What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 3/15/18 2:07 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Protein Pals, how are you all? I had a bad day at work yesterday, I found out the co worker that just left is leaving due to being bullied. I am in shock as she never told me about any of the behavior, and its been going on for three years. I am just absolutely beside myself with hurt and anger this happened to her.

Accountability: on plan!

QOTD: What was your "thing" to eat before you had WLS? I think most of you know I am a sugar addict! I love sugar, chocolate and candy. I literally ate birthday cake all the time. I would actually go to different bakeries and have them write "Happy Birthday XXX" (I made up different names all the time) just to convince myself that if the cake had a message on it it was worth eating it. I am very ashamed by that and its hard to admit about my cake addiction. I also love all bread products. I had no trouble pre surgery eating four slices of toast loaded with PB & J. I also loved pasta, I would eat bowls full at one sitting. Again I am super ashamed by all this but its the truth and its what lead me to having WLS>

Time since surgery: 4yrs + 4 months

B: 2 PP for creamer in my decaf coffee

L: bell peppers, goat cheese, cranberries, pumpkin seeds as a "salad"

S: 2 baby bel cheese

D: 10 shrimp + ****tail sauce

S: Snack pack vanilla pudding

TOTALS: 896 calories 99 protein, 51 carbs

V: patches are on

E:rest day

NOTE: Photo Friday will be Photos of "Before & Afters." Get your pics ready!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

MeerKat1994
on 3/15/18 3:24 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Morning Morning!

Im sorry to hear about your co-worker. What an unfortunate situation. When will adults learn to be kind? Or at least ambivalent.

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck on the midterm! I think it went well. It was a timed essay about race, the civil rights movement, inter-racial "mixing", and segregation v de-segregation movements. The grader is tough, but I think I included everything I needed to.

QUOTD: Oh Lord, what food wasn't my food may be a better question. Lol. I loooved Chinese food, bread, and sweets.My favorite food was brownies and chocolate in general. That's honestly been my biggest struggle post op. I sometimes feel almost a frenzy to eat chocolate. like, a pulling in my chest. I search for low calorie brownies or low calorie sugar free chocolate snacks. Sadly, I've discovered that I really can't ever have it in my house or in my meal plan. The last time I had it, I decided to by fiber one's 90 calorie mint brownies. That has been the only time I binged post op. So many brownies RIP. It's a slippery slope for me. So I'm committed to not eating it at all. I just can't trust myself around chocolate.

M:

1. Scrambled eggs.
  2. tuna
  3. not sure, meat though. Maybe an iconic meat stick?

I meant to mention that I weighed myself once I got back to Ohio after CAMAW. I lost a grand total of zero. Literally weighed the exact same. Stepped on the scale today and I was down 3 pounds from yesterday.

Kakesie
on 3/15/18 3:41 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

QOTD: I LOVE that story about the birthday cakes, Daisy! That is so funny, having the bakeries write made-up names on them! Pre-op I loved cinnamon rolls with gooey cream cheese frosting on top and butter! Also donuts of any kind. Cheetos. Macaroni and cheese. Pizza. Cookies dunked in milk. Oh my, I could go on and on.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 78. Calories - 1,255, Carbs - 117.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: hamburger

D: ham & cheese sandwich on 45 calorie bread

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

Mandi87
on 3/15/18 6:13 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Oh my god! Cookies dunked in almond milk! I used to buy Oreos and crush them up to make what I called "cookie soup"... hi, my name is mandi, and I am a food addict hahaha

artchikk
on 3/15/18 6:59 am
RNY on 02/12/18

I totally did this too. but I called it Oreo Cereal. LOL...did it with graham crackers too.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Mandi87
on 3/15/18 9:48 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Oh man.. Graham crackers. I used to make sandwiches with those, peanut butter and chocolate frosting... Those were some dark days hahaha

MeerKat1994
on 3/15/18 8:11 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Oh my yes with the Oreos! You aren't alone on that one.

Librarian67
on 3/15/18 3:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Daisy and menu folks!

Has anyone heard from JB & Grim? When I hear about the weather in their area, I keep wondering how they are doing. I hope they have power at least and that Grim doesn't pull anything with all the shoveling.

I didn't get any donuts or muffins yesterday. I did think about them, but I kept on plan with no extras.

QOTD: I love Cheetos, Cheez-Its and rice. I've only had a little rice since surgery when my surgeon's nutritionist suggested that I try it. It made me very bloated and sick, so no rice for me. I also have developed a problem with yeast breads. I have been able to tolerate bread with baking soda/powder like corn bread, but anything with yeast gives me massive pain now. That is probably a good thing so that I'm not tempted to try.

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 oz ham, plain oatmeal

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, 1 oz turkey breast, cantaloupe, walnuts

Lunch: chicken breast, baby carrots

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast, apple, almonds

Dinner: crab cake, broccoli slaw

Exercise: 3-4 mile walk

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Rosemi
on 3/15/18 12:46 pm

Wow...your right!...no JB & Grim....hope they're all ok!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/15/18 4:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a shame about your co-worker. We usually think about bullying of kids in school but it isn't acceptable in any environment and especially not at work. I had a woman *****ported me to HR several times for things that didn't occur and I felt bullied in a way because I couldn't be comfortable anywhere near her. Though HR cleared me in all instances and knew she was trouble (I wasn't the only one she went after), they wouldn't do anything because there was a "no reprisal" rule for reporting infractions.

QOTD: Now this is a truly loaded question. I loved ALL THE THINGS you mentioned. If I had to rank them by what I bought secretly to eat (such shame), it would be donuts, frosted cakes or cookies, and pasta. I haven't really eaten any of those since WLS other than small bites of cake or pasta because they are so dangerous for me.

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: mozzarella/prosciutto stick, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 496 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?