What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 4/22/18 3:45 am

Morning!

looks like the sunshine is back for another day. Everything is warming up! It was so neat to see how excited everyone was yesterday, everybody was just drawn outside!

Whats everyone up to Today? I'm heading to a first communion, and then the plan was getting together with a friend. But yesterday we flooded the basement a little bit. We have a blocked drain. So before church, were off to Home Depot to rent a snake and camera to sort that out.

qotd: are you handy? Can you tackle home repair projects? Or do you call in the professionals?

accountability: on point. Dinner at friends was Persian, so protein and lots of veggie options

menu:

coffee with premier, but really no idea what the plan is the rest of the day...

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Librarian67
on 4/22/18 4:05 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! I am up early again and sitting at my desk doing OT. I worked for 5 hours yesterday and may do that many hours again today. I also got in an hour's swim but Aqua Zumba was cancelled. Later in the afternoon I went for a 5 mile walk and enjoyed being out in the sunshine! Today I don't think I'll swim but I do plan to go for a 6-8 mile hike after I sign out of work. I've gotta get in my vigorous exercise and hiking before my next surgery!

QOTD: handy, huh? Well there are some things that I will try and my wife thinks she can fix things. That said I usually call the repairman because even though it costs, they usually do it right the first time without breaking something else.

Menu:

Breakfast: chicken breast, baby carrots (odd breakfast but it sounded good)

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, 5 prunes, cashews

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausages, broccoli slaw

Snack: protein shake, apple, almonds

Dinner: beef, broccoli

Exercise: long hike

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

yvonnef1964
on 4/22/18 4:49 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Sorry I've been missing, I've been helping a friend move her things to storage and some of her belongings into my apartment until she can find a place to stay since the apartment that she thought she had , fell through. Still got a few things yet to do.

Qotd used to try to fix things myself but now I call someone.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D garlic chicken, leftover takeout.

Have a good day

Writergurl08
on 4/22/18 5:16 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Yesterday was chilly but thankfully dry and we got my terraced garden beds put together! I'm so proud of DH's work. I thanked him for helping with "my" project yesterday and he said,"If gardens make you happy, I'll build you all of the gardens." So....swoon! I got a good one ;)

today is supposed to be warmer and I will be putting broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, onions, and spinach in the main garden (the spinach will be in a container).

Qotd: my husband is handy with building things and construction type fix it's that need done around the house, but for anything electrical or plumbing we call a pro.

Breakfat: I made bacon and scrambled eggs yesterday, but ended up having a small pouch day and barely finished half of my normal amounts. So I had the leftover 1/2 an egg and one strip of bacon today

lunch: since I'll be working outside I'll likely just have a protein shake instead of stopping my work to sit down and eat

dinner: in-laws are coming to town to take DH and I out for his birthday, which is Tuesday. He picked a BBQ place so well be able to make a good choice, and likely share a meal.

pics below of our finished project! As soon as we can borrow a pickup, we'll get a load of topsoil and garden compost to fill the beds. My tomatoes are going in there this year, and next year we'll do perennials and shrubs for "curb appeal" for selling the house. I snuck a pic of DH in there ;) pictured with him is my cousin who came over to help.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 4/22/18 5:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

We're home from our Chicago trip. What a great weekend! I had a PS consult there on Friday. Of course, his vision for me was very different from the first surgeon I saw, so now I don't know what to do. It seems like I go back & forth between the two at least once an hour (as in, "I'm going with this one". An hour later - "no, I think I'll go with this other one"). I think I need a couple of weeks to think about this - and maybe do another consult (or two or three) just to see if there's more of a consensus on what ideally should be done. With these two, there are pros and cons with both - although that's probably to be expected!

we also bummed around Evanston on the way home - love that town. And then we went to a cemetery in Zion, Illinois to "visit" some of my ancestors. I'm glad DH insisted we do that - I probably wouldn't have done that otherwise.

today I have brunch with some friends. Aqua Zumba this evening. Not sure what else is going on - probably just hanging out and doing some "house stuff" after an eventful weekend.

accountability was good yesterday - down another pound this morning. YAY! A couple more pounds and I'll be happy.

