What's on your Sunday Menu RNY'ers

peachpie
on 6/24/18 5:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I didn't see a thread so figured I'd jump in. What's going on everyone? I just came from my run and am feeling fantastic for doing 3 miles under 10 minutes/mile. Lots of interesting new things to look at being at my parents.

Visitng is nice- but I can see my Dad is very tired. Complains of aches and pain and I realized I need to speak a little more slowly so he can follow. (He is 83). He moves on his own well- but is scared of falling etc. I'm glad we're here and can help them a bit this week.

Qotd: so this is my vacation-- what are your vacation plans for the summer?? I'm SC till Friday and we'll do some activities while here. Haven't figured what yet.

No scale- no weight. 3.1 years out

meals: ?? Beyond breakfast I'll have no idea this week. I have one protein bar left and a shake. I prefer drinking the shakes late in the day now- if I need a protein boost. I get enough protein through food- despite me feeling like I'll need a shake on hectic days- I don't usually and exceed calories because of it.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 6/24/18 6:13 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Peach and Menu Family! Thanks for starting us out, Shauna!

QOTD: No plans for a vacation this summer, but Saralisa and I would like to go to the Omaha zoo sometime. She would like to make it a two-day trip, but we would have to find someone to take care of our pets for us.

Accounability: Yesterday I seemed to be hungry ALL day long! Hence higher numbers. Protein - 128, Calories - 1,500, Carbs - 132.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: ham & cheese on 45 calorie bread, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Healthy Choice turkey meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

E: walking Blossom

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

catwoman7
on 6/24/18 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

thanks for getting us started, Peachpie. I was thinking of doing it but couldn't think of a QOTD!

I'm going to pick up DH at the bus stop in about a half hour - he's back from his trip to Portland, OR. I'll be glad to have him back! Then coffee with my mom and sister, then brunch with friends. Nothing this afternoon - but I may take DH to my office to deal with some heavy stuff (move it to other places, bring it home, etc). This is my last full week at work! I'm only working one or two days next week, to wrap up fiscal year stuff. I can't believe it's almost over - and i'm kind of freaked out!

QOTD: no vacations, really. My friend from Turkey will be here July 13-26, so I'll stick around then, and then I have plastic surgery on Aug 10. Between those dates, I might go to Ohio to visit my high school friend who was recently diagnosed with glioblastoma - that is, if she's up to it. She'll be coming off chemo then so God knows how she'll be feeling...

3 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry/blackberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein vanilla latte shake

L: brunch with friends - I think quiche or chicken salad

D: I was going to make pizza and have one slice of it, but depending on lunch, I may hold off for a day or two. If I hold off, then chicken breast and vegetables

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/24/18 6:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are back home from Aruba and exhausted. I didn't have much sleep last night as I somehow lost my watch and some bracelets in packing and looked for them and obsessed over them until 3:30 am.

Justice was overjoyed to see us. When he heard us come in he raised a huge racket in his crate and was licking us from head to toe! He is now comfortably ensconced on my lap as I type this.

Today is laundry and putting away clothes (as well as straightening the house) day. I don't get how it can get so cluttered by one son in the two weeks we were gone?

QOTD: Well we just returned from Aruba which was our big summer vacation. Then of course I am retired and live on Cape Cod where we have tons of beaches and stuff like Museums, whale watches, islands to visit, etc. In the first half of September we will be in Europe. Then we are going to Portland OR and Denver CO in late October to visit family and go to a wedding. It is obviously a busy travel year, but that is because I'm not sure how much longer DH will be able to travel with his Alzheimer's. The Europe trip in particular is going to be a big challenge for him.

Accountability: I have about 1.5 pounds to get back in my comfortable weight range (3 to get in the middle) after vacation. Yesterday I ate on plan until I got home and ended up looking for my missing jewelry and having insomnia. I ate okay stuff but too much. For the next 2 days I'm going to try doing 100% AMAW which I have never done before (I have always done CAMAW), then do CAMAW for several days. We will see how it goes...

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey

D: Shrimp

S: Meat sticks, pork rinds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Rosemi
on 6/24/18 7:40 am

Liz, did you find your jewelry? I sure hope so...things like that can be so consuming... irritating. Grrrrr

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/24/18 10:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

NO! And our friend still in Aruba checked with them and no one turned it in. It is possible I threw it out with some other stuff that was on the same counter...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Writergurl08
on 6/24/18 6:33 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Yesterday was super busy, my mom and her new boyfriend came up to visit and I gave him my "seal of approval." There's a backstory here: this is not the first time my mom and this man dated, but it is the first time I met him. When my mom found out she was pregnant with me, my dad freaked out and left/didn't believe her. So she started dating Brian. Brian was crazy about my mom and said he'd step in and be a father figure to me. My dad knew Brian and got super jealous and got my mom back with claims of wanting to be a good dad and be a family. My parents weren't married long and my dad...wasn't a great dad. I don't have a very close relationship with him. Anyway...cut to 33 years later, and my mom is back with Brian. He was very engaging and courteous and I can tell he and my mom have fun together.

Qotd: we just returned from our vacation in CO, no other plans to travel until Thanksgiving when we will go to Tulsa to visit DH's family.

Breakfast: coffee and Premier

lunch: Emiepies egg salad

dinner: pork tenderloin and garden beans

snack: a Greek L&F pending protein numbers once I add everything into MFP.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/25/18 5:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice for your Mom!

Megdot582
on 6/24/18 9:24 am
RNY on 04/30/18

Happy Sunday!

I am up early for me on a Sunday, I had planned on making myself a new recipe of protein pancakes for breakfast but I am not up early enough for that. So much to do today for a Sunday including getting a bunch of party food out of my fridge and into a neighbors chest freezer! YAY for having space back. I also got my new fitbit versa yesterday!!!

Qotd: This is a big year for us vacation wise. My Father in law retired last Christmas and so we are taking them to Germany as a gift. FiL served in the military and they lived there for several years, my husband was even born there! They have not been back since, although my husband and I honeymooned there so I could see where he grew up. We are going for over 2 weeks and other than my worries about food I am crazy excited. This time, I feel like I won't stick out as the fat American tourist...

Accountability: Yesterday was okay, I slept so late my vitamin timing was WAY off and I had to skip a calcium. Bah. Bu****er was way up and I am now .2 lbs away from my second goal. Now should the next goal be 200 or 195?

Bf: 1 egg, 1 slice Dave's killer bread Powerseed thin, 1t margarine, 1t sugar free preserves

MS: 1/2 oz pork rinds, 1 babybel

L: 4oz Siggi's skyr yogurt, 37g Julian's bakery Progranola

AS: 2oz sliced deli meat, 1 laughing cow wedge

D: 3 turkey meatballs, Cream of mushroom sauce (whatever is on the meatballs when serving, nothing added), 1/4 cup beets

A premier protein pudding if needed, 1/4 cup raspberries

Maddymoe2
on 6/24/18 10:21 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Shauna,

Did you follow a plan when you started running?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 227 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?