Weight 194Lbs

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/18 11:48 pm

My BMI is 31.6, I'm self paying

we have strict guidelines about BmI 35+ but I have met two surgeons in my town who have agreed to do RNY but with considerations

1. It may not be possible when they go inside due to a large number of endometriosis surgeries and therefore adhesions along the stomach wall
  2. Had a lapband which has now been removed. Again need to check for internal scarring, adhesions
  3. i have a hiatus hernia that needs repairing
  4. i have severe acid reflux now

I have PCOS & fibromyalgia

Lapband starting weight 194 pounds same as now

Any thoughts (good or bad!)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/7/18 4:04 am

I hope you would not allow someone to give you a hard time because you have "only" 50 or 60 lbs to lose.

You need to do what is right for you. Specially since you may try to fix a few things - including removing horrible lap band, and take care of GERD and hopefully help with PCOS.

It may even help with fibromyalgia. Maybe.

Have in mind that if you take any NSAIDS for pain now, you may need to switch to something else to deal with flare-ups.

Fyi- some fibromyalgia can be caused by SIBO. Google that. High proteins, low carb diet can help with that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/18 9:05 am

Thank you so much!

I really hope it helps with Fibromyalgia pain too! You're right, the acid reflux & PCOS is reason enough alone. Most of the principles are the same as the band. I can't take NSAIDs now anyway as I have had reflux and can't eat much due to GERD. I was eating more when I had the band! Glad you don't think I'm crazy for considering RNY. I have self pay approvals and will still think it over but the alternative right now is living with extra weight, bad GERD & PCOS being bad too vs another working tool this time lifelong

Haley_Martinez
on 6/7/18 8:34 am
RNY on 05/03/18

Well I'm not sure about #1 but I know that a lot of people have #3 & #4 and get the surgery without problem. Heck, I had #3 & #4 and I haven't had any sort of reflux since surgery and the hernia was repaired without problem during surgery (apparently it was so easy and common that my surgeon forgot to mention it until my mom asked post-op). Also, I know lap band to RNY revisions are also fairly common, so I think as long as you get a surgeon who is familiar with revisions and experienced with lap band removals, you shouldn't have too much issue there.

As for the weight thing...I'm not sure it matters. You're self pay you say so there are no insurance requirements you have to meet and if the surgeons are willing to work with you that's the end of it, green for go! lol

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

MarinaGirl
on 6/7/18 3:19 pm

If you're RNY self-pay, I recommend you contact Dr Esquerra at Mexicali Bariatric Center as he's a great surgeon and his prices are very reasonable.

sweetpotato1959
on 6/24/18 4:43 pm

My daughter will need this surgery, and would be self pay, no prior surgeries on stomach. What is the price range for this surgery? What can you tell us about this Dr./ way clinic operates, hotel in price, ? security ? Mine is not available any longer.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Forum Search Error & 404