almost 4 moths after surgery and i am not losing

White Dove
on 7/31/18 3:58 am, edited 7/30/18 8:58 pm - Warren, OH

For many people, 100 pounds is what they lose with surgery. If you are not using this "honeymoon" period to eliminate starchy foods, control calories, and concentrate on protein, then you are wasting your surgery. The only way to get to goal and stay there is to control the types and amounts of foods that you eat.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/18 7:17 am
RNY on 03/27/17

Hello there,

You clearly have self control over your diet or you would not have lost the 100lbs post surgery. Having said that, there has been wonderful advise given about diet, but sometimes the issue is in our mind. You mentioned looking for snacks and there in could be a large part of the issue. We are so trained after our surgery to count protein, count protein, at times we forget to watch everything else we are putting in our mouths.

My suggestion is to research grazing and see if you can glean some tips from that information. We may not be able to eat a lot at one time, but if you put the wrong things in your mouth in between meals and do it throughout the day, you will sabotage your good eating habits. This is a critical time to develop the right eating habits that will affect you for the rest of your life, as well as the next several months. Eventually, the slow/rapid weight lose will stop, and it will be left up to you to take the reins and not gain the weight back.

Please do not give up. Again you were able to take off the 100lbs prior to surgery so you have it in you to succeed. Everyone has set backs here and there.

I am in an awkward position as the weight came off to fast and my surgery is more then likely getting reversed very soon, but I know those who have had great success, so it can be life transforming for many in a good way. My weight came off where I hade lost 100lbs in about 7 months and I have over shot my goal by about 30 lbs.

Hope this helps some.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 361 views