this lifestyle change.

B- Italian sausage with a1

S - 2 oz buddig meat

l- baked cod

s- Italian sausage with a-1

D - Stopping at the Longhorn on our way to Syracuse this evening.

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Writergurl08
on 3/8/18 5:38 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning all! I'm heading to the gym and might do the elliptical rather than just the treadmill. I'm still on restrictions so still not doing anything to strenuous. Then I think I might go to a few thrift stores, since I never did yesterday. I tried on my next size smaller jeans, and they fit! I was size 24 at my biggest, at the beginning of my evaluation and now I'm in a 20. So I feel ok about trying to find some spring/summer things in 20s and 18s for now. Maaaaybe 16s if I find something nice? I have jeans because I wear them year round, but I was hesitant to buy more seasonal things.

Qotd: I'm thankful every day for my husband. After getting out of an emotionally abusive marriage, he was the best at showing me what it really means to be supportive, and let's me be 100% ME. He also lets me till up our yard for garden space and have as many cats as legally allowed in the city limits ;)

CAMAW (this is easy for me right now since other foods aren't even on plan yet)

Breakfast: Premier Protein

MS: Greek L&F

Lunch: 1/2 Buffalo tuna packet

AS: the other half

Dinner: the other half of the piece of salmon I had for dinner last night

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

NYMom222
on 3/8/18 5:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good luck at the thrift store. When I was losing I would rather have 2 pairs I washed all the time but fit well than a bunch of baggy pants. Bras too, replaced those frequently as well. Tops and dresses you can seem to make last longer.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Writergurl08
on 3/8/18 6:15 am
RNY on 02/15/18

That's kind of my thinking too! I work in a professional setting with a casual dress code so I'd rather have a couple pairs of good fitting nice jeans for work that I wash more frequently. I have plenty of size 20 jeans for work, but I would like to have a pair of Capri-style pants for the weekends. I don't plan on buying tops unless I see something super cute, because I agree that tops can be worn for longer. I will already have to buy new bras before I return to work. 30 lbs gone and I'm pretty sure half that was my chest!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Meggles07
on 3/8/18 5:48 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Off to yet another doctor's appointment this morning. This one is okay though because it's like a healthy check up. I have a laundry list of things I need from the doc. And I'm hoping I don't pick up too many germs at the clinic ;)

Today my mom, brother (in college), and his fiancee are coming to stay over March break. So our house is going to be very full again lol.

Ooo also, I bought a memory foam thing for our mattress from Amazon and it came yesterday. I have it airing out right now and I'm hoping it makes our bed more comfortable. It has just been too hard for me lately. Fingers and toes crossed!!

QOTD: today I'm so so thankful for the health I have gotten after having surgery. I had issues beforehand that would have made fertility a huge issue. As well as how much harder it would be to carry a baby for nine/ten months. I have several friends both average weight and overweight who are currently struggling with fertility and it was always a big worry for me.

Post-op three years (I still can't believe it has been that long).

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - apple and pb

Lunch - tbd - if home probably leftovers. If I have to pick up my brother we will probably pick something up.

Snack - cheese and crackers

Dinner - going out with everyone plus my grandparents

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits.

ScaleSkater
on 3/8/18 6:02 am, edited 3/7/18 10:05 pm

Good morning. What a perfect day for the question - what I'm thankful for.... I'm thankful for all the small things that make my life feel even (there's probably a better word for what I want, maybe calm). I got to the gym and no one try to push me out of my lane while swimming. My favorite shower was open when I was done (they have a large shower area - only one - the rest are about half the size). I love that one and it has the warmes****er to shower. My Speedway gas station coffee flavor was available without waiting. Don't tell my surgeon but it's 28oz of Espresso roast (with Caffeine) for $0.99. It's my one vice I let back in my life. At the cafe at work the guy who makes the best homemade salsa is back. He was on vacation for 2 weeks. I use it on my eggs in the morning and as a salad dressing at lunch. It's so good. Lastly, no emergency emails came in last night. So today just feels very even to start out and I'm thankful for this calm moment as I eat my breakfast and type this message. Maybe at a serious level I should be thankful that I can park without worrying if the closest spot is open and that I didn't have to stop twice while walking to my desk and sit down to rest. I probably shouldn't forget what life was like less than two years ago.

The pix below was taken about 5 weeks after I began supervised weight loss (4 months pre-surgery) and a few weeks ago at the Walking Dead Store in Senoia, Ga (aka Woodbury). I purchased that Preds jersey the day before as I drove through TN on my way to Florida to visit my uncle. Such fun detours and to top if off, we found the greatest little BBQ cafe in Senoia. Can't wait to get back there next year to do the full Walking Dead tour.

B - Fage with .5oz mixed nuts and 2 strips of turkey bacon

S - HB eggs 2 with only 1/2 of one yolk - a tbs of homemade salsa (yum)

L - small salad; 3.5oz chicken

S - Syntrax shake

D - small salad; 4 oz turkey

S - SF popsicles 2

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Theduffman27
on 3/8/18 6:05 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Great job!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/8/18 6:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 463 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views