Whatâ??s on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 7/7/18 2:36 am, edited 7/7/18 2:39 am

Morning from the lake weekenders!

i forgot to mention I am camping this weekend! I thought I wouldn?t have signal, but I found a spot right by the lake! Keeping this short in case it doesn?t actually post...

qotd: who camps? Love it hate it?

menu: protein forward with some fruit.

edit to add a photo!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 7/7/18 3:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Love that pic--so serene...

QOTD: Well, I have a lot of happy memories about camping from when I was a kid but I can't say I am terribly motivated to try as an adult.

Not really sure about my menu today. I am going into work this morning to try to make a dent on some big projects. I am taking Grim with me (yay!) so I think I will treat him to lunch afterwards. Dinner is also TBD because we are taking our friend and her niece to the drive in movie theater tonight for a double feature of the Incredibles II & Ant Man & Wasp Girl. Chances are we'll do hot dogs or hamburgers there :)

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

seattledeb
on 7/7/18 11:25 pm

I love the Drive-in. Y'all have fun.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/7/18 5:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love lakes! A friend has a cottage on a lake in New Hampshire and it always makes me feel peaceful when we stay there. We still have company today from 4th of July week. I am kind of looking forward to getting back to normal tomorrow after everyone leaves.

QOTD: I camped as a kid and as a young adult until 30 year old DD arrived. We loved it and I have some great memories, but I don't think I could do it again unless it was in a nice mobile home with electricity, a good shower, and bathroom. The last time we camped, DD was about 2 months old. We went to a lake in New Hampshire on a super hot, humid, windless day. There were mosquitoes everywhere so we had to stay in the tent when not out in the sun. That night someone left the door to the woman's bathroom/showers open so when I took my shower in the morning I ended up with bug bites all over my derrière. Oh and DSD had a panic attack in the middle of the night. So we were sitting in the tent, hot, tired, and I was scratching all over and we all agreed that we wanted to go home after one day. We haven't camped since then.

Accountability: Not great but worth it. We went out to dinner with DSD. I had the insides of a great lobster roll!

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Protein of some sort probably on the grill

S: ostrim meat stick, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 7/7/18 5:23 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Sorry I've been missing between work and helping friends out that I haven't had time to post and read for the last two weeks. Work is going good. I'm working mostly with the babies.

This past week, I got to see my oldest niece that's visiting from Virginia and my nephew that lives over 50 miles away. He looks really great, he had wls last January.

Today I'm going to a church function doing some sort of crafts. It should be fun.

Qotd love camping but haven't done it in many years. I asked my brother if he still has my tent and camping gear, he said yes. I'll go get it soon.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans. Also had a English muffin.

L not sure but got protein bars in my purse.

D chicken sausage, vegetable and strawberries

Have a good day

pinyee
on 7/7/18 5:48 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning all.... A little chilly in the 802 today but I will take it. Today is a busy one running errands, doing some work work, and then later dinner at the in-laws. My mother in law wants us to bring Chinese which is fine with me because that means she is not cooking all the foods I hate which is what she has usually done for the past 27 years.

QOTD: I'm not a fan of camping an usually I say my idea of camping is a hotel with no room service. But now that I'm smaller we might borrow my brothers camper some weekend and go camping and see if we hate it.

Food for the day:

B: Coffee and eggs w/ bacon

L: ham and cheese

D: no clue what I am going to pick yet but something with meat...

Have a good day my friends...

catwoman7
on 7/7/18 10:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

your post made me LOL - the mother-in-law's cooking and going camping to see if you still hate it. Ha ha !!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

pinyee
on 7/7/18 11:05 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

It's true she knows I hate pork roast and anything with cooked apples and every time we go there for dinner I can count on her serving one of those things. I even have my daughter trained that you eat before you go to Grams or when you get home. She Kent my daughter hates eggs and she try's to make her eat them every time she makes her breakfast!

karenp8
on 7/7/18 6:06 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I got 4 miles done this morning and will do more after supper. Accountability was great. No extra bites and way over my step goal. My total for the day was 8+miles as hubby and I walked about 4 to two museums yesterday afternoon after my morning walk with Lily. QOTD camping right now as I type. Of course my youngest would say it was glamping as he prefers tent camping. Our class C driveable is nicer than my home with cherry cabinets,granite sink and countertop,stainless appliances and satellite if we can a signal. The Nomads work trips we've been on are rather like camping for free with work added some days. You also are working with other retired couples too so its a chance to meet and make new friends from all over the US. Work is varied:cleaning at camps to get ready for campers, yard work,trimming brush,building and always lots of painting. Its a blast! Post op 5 years 10.25 months and weight at 119 today. Heres the food B 1 scrambled egg with 1/2 piece toast L 4 oz deli turkey with cheese 1/2 c yummy grilled zucchini hubby made last night D 4 oz baked cod 2 slices grilled zucchini S 5 oz cottage cheese with 1 T no sugar added strawberry jam. Have a great day full of smart choices! Pics to follow of our little camper tucked in the corner and the whole campsite. We're in a parking lot by the maintenance shed with electric,water and sewer provided here in Quincy,Illinois at Chaddock Children's Home. Off to start the coffeepot and do laundry.

pinyee
on 7/7/18 7:09 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Now glamping I could try!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?