I haven't been here in a couple months

minaque2
on 5/29/18 1:50 pm

I'm ok but life has been pretty tough. I'm going thru another depressive episode. It's not helping that my dearest friend has 4 months to live, we are having some developmental challenges with my 6yr old son and my PTSD is being triggered by something I can't really get into. I struggle with cravings but am plugging away. I exercise a lot. I am up to 4 miles, 4-5 times a week. I started at 341 and am now 201.

Just stopping by i guess to say hi. and see what how everyone is doing.

Lynne

Librarian67
on 5/29/18 3:24 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Lynne, so sorry that things are so difficult right now, but it sounds like you are doing so well through it! I am so proud of you! I too have found that hard exercise is good for the mind and spirit. It is me time where for that hour I'm not worried or stressed.

Keep it up and check in when you can! We are here.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

minaque2
on 6/1/18 8:28 am

Hi there. TY! You have always been so supportive of me:-) I appreciate you. I hope you are well!

Exercise IS the only way I am keeping hold of what little sanity I have left right now. I pound the pavement with music blasting and think of NOTHING. The 70 minutes I have a clear mind.

Librarian67
on 6/1/18 10:05 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Way to go! When I swim laps, it is like meditation for me. I count the laps and the stress eases away even if it is just temporarily.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/29/18 9:55 pm

Hang in there! Your son is depending on you to be the best Mom you can be.

Giving him what ever supports you can will help him to be productive and happy in life. You both are worth the extra effort.

I'm so sorry your are "loosing your best friend". Do what you can for this person, so you will have no regrets of unfinished,or unspoken support. ASk this person .... How do they want to be remembered and some ideas on how you can promote that memory.?.. Raise money for a cure for___? assist with care or encouragement of other loved ones? Can you help this person to make a video diary for a loved one? This will give you another focus to help you thru the grieving process.

Life has ups an downs for all of us, and having PTSD on top is a really hard load. Please reach out to those who are close to you to find an ear that you are comfortable with discussing , and finding your way past these harder challenges.

It sounds like you are making wonderful progress on weight loss and exercise programs.Try to get more vitamin D3 and sunlight.. if you can't get in the sun, sit under a "bright daylight " Bulb...for at least 30 min daily.

Find a way to reward yourself for your goals...You will soon break into One-der land.that is a great accomplishment.

Vitamin B complex , 1 cc 2x a day..sublingual helps my carb cravings. I do that for 3 days and then back off of it...it was recommended by a nutritionist.My carb cravings take 3 days to break with carbs below 50... Hang in. we are here.

minaque2
on 6/1/18 10:04 am

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. My son is the reason I keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am doing all the things you mentioned. i do have a light box. mY vITAMIN d3 LEVEL IS IN THE NORMAL RANGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS.

sorry for the caps. LOL.

Yes, onederland is around the corner:-)

ScottAndrews
on 5/30/18 4:35 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Not having food to use as an "antidepressant" is definitely an adjustment.

Looks like you're at the doorstep to "onederland" How awesome is that?

minaque2

you are so right. #1 coping mechanism is off the table. No pun intended!

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/18 6:34 am

Hi Lynne

sorry for the rough patch and sadness with your friend. Not easy for sure. It is great you are exercising which I always found helps burn that nervous energy and lift your mood.

sStay positive about your son. Six is very young and with special ed help in school he will overcome his challenges. I went through it with one of my kids (with her reading) and she has blossomed the last couple years. Now in 8th grade. Keep encouraging him and take all the help the school provides.

I hope today is a good day for you.

megan

minaque2

TY. He has a wonderful school. We are very lucky that way!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views