Science behind AMAW/CAMAW??

Mandi87
on 3/10/18 11:09 am
RNY on 12/08/16

I'm really hoping somebody can help me with some extended (possibly scientific) info on AMAW/CAMAW. I've been struggling allllll week with coworkers trying to get me to eat stuff that isn't on my CAMAW plan. They all keep saying stuff like "well I don't think that's healthy. Can't you at least eat veggies or something? You have to have fiber in your diet because so on and so on." Or "if you deny yourself now then you're going to end up going on a binge later!" It's like they're all trying to be my own personal dietitian and I definitely did not ask them. I get so frustrated because I feel like they're all watching me under a microscope and thinking that I have developed an even weirder "eating disorder"... Can somebody help me be able to explain to them why I'm doing this plan so it will shut them up and I can eat in peace? I have a hard enough time continuing to make healthy choices as is and their so called assistance is only making it worse. It's kind of like trying to switch to decaf coffee and everyone saying something like "well you're going to get headaches! And then you're eventually going to give in and OD on caffeine!" Lol.

Thanks in advance!

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/18 12:14 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129159/

This article goes into detail about why and how we don't need carbohydrates in our diet.

Mandi87
on 3/10/18 2:19 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Thank you!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/11/18 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

This is very interesting. Thank you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

peachpie
on 3/10/18 12:53 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I have no science to offer but this is a prime example of why I don't discuss my surgery, eating habits, weight loss efforts, etc at work.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Mandi87
on 3/10/18 2:20 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

I totally get that! I just have reached a point in my life where I don't want to feel like I have to sensor myself or keep secrets. I am pretty tired of all their opinions though lol!

hollykim
on 3/10/18 2:27 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 10, 2018 at 10:20 PM Pacific Time, Mandi87 wrote:

I totally get that! I just have reached a point in my life where I don't want to feel like I have to sensor myself or keep secrets. I am pretty tired of all their opinions though lol!

your choice to have WLS and the resultant diet required is part of your personal medical history.

Do you discuss ALL your other personal medical history with them?

Mandi87
on 3/10/18 5:14 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Lol not in great detail but we are a very close knit group of gals that are pretty much like sisters.

seattledeb
on 3/10/18 9:12 pm, edited 3/10/18 11:16 pm

This "Diet" was invented here. It was a response to the 5 day pouch test that was a scammy thing that advocated 5 days of protein shakes only.

The all critters or all meat is a plan to get rid of carbs that might have jumped in your diet. I'm not talking about carrots.

What started as a joke to the ridiculous 5day protein shakes turned in to something that works,resets your diet,helps control carb cravings,and you usually lose some weight.

The downside is constipation and in your case nosey coworkers. Everyone loves a "new"diet.

I think it's a great thing to do every once in a while and it's fun to do it as a group.

I learned I couldn't eat toast. Ive learned I'm prone to drink things with too many calories.

What did you learn?

Mandi87
on 3/11/18 9:54 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Thanks, Deb! It's nice to know the history. I have tried to do CAMAW on my own before and found it very hard to be 100% accountable so doing it as a group was amazing for me. I'm going to keep it up through Tuesday. I learned sooo much just in this one week! I knew that I was being way too leaniant with my weekend choices and CAMAW has really helped me open my eyes to that. I also learned that I really truly do fill up much faster with dense protein than anything else. I would eat carbs and get so head hungry which would cause me to eat way more than I need and that would only cause more cravings and head hunger. I guess it's all stuff I knew, but being able to actually knuckle down and stick to this plan has given me a complete 180 turn around and I'm so glad to have participated this time. Grateful for all of you and your responses!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics