Weigh****chers after regain

ssciolino
on 3/20/18 2:03 pm - Webster, NY

RNY almost 10 years ago. Met goal. Regain 35 pounds over past 5 years following breast cancer, loss of a beloved sister and retiring from work! Joining Weigh****chers tomorrow with my husband. He is extremely overweight, does not want bariartic surgery. We can support each other. Is anyone familiar with WW and bariatric patients. Thank you, ?

"Life is a succession of lessons which much be lived to be understood"  Helen Keller      
jenorama
on 3/20/18 2:45 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

At this point, you're not any different than anyone else WRT weight loss. Make sure to eat protein forward and limit carb-heavy slider foods, keep up with your hydration and supplements and you'll be fine.

Weigh****chers is a good program in that it really leans on tracking and accountability. I did it over ten years ago, way before surgery, and I liked it. When I did it, only a few things were "free" and everything else had a point value. Now I understand even things like chicken breast are "free", so be careful.

You have an advantage in your reduced capacity and make sure to chat with your leader about your surgery. Make sure that they don't try to pull "starvation mode" on you if you consistently under-eat your points. No, eating more will not make you lose weight, as I'm sure you already know. Your metabolism isn't broken because if it were you'd be dead. Get your head on straight, focus on protein and be accountable for the things you put in your mouth and you'll be good! Same thing goes for your husband. Good luck to you both!

Jen

ssciolino
on 3/20/18 5:37 pm - Webster, NY

Thank you, Jen. ?

"Life is a succession of lessons which much be lived to be understood"  Helen Keller      
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/18 5:09 pm

I have done it about 2 to 3 years ago and was fairly successful at that time... I did not tell them I had RNY ..... I think that is a good decision as the whole stigma and did not want to deal with questions and any negative comments.

Good of luck to you!!!

ssciolino
on 3/20/18 5:39 pm - Webster, NY

Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/18 5:18 am, edited 3/20/18 10:18 pm

Have fun at your meeting today and I failed to say yesterday I am sorry for your loss and being sick, not easy. I am currently home, not exactly retired but I was laid off after working since 15 (and I am 51) have not found anything the past year plus a couple months and now into a routine with my 16 and 14 year old girls and their activities and school. Life is good, we are doing ok but not originally what I had imagined and also caused me some regain. Took time to become use to my new life. Best to you!! Good luck to your husband too!!!!! I am also coming up on 10 years. Need 15 back off.

megan

ssciolino
on 3/21/18 5:58 am - Webster, NY

Hello Megan, thank you for your kind words. It's been an extremely two years. But I am enjoying retirement....maybe a little too much! When I was working, my meals were more structured. Now I eat whenever I feel like it, sometimes skipping meals. I think planning meals with my husband and actually sitting with him will help. He NEVER forgets to eat! Meetings will help too.

I am 62. Mom to three and grandma to three. Retired after working for 42 years as a nurse.

I'll let you know how the meeting goes! have a nice day....Stella

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/18 6:53 am

Stella.

Sounds like a full and wonderful life! ENJOY!!!! Your husband will love having you do it together! I might join WW... could use the support too. Watching $ is only deterrence.

My sister is 61 and hopefully retiring in a year she is a nurse working in a convant of retired nuns. Hard work. She is expecting her first grandchild and I think it may push her to retire.

I was an Executive Assistant for C level Execs and hard time finding the salary again and something local. Kids now reliant on me! I am torn what to do so for now status quo.

let me know how it goes!!

Megan

ssciolino
on 3/21/18 8:07 am - Webster, NY

Megan, I truly understand about the money! There is a %40 off three month membership right now. We are just getting used to living on a pension! I'll give up buying crafting supplies for a while....I have enough to keep me busy for years!

A new grandchild...how wonderful! I have three..they keep us very busy!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/18 8:51 am

Yes I think my sister will be over the moon with her new grand daughter coming in July.

thanks for the WW tip if I can't eventually get back moving the scale for the remainder I want off I might consider!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 353 views