I'm Back

KenyaE
on 5/16/18 2:42 pm - Copperas Cove, TX

It's been five years since I've posted, but I'm back because I need to be accountable again. My lack of staying on task has led to a 40 lbs regain. Ugh I do not want my surgeries to be a loss of money, time and resources.

I just got out of a weigh-to-live class and it's my hope to keep going. I have to loos those 40lbs, they do not look good on me.

Emiepie
on 5/16/18 6:47 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You are worth it and you can do it. Feel free to join in on the daily menu thread-it's a great place for ideas, support and friendship.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

KenyaE
on 5/16/18 8:05 pm - Copperas Cove, TX

Thank you Emiepie. I appreciate your words..

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/17/18 8:06 am

It is hard to lose the regain. It can be really hard. Time, and dedication is the key IMO. Proper diet is a must.

I recently gained app 25 lbs. 10-15 of that was on purpose - the rest - just keep piling on. ugh. I got "too skinny" (low body fat%) and I wanted to gain a few pounds so I could be stronger.

So now I want to lose 15 lbs. Most likely - to lose the 15 lbs will take me 3 months, if not more. 1 lb a week is realistic long term.

my diet:

• protein first, then some veggies...
  • making sure I drink enough "water"
  • some exercise (noting major, but just moving around is important)
  • dedication: I did not gain the extra weight in one month. So I really can't expect to lose that in one month.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/18 9:36 am

Your back so that's a good step in the right direction.

I have gained about fifteen pounds. I never got down to my goal weight. I just know it is lower than what I am now.

i got rid of all the carb crap around me and focused on what I can and should be eating. It and not what I can't or shouldn't.

It will come off slower than before but I feel restriction so I know my tool is working.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/18/18 4:36 am - Burleson, TX

KENYA - Welcome Back!!!

You have received some excellent advice, from some VERY smart people, and I ABSOLUTELY agree with them!!!

It is never, ever "too late" to lose weight. You CAN do this! I am living, breathing proof, than anyone can do anything, if they want to badly enough

At one time I had a 70 pound regain, having never even reached "goal", so it took me until I was 9 years out, to reach that "number". I'm 16 years out now, and under goal. It CAN be done!! I'm NOT a Special Snowflake

You have already made the HARDEST step

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Emiepie
on 5/18/18 7:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You may not be a snowflake but you are pretty darn awesome!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ladytazz
on 5/21/18 8:37 pm

I just laughed when I saw your "LW". Too funny!

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

selhard
on 5/18/18 6:56 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

There is quite a few of us in WLS support group that had surgery around the same time as you. A veteran support group member has watched our REGAIN unfold right before his very eyes. He is a registered nurse who doesn't judge but worries about us more. I worry more about the members that quit coming. So......welcome back and keep coming.

Kathy S.
on 5/21/18 9:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
You have already taken the hardest step by saying enough is enough and now I want to get back on track. I maintained 118-125 for over 10 years after losing 200 pounds. Due to a personal tragedy I gained and hit the 190 mark a year ago. After several starts it finally clicked and I am back to goal losing 70 pounds of regain. Here are some steps that helped me and I hope they will help you too! You may have several starts and stops but don't give up, don't beat yourself up. IT WILL CLICK!!! Our tool works if we work the tool and get back to the basics.

Planning/Preparing

Remember when we were preparing for surgery? How many meetings, classes and such did we attend? We were told the more prepared we were the better our chances were for success. And they were right. Go through the house, car and work place and get rid of trigger foods. Stock up on foods that will keep you on track. I removed every bad carb/sugar temptation and replaced it with lots of protein, veggies, grains and fruits.

Journaling

Get back to journaling. This will help you identify when you feel like eating, stress factors and any triggers in your life. Once you identify these factors, this will help you put tools in place to keep you from eating. It became clear I was not taking time for me anymore. I worked my day job and then spent the rest of my time caring for my husband. It was easy to reach for fast, prepackaged food. Since I purged my home I have to eat clean as there are no other options LOL

Use a tool to track you're eating and exercise like Getting Started with Health Tracker. Once I started to track ever bite and drink it became clear why I had gained.

Goals/Rewards

Make a list of goals for yourself. Make them realistic and small. Some of mine were move more, purge all junk from my home, eat more protein. If you didn't make a Weight Loss Surgery bucket list when you first had surgery do it now. GREAT reminder of all the things you can enjoy in life after losing weight.

Food

In general, a long term post-weight loss surgery eating plan includes foods that are high in protein, and low in fat?, calories, and sugar. Important, vitamins and minerals are provided as supplements. (if you had a different surgery adjust this to your food plan).

Water

Water is our Best Friend. I have to say I never went back to pop or any bad drinks, however I was drinking tea like crazy. What is wrong with drinking tea? I was either using sugar or 3 equals and 3 sweet n lows per 32 ounce glass. I found once I started carrying one of the metal bottles of water to keep it cold I drank water all day.

MOVE!

I can't say enough about how key this was for me. The reason I kept my weight off for almost 10 years was no matter what, I kept moving. If I could not go to the gym I would walk. Grab a cart and walk all the isles at your local box store. I loved Zumba, bootcamp workouts, lifting weights. When I stopped, the weight started coming back. So for me I am starting slow to avoid injury by walking and using some of the workouts on my Demand TV. Find something you love to do and it won't feel like a pain in the *** to do daily.

Support

If it's an option "run" don't walk to a support group. Come here on OH daily for support and participate in one of the food threads. It helps you be accountable and also great ideas for food prep.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 269 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views