Still incredibly sick...

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/18 1:41 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about being ridiculously nauseated etc. Im constantly, severely nauseated and i feel like there is a lump in my throat all the time. I dont eat really all that sounds good is water and some days i cant even do that. My surgeon and NUT says theyre baffled by this... how have they done tons of these surgeries and never heard of this? I am so nauseated i can barely live life...and i have 4 kids i cant keep going like this. Its taking a tole on me mentally and emotionally. Im not usually a complainer but yall, this is bad. I almost feel like im suffering. Nothing sounds good if i think about drinking it my stomach turns...if i try to drink anything my stomach turns. Ive ried premier clear. Protien 20, nectar..and regular premier protien. Ive already got dehydrated and got iv fluids once... but not since (since all i drink is water and alot of it)

Ive tried zofran melts, phenergen suppositories, and they even sent me home with shots in muscle (OUCH BTW)(for us to do ourselves, from the urgent care center) of zofran...highest dose... nothing touches this nausea...sometimes ill even cramp.

Idk what else to do or try.

Has anyone come close to experiencing this? I was 5 weeks out monday.

Thanks for reading, i know its long.

juliabjacob1
on 4/10/18 1:52 pm
RNY on 12/13/17

I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. What else does your surgeon say about it? Keep calling him and let him know that you aren't doing well. The doctor has to find out why. You'll probably need some labs or diagnostic testing done. Don't let the doctor ignore you. It could be a serious health issue. Good luck. I feel for you. I myself still has some bad days. It has gotten better. I am always in touch with my doctor. Do the same.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/18 6:51 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

My diet plan paper gives me pretty good choices but i cant eat any of it. It all just sounds so nasty ans when i finally get something in me, liquid or food, it turns mt stomach badly and makes my nausea even worse.

CJ On Orcas
on 4/10/18 2:06 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Apologies if you have already posted, but what are you eating? I know sounds like not much. Are you allowed greek yogurt? Have you tried Unjury chicken broth protein Powder? How often are you trying to eat or drink? Have you tried mint or ginger tea? I had a really hard time with any meats or fish for the longest time. But some things worked, so there is something going on for sure.

So sorry for your difficult road. I guess the only other thing I could say is keep calling your surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/18 6:50 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

Tried hot tea earlier i got some down but didnt help

Im anout to try a veggie patty

Grim_Traveller
on 4/11/18 8:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

A veggie pattie at 5 weeks out? That will make you feel like dying, for sure.

Veggie patties are crap, way too dense, and dry.

You need to drink. All day long. Until you start getting a lot more fluid in, you will feel like crap.

Drink like it's your job. It is.

Drink like your life depends on it. It does.

You can't get IVs forever. They don't last long, regardless. And if they can put fluid into a vein one drop at a time, you can put it in your mouth, one drop at a time.

It may not solve all of your problems, but it will make a world of difference.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CJ On Orcas
on 4/11/18 8:58 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Try Unjury chicken broth protein powder. It has 20 grams protein for a scoop, makes a cup. It is available online.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/18 2:06 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

Thank you! I text my nutritionist alot. They say keep taking the same meds (which dont work!)

Amy R.
on 4/10/18 2:21 pm

You're dealing with an abnormal amount of nausea to the point where I'm not sure much good can come of any advice we can give you here on OH.

Hound your surgeon and/or doctors until you get an answer. Someone should have at least scoped you by now. If for no other reason than to find an answer to that lump in your throat feeling.

I just can't stress enough how this is not part of the "normal" recovery from WLS. Sometimes people have nausea for days or weeks. Sometimes people have disabling nausea but for a shorter period of time. Thinking of you dealing with both scenarios concurrently makes me cringe.

Start a full on campaign to get an answer. It may be nothing at all to worry about, but you need to be the one to make that decision once you have all of the facts. Don't give up until it either goes completely away or you have the data (and any recommendations from your docs) needed to make informed decisions that will move you forward.

Because this needs some medical attention. Now. Five or six weeks can be an eternity when a person is struggling with things like nausea. You deserve to get the help you need.

Please keep us posted.

It's horrible to think of you being bounced around from doc to clinic to urgent care and not finding at least an inclination of what the problem might possibly be. Good luck, I hope you get it settle soon.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/18 2:54 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

Thank you. Ill keep trying things. Ove tried all kinds if things but i cant really try much due to being so freaking sick!

Im not ganna lie, this is really hard. I can't find anyone else going thru this =/

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics