Garcinia Cambogia Gummies ??

Sadeyes49
on 5/30/18 9:42 am - CT

Good afternoon,

Has anyone taken Garcinia Cambogia gummies? If so, what were your results, if any.

My husband, his co-worker and the co-worker's husband, are currently taking it and all three have lost weight.

The latter two are following suit with the co-worker's husband, who has lost over 40 pounds along with his beer belly.

I was a lot skeptical when my husband told me about it, and did quite a bit of research on it, and most people claim it has helped them lose the weight, of course, keeping it off is another subject.

Anybody?

Thank you.

The Salty Hag
on 5/30/18 12:57 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

You got some great advice when you posted about a regain on another thread. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/6031857/13-years-out-o ff-track-Menu-Help/#50401801

Please, try those suggestions before resorting to taking diet aids that won't work in the long run anyway. Once you stop taking it...then what? Like you said.. keeping it off is another subject. Why put yourself through that? Go back to basics, cut out junk food and crappy carbs if you're eating them, and drink plenty of water.

I had a regain of 20 lbs, and have lost 16 so far by doing the things that were suggested to you. It WILL work for you if you give it a chance. Not only have I lost most of my regain, I just feel better.

Losing the regain isn't easy, but it's completely doable by following the advice you were given.

Diet aids may work short term, but they don't work long term...which is why we ended up having WLS. If that stuff worked, we wouldn't have needed surgery, right?

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/30/18 2:06 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Science says Garcinia Cambogia does not lead to weight loss.

"The evidence from [Randomized Clinical Trials] suggests that Garcinia extracts/HCA generate weight loss on the short term. However, the magnitude of this effect is small, is no longer statistically significant when only rigorous RCTs are considered, and its clinical relevance seems questionable." (source)

In one study, there was no statistical difference between people who took garcinia and people who took sugar pill placebos.

When people lose weight while taking this stuff, it's almost certainly because they change their other habits (diet and exercise), not because the pills do anything special.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 5/31/18 5:59 am, edited 5/30/18 11:00 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 30, 2018 at 4:42 PM Pacific Time, Sadeyes49 wrote:

Good afternoon,

Has anyone taken Garcinia Cambogia gummies? If so, what were your results, if any.

My husband, his co-worker and the co-worker's husband, are currently taking it and all three have lost weight.

The latter two are following suit with the co-worker's husband, who has lost over 40 pounds along with his beer belly.

I was a lot skeptical when my husband told me about it, and did quite a bit of research on it, and most people claim it has helped them lose the weight, of course, keeping it off is another subject.

Anybody?

Thank you.

you don?t need fad diets and supplements that won?t work. You need to get back to basics.

What is a day of eating like for you? We can help refine your diet do you start losing again.

Gummies are usually full of sugar so are a part of the problem, right there, by themselves.

Julia S.
on 5/31/18 2:18 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I tried several versions of the Garcinia Cambogia pills and they didn't work for me. If anything it is probably drinking water before eating that helps, directions were to drink 8 oz of water with the pills. I've never had any luck with the "fads" that come and mostly go....

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Kathyjs
on 6/5/18 9:22 am

Diets will make us fat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?