What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 3/10/18 3:33 am

Morning! And welcome to the actual Saturday menu thread! I jumped the gun a little yesterday!

its like I have this sense of dejavu for some reason hahahaha

What does everyone have planned for today? I'm at the inlaws this weekend. Their town is having a community Irish concert tonight. It should be fun. It's one of those events everyone comes home for!

qotd: this town is full of creatives. Musicians, singers, dancers etc. what's your talent? Can you draw? Can you cook? Write poetry?green thumb? Whatcha got?

accountability: good! Finished camaw on high note!

Menu:

B: coffee and premier

L/D tbd on how the plans of the day but will include rotisserie chicken, shrimp and bacon from what I saw in the fridge!

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/10/18 4:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning and yes it is really Saturday now! We are going out to dinner with DH and SIL's cousins at a restaurant on the water we have been wanting to go to. Hopefully it won't rain as predicted. It is my son's birthday today and I wish I could be with him.

QOTD: I have a talent for decorating I think, but not like a decorator where I can plan and execute a whole design quickly. I have to do it one thing at a time, but I think I usually get it right. I can also take some decent pictures.

1 year, 11 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: turkey pepperoni

D: fish of some sort and veggies (out to dinner)

S: maybe prosciutto mozzarella stick, maybe Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 3/10/18 6:02 am
RNY on 02/19/16

You take AMAZING, award-worthy pictures, Liz! You should enter some photography contests!

Quick question. Was Friday the last day of AMAW / CAMAW or does it run through Saturday, too? Thanks!

Mandi87
on 3/10/18 10:46 am
RNY on 12/08/16

I agree! You do take some amazing pictures!

catwoman7
on 3/10/18 4:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I'm currently doing my usual early morning routine - lying in bed trying to type on my laptop with a cat sleeping on my chest. This is a challenge. About to throw on some clothes and head off to yoga class in a few minutes. Meeting up with DH at a coffee shop after class. After that, he wants us to go to his office (50 miles away) to hang up some more pictures. Ugh. Although it's not something we can really do during the week, so... That's about all that's on tap for today. I need to make a pot of chili sometime this weekend, though. DH needs lunches for the week...

QOTD: I'm a good cook but don't do it nearly as much as I did pre-WLS. Now I mostly make a pot or two of something on the weekend, and we eat it all week. I'm also good at managing money and have thought about doing something related to that once I retire - like being some kind of financial counselor who helps people manage their money. Or maybe managing money for seniors who can no longer do it. Not selling people stocks & bonds & mutual funds - but just helping them deal with their finances from month to month. Not sure what you'd even do to get started in something like that (??). I did try it with a friend of mine once. We met a couple of times to discuss her financial situation. But she was in a ton of debt and absolutely refused to make any changes. What do you do with people like that? That part of it would be hugely frustrating. I'd have to have clients who were willing to make some changes...

2 years 9 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1 T tahini and 1 T mixed berry spread

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: we may be on the road or at my husband's office, so not sure. I have a protein bar with me in case we're in a bind.

D: grilled fish & vegetables

maybe a L&F yogurt or a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie later

ex: yoga

B:

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/10/18 7:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Our local food shelter (on Cape Cod) has a program where volunteers work with people on handling simple finances: balancing a checkbook, setting up a budget, prioritizing financial needs, etc.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 3/10/18 8:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind - I'll check around here and see if they have anything like that..thanks!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 3/10/18 4:58 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Happy SATURDAY!

Im heading over bright and early to my cousins house where we set up a grow light--seed starting day! In my zone, it's usually not safe to plant outdoors until late April/early May but I like to get a jump on the things that take a while to mature (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, onions). Then in a couple more weeks I'll start things that germinate faster or don't like to spend a lot of time in a nursery cup :)

QOTD: I'm a published author, though nothing under my own name yet, and what I did publish is out of print. I found a use copy here:

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Star-Science-Fiction-Fantasy/dp/ 1594143889

I love writing for young adults/teens

I also draw and paint, but haven't done much with it in a long time, but I do have some drawings in a photo album on Facebook if anyone wants to find me there.

CAMAW:

breakfast: Greek L&F before I head out

MS: decaf, nonfat, sugar free SB latte

Lunch: maybe tuna

Dinner: no idea, but I might try chicken, cooked in the crock pot with some sort of gravy or sauce? It's on my plan and I know people have trouble with it so I'm kind of experimenting with what I tolerate as far as what I'm allowed on this stage. So far I haven't had any issues except the other night when I absentmindedly took a drink of water right after eating and it kind of came back up like baby spit up.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/10/18 5:28 am, edited 3/9/18 9:28 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Good morning!

Im heading over later today to the house my parents are flipping. Lots of wallpaper to take down and painting to be done.

QOTD: I am a musician, although I haven?t done much lately. I?ve played at some local coffee shops and bars.

B: quick oats with cinnamon, coffee with SF creamer

L: protein shake

D:Protein shake

s: cottage cheese

e: working on the house

W&V

alaskasusan
on 3/10/18 5:33 am, edited 3/9/18 9:34 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Wow, I'm actually early today...got up about half an hour ago, just before 4:00 am. I think I am actually sleeping a little better; way too many times I give up at midnight and just get up! Going to be a busy day of packing and cleaning house here, trying to get it on the market soon.

QOTD: I'm pretty good with kids of all ages, and good at multi-tasking; I loved my former job as school secretary at a private school because I wore ALL the hats - at the same time. Miss being there because I loved all the kids. Just signed up to volunteer at the hospital, hope I get to hold the babies but I'd do anything they need.

Still on track, though I would love a salad today!! But sticking with it!

B: 3 oz ham steak

L: 4 oz grilled porterhouse

D: 3.3 oz halibut

Totals = Cal: 530, Carb: 0, Fat:23, Protein: 74

Will run the indoor track at my gym later and probably swim a while too. It's been lovely this week driving at 7:00 am and not have it so dark (no sun yet but some very-much-appreciated daylight starting to creep over the mountains)....sigh - after today it will be another month before we get that back, thanks to DST! :)

Edited to fix typo

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views