2 years 10 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: (actually, brunch) - "seafood cakes" with an egg and Hollandaise sauce sounds like it might be the best option (I checked the restaurant's menu). Lots of calories, though. I'll have to bring some home or eat really lightly the rest of the day

D: pork chop, Asian-style cole slaw.

ex: Aqua Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/18 6:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! The sun is out here too and I think it is going to be a beautiful spring day! We will take a long walk on the beach with Justice

QOTD: I'm fairly handy so will tackle many small projects myself but will hire someone for larger ones. For instance, I will swap out light switches and install small ceiling lights myself (I converted cans to regular drop lights over the peninsulas in both houses). I did hire someone to install the ceiling fans. I don't touch plumbing repairs though, as that is way beyond me. I used to paint (and wallpaper when in style), but now I hire someone because my shoulders can't handle it. DH has never been handy at all - I always did this stuff, we had a friend help, or we hired someone.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: Deli turkey with mustard, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 4/22/18 6:06 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Good morning!

It's been a busy couple of days and I haven't gotten time to post. No plans for today except to get out side and walk and meal prep for the week.

QOTD: I am able to do some home repairs on things but when it comes to plumbing or electrical, I let the professionals handle that.

B: oikos triple zero yogurt with bran buds

L: chicken salad

D: Italian chicken bake

S: Protein Ball, cheese stick

E: walking

W&V

ScottAndrews
on 4/22/18 6:26 am
RNY on 03/20/17

QOTD: I can barely hang a picture. But I'm quite handy in the kitchen. Does that count?

Kakesie
on 4/22/18 6:39 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and menu family!

Going to a piano concert at the college with a couple friends.

QOTD: No, I am not handy. I did some wallpapering years ago, but now I might do a border, but that's about it. I have a neighbor who is WONDERFULLY handy and has been my hero many times. One time the shower handle fell off and water was spraying out into the bathroom and he came over at 9 pm and fixed it for us! He is thinking about moving away and I'll be lost without him!

Accountability: Great niece's birthday party, so I had a slice of pizza and a small piece of frosted birthday cookie. Protein - 99, Calories - 1,510, Carbs - 155.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, banana

L: ham & cheese on 45 calorie bread, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: chicken stir fry with vegetables

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

peachpie
on 4/22/18 7:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi weekenders!

Today is my hubby's birthday. I bought him cologne and a gift card to the movies. Tonight we'll go out to dinner with the in-laws. I've never been out to dinner with them before- should be interesting.

My run is done and breakfast has been eaten. I'll shower and figure out what I'll wear tonight. I have a new eyeshadow palette that I'm excited to play with too. I switched out my winter clothes for my spring/summer stuff. Making I'll paint my toes too.

Accountability: so I made hubby a cheesecake for his birthday. I ate some graham crackers while I was making the crust and licked way to much batter. I made small cheesecake cupcakes with extra batter- so that will be my serving. I plan on giving my in-laws 1/2 the cake- hubby will take care of the other 1/2. My weight is up a bit today- but I'm confident I'll be able to bring it back down. Soon as I get it back to where I'm not freaking, I get overly confident and boom, the bounce cycle begins. It's really small #'s, but none the less maddening.

Qotd: between hubby and I we are very handy. Our biggest projects were when we installed a new back door and laminate in our living/dining rooms. I'm about to work on a project to build a 2' retaining wall. We generally don't mess with major plumbing and electric- but we have replaced our toilet and he can wire an outlet.

213 today, 2.11 years out

m1: pancake, strawberries, egg & turkey sausage

m2: protein shake

m3: skipping

m4: dinner out- hubby picked Texas Roadhouse but is thinking of changing his mind.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views