What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/15/18 1:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning everyone! Gotta say, I loved your invention ideas--you are all a creative bunch!

Ahhh, here we are--my very last day of wor****il.........???? On the one hand I am really looking forward to having time off this summer, but on the other hand, I am feeling the stress of uncertainty and wishing I knew what was next. There should be some significant developments in my job search tomorrow morning (I can't say why), though, so please send alllllllll your best mojo my way.

Accountability: It was a super weird day. First, I forgot my morning snack at home, so I cobbled together some almonds and meat stick from my purse #alwaysprepared. Then the restaurant we ended up at for lunch had no WLS friendly food--lots of rice bowls (and rice is my mortal enemy), so I just had an iced coffee. I barely ate anything until 6pm so I was pretty hungry and ended up eating some leftover Chinese. It wasn't the worst but I wish I chose better.

QOTD: Since I am coming up on some time off, tell me--what is your ideal day off from work? Lots of you seems to be introverts so I am expecting lots of days cuddled wit books! I like those days occasionally, but I much prefer a day of adventure. I like exploring towns and local cafes and museums. I love walking by the ocean and being in nature. Poor Grim--for the last month I keep adding to my list of things I want to do and see! It's a long list ;)

No plan for dinner yet. I feel like this might be the kind of day where we go celebrate the end of 3 long years of work, but plans are TBD.

RNYers--I have usually posted before 5am, because that was when my work schedule allowed, but I am planning on sleeping in a little later now (YAY!). Sleeping in "late" for me is 6am, though, so don't get too worried. My plan is still to have a post up before 7am :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/15/18 3:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!! Enjoy your last day and I hope your next opportunity comes together ASAP so you can enjoy a bit of a break stress free!!

QOTD - there are so many perfect days! A day walking a new city with a museum or two thrown in; visiting my favorite museum and exhibits I've loved since I was a kid; my bestie and I will usually get together to catch up and see a movie and that's usually a laughter filled day...and then I'm also never unhappy with a day spent reading!

Accountability - spot on, even though yesterday I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. Everything, I tell you!

B - two meat sticks

S - coffee + pp x 2

l - yogurt

d - tbd either a celebrate protein pack or something from the hotel bistro (either chicken or meatballs).

Totals - 526 calories, 69 protein, 30 carbs

Have a great Tuesday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/15/18 4:07 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm totally aligned with your perfect day!

Librarian67
on 5/15/18 3:51 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks!

JB, swinging chickens that your job uncertainty will be over soon. Enjoy your time off while you have it. Also hoping for you that whatever comes next will mean less of a commute. At least for me, hours on the road in heavy traffic are really draining!

I am feeling really tired again today. I think it is a mixture of an emotionally hard weekend and anxiety for the surgery ahead. Not the surgery itself really, just know that I will be in pain for a while and unable to do things for myself.

QOTD: I sometimes need and enjoy a day at home being a bum, but I also really enjoy a day outside hiking and being in nature. For my birthday this year I had planned to spend a day in several of the local art galleries, but I never got to do it. A leisurely day enjoying art would be nice too.

Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, almonds

Lunch: fish, salad

Snack: turkey breast, apple, almonds

Dinner: chicken breast, baby carrots

Exercise: if the thunderstorms hold off, I'd like to get in a long walk at lunch. If not, then it will be laps in my building and running stairs

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/18 4:02 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! About to go and buy a bathing suit, we'll see if I chicken out

I'm up early thanks to a neighbor's barking dog. Me getting up early is not helping me switch to a night schedule for my upcoming job. Though I guess I need to go through orientation, which is NOT at night. Its 8a-4p, so not nice to night workers which I think is sort of a shame. Maybe it would be better to wait until after that orientation and schedule my days of work and do a hard crash during the day to flip my time before I start.

I am trying to up my calories again some, I tried it just a bit ago and went into a faint panic mode when I was up a couple oz and dropped back down. While I think I was fine around the lower calories when I was lazy about the gym, I have been extra active and have been running every other day and will now add swimming. My body is feeling the running. Plenty of water, but very weak, nearly fainting several times. My heart has been cleared by the cardiologist, blood work came back strong, so I'm not sure what else it could be? Took my weight this morning to the exact ounce and won't be as neurotic about weighing for about a week maybe so that fluctuations won't kill me.

Queen JB
on 5/15/18 4:09 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

How was the bathing suit shopping? I haven't tried mine on from last summer yet and I don't want to yet!

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/18 6:34 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I bought one in my size without trying it on lol. I didn't want to put it on in the store, and I don't know when I will. I haven't worn a bathing suit since middle school.

Queen JB
on 5/16/18 3:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Fingers crossed!

Writergurl08
on 5/15/18 4:29 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Feeing a bit discouraged this morning. My weight was dropping like a stone and I was super excited, and now it's back UP six pounds since Thursday. Six! That has to be water weight, right?? I've been sticking to the menus I post here, no extra snacks (with the exception of a second protein shake if I didn't get my protein in) and I've been striving for 100oz of water in the last few days hoping I could flu**** out. I know fluctuations or normal, but my 3 month appointment is tomorrow and I was hoping to be at my lowest :(

on the plus side, I get cleared for raw fruit and veg tomorrow and I'm weirdly excited about being able to use lettuce wraps with my tuna salad.

QotD: you called it, JB, my introverted self would love to be in the grip of a good book perhaps in a chair outside if there's a nice breeze!

breakfast: coffee with Premier

lunch: 3 turkey meatballs, with 1/4 C marinara

dinner: I'll dig some leftovers out of the freezer, I think there's turkey chili in there. Or I think we still have taco meat.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

artchikk
on 5/15/18 6:54 am
RNY on 02/12/18

is it close to your cycle starting? I noticed I usually end up being up about 1-2 lbs during that week and takes a few days after for it to start going back down.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 414 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 117 views