Help. Food Stuck.

GLaj33
on 3/14/18 7:34 pm
RNY on 02/27/18

15 days post op and just started pureed food yesterday. Thought I'd be a champ and make pasta with meat sauce for dinner for my family and just eat some of the sauce for my dinner. I mashed up the beef as best I could and chewed like crazy but now something is stuck. It feels like it's stuck I'm my throat. I don't feel any pain, just this really uncomfortable feeling of something in my throat. I've read through some posts and have tried papaya enzymes, walking, warm water and nothing is helping. Been feeling this for more than 2 hours now. Someone please help.

AlpahCheeno
on 3/14/18 8:00 pm
RNY on 03/07/18

Call you surgeon's after hours or on-call number. They should have given you a number to call in case of a problem or question. This would qualify.

Jay (48)
Surgery: RNY on 3/07/2018

HW: 338 (BMI 52.9 kg/m²) SW: 288 (BMI 46.60 kg/m²)

CW: 203 (BMI 31.8 kg/m²) GW: 165 (BMI 26.60 kg/m²)

jenorama
on 3/14/18 8:30 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

It's pretty awful, but you will likely have to wait it out. You've tried papaya enzyme with no luck, but I've heard of some people making a solution of water and meat tenderizer. Don't panic--it will likely resolve on its own.

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/15/18 4:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry that happened. It hurts a lot.

Going forward--for the puree stage, I'd really stick with food that is runny off of a spoon. Beef is hard to get soft enough. And for the next few days, you should probably go back to liquids to let everything, heal up.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/18 8:04 am

where is your doctor in all of this? You can't have beef 15 days out! Pasta? Really? Get an appointment with a good RNY nutritionist!

https://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-big-gastric-bypass-diet-guide/

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/15/18 8:21 am
On March 15, 2018 at 3:04 PM Pacific Time, jsasquith wrote:

where is your doctor in all of this? You can't have beef 15 days out! Pasta? Really? Get an appointment with a good RNY nutritionist!

https://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-big-gastric-bypass-diet-guide/

If you read the OP post and paid attention you would notice that she was making pasta and meat sauce but she was only planning to eat some of the sauce. And she was already in puree stage as per doctor advice.

Once I "graduated" to pure stage I personally had no problem with beef, chicken or pork.

Before you try to correct someone's actions - pay attention to what the person is communicating

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

GLaj33
on 3/15/18 9:13 am
RNY on 02/27/18

Wow, thanks for making me feel like garbage. You might actually want to fully read my post before you make a comment like this that puts me down. I'm looking for suggestions on how to relieve this uncomfortable feeling, not to have someone rip me apart. Thanks for that.

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/18 12:29 pm

I'm so sorry. My goal is never to make you feel bad. I'm worried for you. I just hope you get some help with this issue. I won't bother you again.

CJ On Orcas
on 3/15/18 9:06 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Sory you had that happen, it is very painful. When I ate something that did not agree, it felt like a heart attack. Very uncomfortable and scary. For me, usually it would either come back up or eventually go down. If it were me ai would back off meat for a few days and stick to greek yogurt, protein drinks, maybe cottage cheese and other soft foods before you try meat again. I could not eat any meat this early out, especially geound meat.

Good luck, hope it resolved itself by now.

ScottAndrews
on 3/15/18 10:13 am
RNY on 03/20/17

I've made myself throw up more times than I care to mention. Once on an airplane. Repeatedly. Not good.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views