What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 6/19/18 3:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning my incredible and cool friends! I am feeling "cool" because we finally put in an AC in the bedroom. Yay! I slept like a rock :)

I saw my nutritionist yesterday and showed her a year's worth of menus. She said I was her most organized and compliant patient! Woohoo. I like her a lot. I have had about 10 different NUTs over the 10 years since surgery, but she is the best. She did suggest some snacks that have more carbs in them, but she was 100% on board with me staying low carb. I explained that I might have considered eating Triscuits if they came in single serve packs, but if they are being sold by the box, I am probably going to eat the box... she got it.

Accountability: Switched out a few things but stayed on plan.

QOTD: Do you wear glasses? I got my first prescription back in March but I am stalled with picking out frames! I can't decide on my new face!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 6/19/18 3:47 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning JB and menu folks! We have central AC in our house, but the bedroom just doesn't get that cool. I bought a fan yesterday and that certainly helped me to sleep better with the temperature so warm.

I had my 4 week appointment with the PS yesterday. In good news, he is very happy with my healing even though I still have some swelling in the lower abdomen and may for a while. He has released me to walk all I want now, which is wonderful except it is so hot and humid outside! I still have 4 small scabs on my incisions so he wants me to wait until 6 weeks (another 10 days) to be immersed in the water, so no swimming yet...boo hiss! But I will be compliant and count down the days!

QOTD: Yep, I wear glasses and would have trifocals if I could manage them. I have distance, reading and computer prescriptions and have two sets of glasses. Two pairs that are distance and reading (one is a pair of sunglasses) and one pair for work and computer use that has prescriptions for the computer and reading.

Accountability: I had a small piece of sweet potato pie for dinner last evening...yum!

Menu:

B1: coffee, vanilla Premier Protein shake

B2: scrambled egg, ham

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, almonds

Lunch: fish, salad

Snack:chomps, apple

Dinner: chicken breast

Exercise: a couple of short walks

P.S. Thanks to everyone who weighed in yesterday about my unwanted sexual attention. I am meeting with my therapist and DW this afternoon to talk about strategies.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/19/18 5:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

10 days should go fast and then you will be swimming! It is good that you are being proactive with your therapist and DW on the unwanted touching/attention.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/19/18 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope the 10 days flies by!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 6/19/18 6:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the 10 days fly right by!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 6/19/18 7:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I had a hard time with trifocals, they were just head achy and nauseating!! But progressives are wonderful, try them if you can.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Writergurl08
on 6/19/18 4:07 am, edited 6/18/18 9:07 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Back to the grind and it?s torture! I?m glad I took yesterday off work to recoup from vacation, at least I have clean laundry today.

I did not gain any weight during vacation, as I'd feared I might have because I didn't have much discipline. I was going to do CAMAW, but I returned to a garden full of bounty, so I?ll just go back to strictly limiting carbs. If I don?t eat this kale, it will take over my house yelling, "FEED ME, SEYMORE!" I?ll also have green beans, zucchini, and sugar snap peas in the next few days.

qotd: I have worn glasses since childhood :) I have contacts that I wear on weekends and going out, and I wore contacts all of vacation, but still prefer glasses at work when I stare at a computer screen all day. I go to zennioptical.com. You can upload a pic of your face and virtually try on whatever you want. Put your prescription in at checkout. The glasses are cheap enough that I can usually buy several pairs (I always have one black frame and one brown, like shoes!)

breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch: about 3 oz chicken breast with grilled zucchini (leftover from last night)

snack: string cheese

dinner: turkey burger patty with cheese with a small spinach salad

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 6/19/18 6:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks for letting us know about that site. My face shape has changed, so I never know what kind of glasses to get anymore!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 6/19/18 8:04 am
RNY on 02/15/18

No problem! Sometimes I find myself "trying on" glasses there just for fun. I've only had one instance where they came and didn't fit right--they were too tight for my face. But they were cute so I still wore them lol. At their prices, I wasn't too bothered, and the rest of the time the glasses have been just fine :) you just need your written prescription and pupil distance, which sometimes doesn't come automatically on your script, so be sure to have someone at the office measure.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/19/18 4:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Tuesday!!! I'm focusing this week on stepping up my exercise and today I am feeling it. Sadly, my trainer comes in 20 minutes so it's only going to get worse...but this is a good thing, right?

Accountability: good -- I switched a skyr for Fage 0% so ended a bit higher on protein and lower on calories and carbs so that's good. I crossed the 75lb lost barrier and then my body seems to have decided to sit here for a bit; hopefully mixing up the exercise will get me through the stall in a few days.

QOTD - I wore glasses/contacts from 5 years old until 35 and then had lasik. I feel readers coming my future but so far my optician is amazed that I haven't needed them yet. I think this might be the year though, focusing has gotten harder.

B - Coffee + 1/3 Premiere RTD

S - coffee + 1/3 Premiere RTD

L - TBD - have lunch with a vendor, hoping I can persuade him to go to a salad place.

S - salted carmel tea (I just picked up a box after hearing everyone rave about it!)

D- 2 oz deli turkey breast and 1 oz unexpected cheddar

Totals: 446 calories, 68 protein, 7 carbs

Exercise - trainer this morning, pilates tonight

Have a terrific tuesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?