So close to onederland

mirandaF
on 6/10/18 8:16 am
RNY on 08/07/17

212 lbs!!! That is where I'm sitting at atm. I have gone from 325 as of August 7th 2017 to 212 as of June 10, 2018. I'm almost to my 1 year mark and boy has it been tough. I loose very slowly, it doesn't help that while I have kept my calories at or around 800 a day, my carbs sometimes range from only 10 a day to 40. So my weight loss tends to be on the slow side.

I also suffer from PCOS, and I'm in medically induced menopause due to cancer of the uterus so I was given a full hysterectomy (uterus, tubes, cervix) My main goal is to reach 150, and I'm still working towards that goal. But to be this close to onderland it just feels unreal. I never thought I would be this close again. Heck I would even be happy to just hit 180 because at that weight I'm only overweight, not obese.

I can sit in chairs again that don't hurt my legs because I'm not as big, but sadly that was replaced with not being able to sit for long periods because I now have no cushion on my bottom. My poor bottom is extremely bony so even sitting for a movie in those nice movie chairs hurts like the dickens within an hour. But I'll take that over being morbidly obese any day.

My restriction is still working extremely well. I can take in liquids soo much better than I can take in real food. I can be honestly hungry (haven't eaten in a few hours) and I take 4 bites and I'm done because my pouch is giving me that "take another bite I dare ya" warning. Also sometimes it feels like my husband still gives food a funeral for me. He gets really upset sometimes that I'm unable to eat what he eats, and has told me he feels very alone now come meal times. Even though I will eat with him (cottage cheese etc) he has voiced that he still feels alone.

He loves that I've gotten smaller, but tells me in the same breath that it feels like I'm too skinny. His exact words were "The only fat on you is where it hangs on you, everything else is so bony. And it's pretty true, the only fat left on me is where it hangs from my arms, my tummy and my upper thighs. everything else is tiny and extremely bony. I know if somehow all that left skin/fat that is just hanging in those areas were to be cut off I would be so much smaller than I am now. But that will have to wait or not happen at all seeing as that would require a self pay.

Overall I'm very happy with my progress though, and I'm super excited to one morning wake up and see that I have finally hit 199.

peachpie
on 6/10/18 9:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Congrats!! It's a mind trip, isn't it?! It sounds like you are doing well- stick with it and you'll achieve what you want. I remember once early in my hubby made a comment that he felt he lost his eating buddy- but it's not a lingering issue. He's used to how I eat- and vice versa. Your weight will redistribute- you won't look bony forever. Hubby now comments on my body more than he ever has. I'm hoping to revisit onederland, but am equally content if I don't.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

MichelleS61
on 6/10/18 2:51 pm - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

I know what you mean about onederland I'm sitting at 211 and it's so close, and so many years since I was there, my husband still has issues about some of what I'm not eating, but he's also really good at saying, hey do you really think you want/can eat that much, when my eyes are bigger than my much smaller stomach. I can also relate about the boney but, I never had much but it's definitely gone now, and I notice it sitting in anything only lightly padded.

It's a journey sounds like yours has had some ups and downs, but the end result and health improvements are worth it.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Kathy S.
on 6/13/18 1:44 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 382 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views