10 year anniversary

Deb366
on 4/9/18 10:13 am
I can't believe the 10 years has gone by so quickly! Still doing well. Pretty much can eat what I want most of the time and I prefer to eat healthy. Would like to be more physically active and that helps with my weight and strength....keep up the exercising and make it fun. Have had an issue with Reactive Hypoglycemia which is a major pain at times. But again means watching what I eat and it helps to be more active. I have no regrets that I got an RNY....well maybe I wish I would have done it sooner is all.....take care everyone out there....use your tool on your journey!

PS. Yikes almost forgot to talk about weight, my weight is higher than I like right now around 144. I seem to be best around 138. Lowest was 117 which was way too low! Again, if I work out more it is better. I eat healthy and not much processed foods. For protein I have eggs, some dairy, chicken and fish but I mostly do not eat much meat at all. Eat a lot of seeds, nuts....fruit and vegies...also make my own herbal tea to drink. And don't take protein supplements or use any low calorie sweetener crap because I don't believe those are good for you. I had several friends who had RNY, one died at 42 from alcohol abuse, and several regained because they just kept eating fast food and soda pop. So, if you are going to go to all the trouble to get the surgery....well then use it! Watch what you eat and move that new body! Don't abuse it. And even though they say it is not brain surgery....well I can tell you that I seldom get cravings unless my blood sugar is low (that is a symptom for me) and I love other foods that I never even thought of before....like kale, sweet potatoes (no not with marshmallows).

Currently 125  pounds
Gavs50
on 4/9/18 11:48 am

Congratulations. That's an awesome anniversary to celebrate.

Deb366
on 4/9/18 12:06 pm
I forgot to mention supplements. They are very important and needed life long. I still take calcium and a good multi. Have had some iron issues that came up (after a doctor told me to cut back on multi). I have never had a vitamin D issues or B12. I take Vita Lady D, and I only need it every so often. My D is constantly over 60 and I live in a place where most regular folks have low D. I take sublingual B12, not as often now since I always topped out over 1400 so they told me to take it less frequently. I still need to focus on iron and zinc and they are not easy ones to take ;(
Please get blood work every year or more often if needed so you don't get into major problems and see a bariatric doctor at least once a year. Regular docs have caused me issues by saying things like don't take so many vitamins. Some vits or minerals if you get too low can cause permanent issues for you....like brain damage.
Wallenmm
on 4/11/18 9:59 am - Hammondsport, NY
RNY on 08/09/17

Thank you so much for sharing your journey! I'm 8 months out, so still just a baby in this new life! Down 116 pounds and if the goal weight of 180 feels right, I have 15 pounds to go (5'9, large frame). I've only missed my vitamins 1 day, but that was due to an overnight flight and simply losing track of what day it was!

I also have no regrets other than wishing I had done it sooner. My only "problem" is that I get leg cramps, and can't figure out what they are from. Getting in enough fluids (I think), and taking potassium and magnesium supplements. My potassium level was good at my last testing (early March). Magnesium level wasn't tested, but may request that next time.

Anyway, THANK YOU for the sound advice. Always good to hear from the people who had surgery years ago.

RNY Aug 9, 2017

Start: 311 pounds.

Pre surgery: -30

M1: -20, M2: -10, M3: -12, M4: -10, M5: -9, M6: -7, M7: - 10, M8: -8, M9: -5, M10: -10, M11: -7, M12:-6, M13: -7

Kathy S.
on 4/11/18 10:15 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks for Sharing!

Image result for happy anniversary gif

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views